Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249921 times)

ozymandias

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #3630 on: January 31, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »
I suspect I know who you mean. (well, I've narrowed it down to two anyway lol)

On the other hand, it's things like these that make me say, AS advocacy is a fucking joke!

I came to that conclusion a while ago, sadly. I've tried and failed to get a member-run project going twice now. I don't have the optimism or mental energy for a third, tbh. maybe next year.

Well if gwynfryn was one of those names, thats the one.  Who else were you thinking of???   :P  BTW, what's with "The Wronged" I can't get on there lately???  AS for As advocacy, I had to ban a tosser from the Island recently who is a lot like one particular member in this place.  I didn't want to, but, the stupid twit pushed me too far.  And AI is a support forum, not a place to toss your shit all over the place.   Thats why I don't want to be an admin. here, I'm sick of people who have nothing better to do than incessantly push buttons and play mind games.  AFter 5 fucking years of forum activity from Aspergia, wp and AI, etal., at the risk of being repetetive, AS AND autism advocacy is a fucking joke.  Some people like TheASman and some others give me hope, a slim hope, but hope nonetheless.

yeah, gwynfryn was the most likely, the AS man was the other lol (though he seems to have learned to cool it these days i think).

I finally closed The Wronged a couple of weeks ago due to total lack of activity - I was sick of the fucking thing, sat there like it was mocking me. sorry ozy, I'd have sacked it ages ago if you hadn't asked me not to.

On the other hand, it's things like these that make me say, AS advocacy is a fucking joke!

I came to that conclusion a while ago, sadly. I've tried and failed to get a member-run project going twice now. I don't have the optimism or mental energy for a third, tbh. maybe next year.
If you want to make waves, go to a NAS conference and get as many people you know to do so as well. Then get yourself voted on to their council, and follow up to their trustees. If the entire membership of Intensity went, we could pick who got on the board.

nah. I don't think I care any more. *shrug* let someone else beat their head against a brick wall for a change.
You could simply go along and stand, get Vivi or someone good to write a speech and see how well it goes down. I reckon it would be very positive myself. You could end up positioning yourself as a trustee in a £70 milion turn over organisation. Then you could do an awful lot.

that would involve leaving the house. the only autistics I'm still willing to stand up and fight for atm are my sons. I'm tired.

I hear you.  I have more than enough in standing up and fighting for my daughter.   :grrr:  Sometimes I think we parents are the only ones who see the forest for the trees.  I know thats a broad generalization, but, I see a few others who can even grasp what I mean here.   :rant: :wallbutt: :tumbleweed: :rage:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3631 on: January 31, 2008, 06:00:11 PM »

Well if gwynfryn was one of those names, thats the one.  Who else were you thinking of???   :P  BTW, what's with "The Wronged" I can't get on there lately???  AS for As advocacy, I had to ban a tosser from the Island recently who is a lot like one particular member in this place.  I didn't want to, but, the stupid twit pushed me too far.  And AI is a support forum, not a place to toss your shit all over the place.   Thats why I don't want to be an admin. here, I'm sick of people who have nothing better to do than incessantly push buttons and play mind games.  AFter 5 fucking years of forum activity from Aspergia, wp and AI, etal., at the risk of being repetetive, AS AND autism advocacy is a fucking joke.  Some people like TheASman and some others give me hope, a slim hope, but hope nonetheless.

yeah, gwynfryn was the most likely, the AS man was the other lol (though he seems to have learned to cool it these days i think).

I finally closed The Wronged a couple of weeks ago due to total lack of activity - I was sick of the fucking thing, sat there like it was mocking me. sorry ozy, I'd have sacked it ages ago if you hadn't asked me not to.

If you want to make waves, go to a NAS conference and get as many people you know to do so as well. Then get yourself voted on to their council, and follow up to their trustees. If the entire membership of Intensity went, we could pick who got on the board.

nah. I don't think I care any more. *shrug* let someone else beat their head against a brick wall for a change.
You could simply go along and stand, get Vivi or someone good to write a speech and see how well it goes down. I reckon it would be very positive myself. You could end up positioning yourself as a trustee in a £70 milion turn over organisation. Then you could do an awful lot.

that would involve leaving the house. the only autistics I'm still willing to stand up and fight for atm are my sons. I'm tired.
What sort of world do you want your sons to live in, 10-20 years ahead? Thats the real question, thats what you should fight for if you truely believe in it. Asides, leaving the house would do you a lot of good i suspect.
Wit avoids the grit. If you blatently outsmart them, they know they cannot sell you anything. Although out and about my uni, I just take the leaflets or whatever they are offering and ditch it in the nearest bin, I cant really take the piss too much given some of them will sort of know me.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3632 on: January 31, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »

:plus:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3633 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:23 PM »

What sort of world do you want your sons to live in, 10-20 years ahead? Thats the real question, thats what you should fight for if you truely believe in it. Asides, leaving the house would do you a lot of good i suspect.
Wit avoids the grit. If you blatently outsmart them, they know they cannot sell you anything. Although out and about my uni, I just take the leaflets or whatever they are offering and ditch it in the nearest bin, I cant really take the piss too much given some of them will sort of know me.

:D
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3634 on: January 31, 2008, 06:07:49 PM »
*tries to tiddle*

Are you fucking kidding me?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 06:12:13 PM by DirtDawg »

ozymandias

« Reply #3635 on: January 31, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »
I have one. Why? :-\

One of my bothers is a real pain

I just have an older sister and she is a "mini-me" of my psycho-female progenitor!   :grrr:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3636 on: January 31, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »
*tries to tiddle*

Have you finished editing that post yet?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3637 on: January 31, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »
*tries to tiddle*

FUCK! What a bitch!

It took me five minutes to paraphrase your nonsense into something concise.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3638 on: January 31, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »
Any body have brothers?  If you do you understand >:(

I have one, too and a half.

One full brother, younger and one half brother, older.

I don't understand what you are saying.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3639 on: January 31, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »
*tries to tiddle*

FUCK! What a bitch!

It took me five minutes to paraphrase your nonsense into something concise.
Or more to the point, you are being completely closed minded, yet again. Notice I have never complained about said problem, do you not think that is not because I can comfortably deal with it?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3640 on: January 31, 2008, 08:14:32 PM »
Undercooked my damned potatoes.

Soph

« Reply #3641 on: January 31, 2008, 09:31:28 PM »