Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 251340 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #3300 on: January 05, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »
I'm a boneheaded dork.

Speaking of calls ...

My older son, who I only met this year, called me this morning. We talked for almost an hour. He said a lot of things like that he wanted to call me on Christmas and New Year's, but was afraid that he would be interfering or butting in.

We talked about a week before Christmas and I had expressed how my wife and I were keeping Christmas for the young kids and not doing anything for each other.

I have no idea why I did not think of him at that time, during THAT conversation, but I did not. I think of him as a grown up (he's twenty nine, now). I should have at least called him during his stressful time, dealing with his own families' Christmas times, which were quite a mess from his description.

I feel like such a fucking heel. Why didn't I call him?

I tried to explain that he can always call me anytime, because he is part of my family, too, but my actions tell another tale. WTF is wrong with my brain? A simple two minute telephone call could have meant a lot to him. Of course, I thought about him, but "did not want to interfere" with his plans either.

Now I find that I misjudged.

Bonehead, dweeb, moron, socially inept fool am I!

He seemed OK and glad to talk, but timing is important, too and I feel His making the effort instead of me shows his strength and my weakness.

Don't be so hard on yourself!  You just learned of his existence and your just starting to establish ties and BUILD a relationship.  He hasn't been a part of your established routines.  I doubt even an NT would have taken this as well as you have.  Your trying, thats what counts, I'm sure he's feeling just as muddled as you.   So stop kicking yourself, it's going to take time and I'm sure he will be glad for the effort and so will you.  Just be honest with yourself and him, and stop apologizing or dwelling on it.  Give yourself a break.

Parts of my mind knows that you are right, but most of this new life "style" is still fucking raw and oozing from a painful loss of time that I can not even begin to describe.

It's like every moment with him has taken on a severe urgency and if I lose one more chance then any other, future chances will be gone as well. I  have only a single thread to hold on to, over a chasm of old bloodflow, where there should have been a massive bridge that nothing could tear down. I have missed so much, but my priorities have to be to the younger ones. I'm not sure I can ever help the older one, but I have a chance to help the young ones.

I have to keep my course. It is nearly impossible to not be distracted by this whole thing.

I know you are right.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3301 on: January 05, 2008, 11:35:22 AM »
Why don't you set up a time to call him once every week or so, then it will probably be easier to remember to call him for the other times too.

Did you tell him that you thought that you would be butting in on his plans as well, if you called him?

ozymandias

« Reply #3302 on: January 05, 2008, 01:06:43 PM »
I'm a boneheaded dork.

Speaking of calls ...

My older son, who I only met this year, called me this morning. We talked for almost an hour. He said a lot of things like that he wanted to call me on Christmas and New Year's, but was afraid that he would be interfering or butting in.

We talked about a week before Christmas and I had expressed how my wife and I were keeping Christmas for the young kids and not doing anything for each other.

I have no idea why I did not think of him at that time, during THAT conversation, but I did not. I think of him as a grown up (he's twenty nine, now). I should have at least called him during his stressful time, dealing with his own families' Christmas times, which were quite a mess from his description.

I tried to explain that he can always call me anytime, because he is part of my family, too, but my actions tell another tale. WTF is wrong with my brain? A simple two minute telephone call could have meant a lot to him. Of course, I thought about him, but "did not want to interfere" with his plans either.

He seemed OK and glad to talk, but timing is important, too and I feel His making the effort instead of me shows his strength and my weakness.

Don't be so hard on yourself!  You just learned of his existence and your just starting to establish ties and BUILD a relationship.  He hasn't been a part of your established routines.  I doubt even an NT would have taken this as well as you have.  Your trying, thats what counts, I'm sure he's feeling just as muddled as you.   So stop kicking yourself, it's going to take time and I'm sure he will be glad for the effort and so will you.  Just be honest with yourself and him, and stop apologizing or dwelling on it.  Give yourself a break.

Parts of my mind knows that you are right, but most of this new life "style" is still fucking raw and oozing from a painful loss of time that I can not even begin to describe.

It's like every moment with him has taken on a severe urgency and if I lose one more chance then any other, future chances will be gone as well. I  have only a single thread to hold on to, over a chasm of old bloodflow, where there should have been a massive bridge that nothing could tear down. I have missed so much, but my priorities have to be to the younger ones. I'm not sure I can ever help the older one, but I have a chance to help the young ones.

I have to keep my course. It is nearly impossible to not be distracted by this whole thing.

I know you are right.

This is just an objective viewpoint on my part.  I can't imagine what your feeling or going thru right now.  This is something that would boggle my mind as well.  Callaway offers a good suggestion.  Be honest with telling him what your feeling, I'm thinking that he might share the same feelings or confusion that is roiling thru your mind right now.  You can probably help him in more ways than you can imagine right now.

Be patient with yourself, you can't build a bridge in one day.  Yes, I also agree that your little ones in your own family are the priority.  At the risk of sounding like a cliche, "whats done is done", "You can't undo the past", yadda yadda yadda, thats enough for now!  Just don't let the past fuck up the present!

Peace

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3303 on: January 05, 2008, 01:24:27 PM »

Be proud of his strength.
And thankful that he's making the
effort.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3304 on: January 05, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »
Visual migraine, day two...  >:(  I fear I'm going blind.   :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3305 on: January 05, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »

How do you function like this when I get the aura before my migraines my vision is screwed up I can't do anything
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3306 on: January 05, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »
Ouch.

Pulled to hard.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3307 on: January 05, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3308 on: January 05, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »

How do you function like this when I get the aura before my migraines my vision is screwed up I can't do anything

My migraines are usually visual. I don't get the headaches, I get a spot somewhere around my central field of vision, and there the spot stays, sometimes for close to a week. They are triggered by stress, red wine, and other things associated with other forms of migraines.

The aura you get before the more common garden-variety migraine is different form this one and lasts for less than an hour for me. I had no idea my spots were a form of migraine until a neurologist told me. I think someone else on this board has them, too, but the name eludes me at the moment.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3309 on: January 05, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »

My migraines are usually visual. I don't get the headaches, I get a spot somewhere around my central field of vision, and there the spot stays, sometimes for close to a week. They are triggered by stress, red wine, and other things associated with other forms of migraines.

The aura you get before the more common garden-variety migraine is different form this one and lasts for less than an hour for me. I had no idea my spots were a form of migraine until a neurologist told me. I think someone else on this board has them, too, but the name eludes me at the moment.

That's the spots I get sometimes with the head ache after a hour of so sometime just spots for a few hours till I sleep they all suck terribly and I don't know what I'd do if they lasted a week

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3310 on: January 05, 2008, 06:30:27 PM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3311 on: January 06, 2008, 01:05:30 AM »
My thumb still hurts some I think I should have gone to the doctor about it a month ago when I hurt it know it's too late

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3312 on: January 06, 2008, 09:20:52 AM »
Fucking migraine. Today I found out that a better name is "ocular migraine", though. Nice to know what you fear.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3313 on: January 06, 2008, 02:23:57 PM »
I'm a boneheaded dork.

Speaking of calls ...

I know you are right.

This is just an objective viewpoint on my part.  I can't imagine what your feeling or going thru right now.  This is something that would boggle my mind as well.  Callaway offers a good suggestion.  Be honest with telling him what your feeling, I'm thinking that he might share the same feelings or confusion that is roiling thru your mind right now.  You can probably help him in more ways than you can imagine right now.

Be patient with yourself, you can't build a bridge in one day.  Yes, I also agree that your little ones in your own family are the priority.  At the risk of sounding like a cliche, "whats done is done", "You can't undo the past", yadda yadda yadda, thats enough for now!  Just don't let the past fuck up the present!

Peace

This is a genuine truth nugget. I can do more in the present than in the past. Thank you. Simple logic.

I can not even begin to describe to anyone this trauma. I have begun to love and care for young ones at a time when I could fully appreciate the gravity of my every movement. These two kids have made me a better man. This man of my begettings, who I have only met once, has drawn things from me that I have only heard of in story books. He has created feelings in me that I have no previous reference to align with. I am literally beside myself in this relationship. It is possibly more than I can handle. I am doing my best, though, and so is he. We are both "feeling our way" as we go forward.

To Callaway's suggestion ... this was also my instinct. I have always beeen totally honest and we set up a time to talk every other week. We have been doing that since the early summer and a few off schedule times as well. We even set up a second meet=up, but it did not happen, due to other people being involved( his fiance).  A secoind meet=up is going to happen very soon, when he can meet his half sibs, but for now, we are abiding our times and looking forward.

Callaway, yes, I told him that I was feeling that I might butt in to his lifetimes if I called at random. I am still sure that I could have brought him a needed distraction if I had only called. Phoning is not my thing though. I have a terrible time on the ophone. those who know me seem to understand this. He does not yet know me well. He may not understand, since he spends most of his days responding to phone calls at work.He has either learned to deal with it or has not as much of a processing problem from a little tiny speaker positioned well outside of the real world.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Soph

« Reply #3314 on: January 06, 2008, 04:35:50 PM »
My head is killing me
Not literally though  :orly: