Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250652 times)

duncvis

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #3540 on: January 28, 2008, 08:36:59 PM »
they have a piece of paper for just about everything here. competition is a factor for even the shittest job so it pays to have as many as you can collect, then the agencies can send you for more stuff. (i usually get work through agencies - interviews arent exactly one of my core competences). I want one for counterbalance ideally.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3541 on: January 28, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »
I've been surprised at th number of things they have just thrown at me over the years no training and just said get it done most in things I am self taught
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3542 on: January 28, 2008, 08:42:29 PM »
I've had loads of call centre jobs, cos all there is here is retail, call centre or warehousing. It made me fucking nuts too. Hopefully I can get an evening/night shift warehouse job when Xan starts school in the autumn, if I can get fork lift training and maybe a work placement from those lovely New Deal for the Disabled folks at the jobcentre.

In other thoughts, they shoot horses, don't they? :headexplode:

They make you do a coarse on forklift driving? They just threw the keys at me and told me to figure it out.  It's not that hard I'm sure you cold handle it easily 

Yeah, for insurance purposes, our company required an intensive training and testing to be certified  to use "Big Joe," which is our own version of a warehouse platform lift. I looked for a picture of it, but the Big Joe company doesn't show the same piece of equipment that we use on their website.

I am getting fairly comfortable at work, now. I always start early in the morning and finish early in the day. No problem, really, because I'm almost always up early anyway. I might as well go do something.

Ihave had a tough time getting my system worked around to a more normal sleep situation, though. Since I was ill. last week, I have laid off the coffee to get my digestive tract going again. It is mroe difficult without my evening coffee to mellow out. Tea just doesn't work the same for me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3543 on: January 28, 2008, 08:43:59 PM »
I've been surprised at th number of things they have just thrown at me over the years no training and just said get it done most in things I am self taught

That is true for me as well, of the things that matter most.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Soph

« Reply #3544 on: January 28, 2008, 08:44:42 PM »
More and more convinced I have a problem with my heart

Too much of a coward to go to the doctors

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3545 on: January 28, 2008, 08:46:39 PM »
I've had loads of call centre jobs, cos all there is here is retail, call centre or warehousing. It made me fucking nuts too. Hopefully I can get an evening/night shift warehouse job when Xan starts school in the autumn, if I can get fork lift training and maybe a work placement from those lovely New Deal for the Disabled folks at the jobcentre.

In other thoughts, they shoot horses, don't they? :headexplode:

They make you do a coarse on forklift driving? They just threw the keys at me and told me to figure it out.  It's not that hard I'm sure you cold handle it easily 

Yeah, for insurance purposes, our company required an intensive training and testing to be certified  to use "Big Joe," which is our own version of a warehouse platform lift. I looked for a picture of it, but the Big Joe company doesn't show the same piece of equipment that we use on their website.

I am getting fairly comfortable at work, now. I always start early in the morning and finish early in the day. No problem, really, because I'm almost always up early anyway. I might as well go do something.

Ihave had a tough time getting my system worked around to a more normal sleep situation, though. Since I was ill. last week, I have laid off the coffee to get my digestive tract going again. It is mroe difficult without my evening coffee to mellow out. Tea just doesn't work the same for me.

Larger companies tend to be this way most of the places I have worked were family owned till the last place and the beurocrasy of it all sucked

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3546 on: January 28, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »

Bureaucracy can be a bitch, but not many companies offer stock options to part time employees or "cost plus five percent" employee prices on any items they sell. I'll be OK at this job as long as I can keep away from the dunes where the constant retail traffic occurs and focus my talents setting stuff up, behind the scenes.

I have a gift I call technophilia.   I can grasp this high-tech stuff rather quickly. Troubleshooting is another gift of mine. Many sales display things they send us precise assembly instructions on, simply do not work, but I can fix it and then tell them what they did wrong in their instructions.
:D

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3547 on: January 28, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
I have a knack for figuring things out and trouble shooting too  also which is why I was aways thrown into those positions..   Working for some big companies can be a good thing i just tend to really piss off the wrong people

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3548 on: January 28, 2008, 09:33:44 PM »
More and more convinced I have a problem with my heart

I'd massage it for you.

You should have it checked.
My ticker's busted, and I can't
tell what time it is.

Soph

« Reply #3549 on: January 28, 2008, 09:45:36 PM »
I want to find out, because I know there's something wrong with it, and it's not related to anxiety. It  could be something serious.
but I'm scared of what they'lll do to me if I go to the doctors

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3550 on: January 28, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »
It MAY be related to stress.
I've had chest pains, when
stress got too high.

Doesn't mean that they can't
help it, even so.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3551 on: January 28, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »
I have a knack for figuring things out and trouble shooting too  also which is why I was aways thrown into those positions..   Working for some big companies can be a good thing i just tend to really piss off the wrong people

That happens all too often. I have been lucky so far.

I stopped the suit-wearing, Jaguar Sedan driving district manager from entering the warehouse in my second week and he was pissed at first. My immediate bosses supported me though. I did not know the guy and he was not wearing any identifying credentials of any sort. Several regular employees were at lunch right then and I was just enforcing the sign that said "Employees Only."
I was not rude, but did not budge and he backed down. I had an answer for every one of his objections, plus I started rolling security video tape on him "for the protection of both of us." :D.

Later when someone introduced us, he made a joke about me being their pitbull. We're OK, now, but it could have gone the other way, too.

Soph

« Reply #3552 on: January 28, 2008, 09:49:49 PM »
stress got too high.

help it, even so.

It has definitely been a lot worse the last few months, but I don't kno why
Obviously been stressed about Sophie, university, AS stuff and fucktards on teh internets. But other tahn that I dunno

It's not just chest pains either, it's weird heart beats and funny stuff

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3553 on: January 28, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »
I've known people with murmurs.

You may want to look over some info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_murmur

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3554 on: January 28, 2008, 11:19:41 PM »
stress got too high.

help it, even so.

It has definitely been a lot worse the last few months, but I don't kno why
Obviously been stressed about Sophie, university, AS stuff and fucktards on teh internets. But other tahn that I dunno

It's not just chest pains either, it's weird heart beats and funny stuff

Could be something like tachycardia, too

Do have it looked into. Don't put this one off. Go see a doctor.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:25:33 PM by DirtDawg »