Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250180 times)

ozymandias

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #3825 on: February 06, 2008, 01:02:42 PM »

I felt it. I knew it was bad. I just did not know what it was.

I will never fall for that gag, again. I know now to move my fucking feet.

You should get checked up as soon as possible!!    :o  **ozymandias in nurse mode**

Really?

Help me understand why. It missed me. I was a bit aware of it, but it missed me. The only thing I can point to as an aftereffect is ringing ears, but I'm reasonably sure that is due to the explosion of force that knocked me to the ground.

What else could there be wrong?

... other than the fact that every muscle is sore like a fatiguing cold has hit me.

You might have received a stray shock from the lightning.  Sort of like getting hit with shrapnel.  Which is what some of your description MIGHT fit, the feeling of energy going thru you, sickness, residual muscle soreness.   I'm just a cautious sort.  However, since it was nine hours ago, just continue to monitor yourself, especially things like balance (worse than usual), concentration, memory, sensation of touch as well as the other senses.

Now, I'm not saying run to the ER, more like, go to a local clinic or your own physician and get it documented at some point. 

My wife is telling me basically the same thing, but in a worrywort type of way. I have to live with her, though, and she can be very persistent. :D

Since I am due for my next major blood work-up from the lab in a couple of weeks, I decided to do it all a bit early. That won't take long at al.

Thanks!

That sounds ok, if things feel better stick with that plan.  Otherwise, I'm sure you know what to do!  Tell your wife to relax, it was only a glancing blow at worst and could be just the concussion from the lightning blast combined with a MINOR shock.  If it was worse, you wouldn't be sitting at the computer telling us about it nine hours later.

ozymandias

« Reply #3826 on: February 06, 2008, 01:08:13 PM »
Had a really bad headache all day
I have headaches too much
It seems to be going now though

I'v found that I get headaches more easily when I drink, even if it's not much of a drink.  There just seems to be a certain limit with my body, that if I go over that limit, I'll get a persistent headache.  Even if all I get is a decent buzz.

Just a suggestion, don't drink anything alcoholic for the next 4 days or even a week and see how that feels.  If the headaches go away or are not as bad or persistent............

Soph

« Reply #3827 on: February 06, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »
Yeah I had a drink last night, not much but a bit. I finished off a bottle that I'd opened about a week before as well, and it didn't taste right lol

I had a drink (non-alcohol) then and something to eat, and feel better now. Eating usually helps with mine, even though I tend to feel sick as well

I really hate headaches

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3828 on: February 06, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »

I felt it. I knew it was bad. I just did not know what it was.

I will never fall for that gag, again. I know now to move my fucking feet.

You should get checked up as soon as possible!!    :o  **ozymandias in nurse mode**

Really?

Help me understand why. It missed me. I was a bit aware of it, but it missed me. The only thing I can point to as an aftereffect is ringing ears, but I'm reasonably sure that is due to the explosion of force that knocked me to the ground.

What else could there be wrong?

... other than the fact that every muscle is sore like a fatiguing cold has hit me.

You might have received a stray shock from the lightning.  Sort of like getting hit with shrapnel.  Which is what some of your description MIGHT fit, the feeling of energy going thru you, sickness, residual muscle soreness.   I'm just a cautious sort.  However, since it was nine hours ago, just continue to monitor yourself, especially things like balance (worse than usual), concentration, memory, sensation of touch as well as the other senses.

Now, I'm not saying run to the ER, more like, go to a local clinic or your own physician and get it documented at some point. 

My wife is telling me basically the same thing, but in a worrywort type of way. I have to live with her, though, and she can be very persistent. :D

Since I am due for my next major blood work-up from the lab in a couple of weeks, I decided to do it all a bit early. That won't take long at al.

Thanks!

That sounds ok, if things feel better stick with that plan.  Otherwise, I'm sure you know what to do!  Tell your wife to relax, it was only a glancing blow at worst and could be just the concussion from the lightning blast combined with a MINOR shock.  If it was worse, you wouldn't be sitting at the computer telling us about it nine hours later.

Exactly. It missed me.
About thirty minutes after it happened, my wife returned home from work and I was still in an agitated state, trying to calm my daughter down. We were reading by battery operated lantern when she came home. She knows I had a case of the shakes, even though I was trying to be "brave" so my daughter could get back to sleep. She got to see all that, by candle light anyway. That is why she was so insistent that I get to the doctor. She sees me shaking and probably thinks that I suddenly have that "Old People's Disease" that makes them shake.

It was not too bad at the doctor's office, really. I was only there for an hour, including the time to let them get their blood sample, next door. He looked into my ears, tested my pupil function, listened to my heart and asked if I had any newly broken skin that I did not know how I got. He said about the same thing you said - that if I had been injured by a lightning strike, I would not be sitting in his office making jokes but in a hospital bed and likely with severe injuries.

I've also stepped it off several times today. I was about thirty eight feet from the initial blast and about fifteen feet from where the secondary bolt hit the car. I did not really get any directly "ON me."  I can still see it happening in slow motion in my mind. The outline of plasma made the shape of a horse's back and head as it reached the car. Like a horse diving head first into the hood of the car.

(I don't see anymore horses diving into things, so I really think I'm OK.)

I had to get to work after a couple of hours, for a short day, but I'm really glad they had re-stored the electricity by the time the kids had to get ready for school. There was enough upset to their routines already from school letting out early, yesterday.

In my mind, all morning long, I been screaming GLOBAL WARMING, this is because of global warming. We should NOT have storms like what we have had lately. So I googled a bit and found references to January flooding, January tornadoes, people struck by lightning in January, all going back sixty and seventy years. It may be rare to have this kind of fucked up weather pattern, but it is not unheard of.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 03:47:18 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3829 on: February 06, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »

On top of all this latest excitement, BOTH my refrigerator AND my deep freezer have quit working, today.

GOD DAMN IT!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3830 on: February 06, 2008, 03:46:10 PM »

I don't think that is related to the lightning strike, because I had several pieces of more delicate electronic gear running, including this computer, and none of it has been affected.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3831 on: February 06, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »

On top of all this latest excitement, BOTH my refrigerator AND my deep freezer have quit working, today.

GOD DAMN IT!!

Bad things tend to come in 3s, although not that quickly.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3832 on: February 06, 2008, 04:44:09 PM »

NO. Good things. Bad in 5's.

Fuck.

Soph

« Reply #3833 on: February 06, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »
OCD  :(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3834 on: February 06, 2008, 05:09:29 PM »

Fuck.

I had more than five bad things happen today. Am I ahead of the game or just at the head of the game?

I am mostly numb, right now, but if I was going to cry, it would be because of the seventy year old vase I broke.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3835 on: February 06, 2008, 05:14:04 PM »
Go to bed - before it gets worse.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3836 on: February 06, 2008, 05:19:12 PM »

Fuck.

I had more than five bad things happen today. Am I ahead of the game or just at the head of the game?

I am mostly numb, right now, but if I was going to cry, it would be because of the seventy year old vase I broke.

:(

have a good cry - i'd pay money which i haven't got to be able to.

and it's been a fuckawful day here, too - perhaps the planets are in wonky alignment, or something.  :(

/hugs dawg.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3837 on: February 06, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »

Fuck.

and it's been a fuckawful day here, too - perhaps the planets are in wonky alignment, or something.  :(

/hugs dawg.

Thanks, but I'm still too numb.

*hugs back, a little "too" tightly and certainly for "too" long*

ozymandias

« Reply #3838 on: February 06, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »

Fuck.

/hugs dawg.

Planetary misalignment works for me!   :(

ozymandias

« Reply #3839 on: February 06, 2008, 07:00:18 PM »
Damn, fucking, "political " survey phonecalls and their barely able to speak english or mumble mouthed operators.  They're worse than telemarketers and that ain't sayin much!  :grrr:

I say we do tactical nuclear strikes on all the call centers in the world.  Decrease the surplus human population, cause nuclear winter and stop global warming......win-win I say!   :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:02:01 PM by ozymandias »