Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250016 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #3285 on: January 04, 2008, 08:28:32 AM »
The NHS isn't a big fan of testing for things.  Testing costs money and means more sick people to treat, while not testing costs less and means the sick people just die instead of costing money.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3286 on: January 04, 2008, 09:13:15 AM »
The NHS isn't a big fan of testing for things.  Testing costs money and means more sick people to treat, while not testing costs less and means the sick people just die instead of costing money.

I can see the purity of that thinking, but it sucks that it is your mom who has to suffer from it.

You seem a bit young to lose a parent to apathy from The System.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3287 on: January 04, 2008, 11:19:59 AM »
Fucking visual migraine.  :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3288 on: January 04, 2008, 11:46:01 AM »
Shakes.

And a lot of pain.

It's why socialized medicine gets a bad name.
BUT, here, they test for everything, in order
to avoid getting sued. So, the poor can't
afford insurance.  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3289 on: January 04, 2008, 11:48:20 AM »
Fucking visual migraine.  :grrr:

Not again!

Is it a Bergman visual, by chance?

:angel:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3290 on: January 04, 2008, 11:53:09 AM »
Nah, the Bergman flicks only give me anxiety attacks. :P

I think my migraine happened because I slept around 2 hours last night. I woke up in the middle of the night and started worrying about the vehicle inspection and work. Gave up sleep and made coffee after an hour and a half of worrying.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3291 on: January 04, 2008, 11:57:03 AM »
Nah, the Bergman flicks only give me anxiety attacks. :P

I think my migraine happened because I slept around 2 hours last night. I woke up in the middle of the night and started worrying about the vehicle inspection and work. Gave up sleep and made coffee after an hour and a half of worrying.

Ah! SHIT!

That'll do it every time for me. It is only grace of nature that I have less to worry about these days. I was stressed about my car too though, yesterday. but I threw money at it and it is happy.

I actually got over four hours of sleep last night and then took an hour nap upon awakening. pretty good really.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3292 on: January 04, 2008, 01:26:06 PM »
More reasons for migraine: apparently one of my ISP's mail servers crashed. Obviously it was the one handling my mail. :grrr:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3293 on: January 04, 2008, 01:52:42 PM »

Do you know what the abnormality on her ECG was?

duncvis

« Reply #3294 on: January 04, 2008, 01:54:33 PM »
More reasons for migraine: apparently one of my ISP's mail servers crashed. Obviously it was the one handling my mail. :grrr:

bummer. thats why gmail is my friend. :smash:

my bitch is that i'm piss wet through cos I just walked a mile round trip to the garage for bread and beer in the pouring rain. the hill is a bitch on the way back. *wheeze*

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3295 on: January 04, 2008, 02:09:52 PM »

No.  I just know second-hand that the doctor said there was an indication of a past heart-attack, and that he then went away and looked up a book about it and when he came back said that it was below the threshold for being serious.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3296 on: January 04, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »

No.  I just know second-hand that the doctor said there was an indication of a past heart-attack, and that he then went away and looked up a book about it and when he came back said that it was below the threshold for being serious.

This is a weird coincidence, but this was in my email inbox:

http://master.emedicine.com/email/ecg/ecg44/ecg44answer.html

I thought it might be of some interest to you.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3297 on: January 04, 2008, 04:03:16 PM »
People who don't return business calls when they expect you to :finger:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3298 on: January 05, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
I'm a boneheaded dork.

Speaking of calls ...

My older son, who I only met this year, called me this morning. We talked for almost an hour. He said a lot of things like that he wanted to call me on Christmas and New Year's, but was afraid that he would be interfering or butting in.

We talked about a week before Christmas and I had expressed how my wife and I were keeping Christmas for the young kids and not doing anything for each other.

I have no idea why I did not think of him at that time, during THAT conversation, but I did not. I think of him as a grown up (he's twenty nine, now). I should have at least called him during his stressful time, dealing with his own families' Christmas times, which were quite a mess from his description.

I feel like such a fucking heel. Why didn't I call him?

I tried to explain that he can always call me anytime, because he is part of my family, too, but my actions tell another tale. WTF is wrong with my brain? A simple two minute telephone call could have meant a lot to him. Of course, I thought about him, but "did not want to interfere" with his plans either.

Now I find that I misjudged.

Bonehead, dweeb, moron, socially inept fool am I!

He seemed OK and glad to talk, but timing is important, too and I feel His making the effort instead of me shows his strength and my weakness.

ozymandias

« Reply #3299 on: January 05, 2008, 11:00:06 AM »
I'm a boneheaded dork.

Speaking of calls ...

My older son, who I only met this year, called me this morning. We talked for almost an hour. He said a lot of things like that he wanted to call me on Christmas and New Year's, but was afraid that he would be interfering or butting in.

We talked about a week before Christmas and I had expressed how my wife and I were keeping Christmas for the young kids and not doing anything for each other.

I have no idea why I did not think of him at that time, during THAT conversation, but I did not. I think of him as a grown up (he's twenty nine, now). I should have at least called him during his stressful time, dealing with his own families' Christmas times, which were quite a mess from his description.

I feel like such a fucking heel. Why didn't I call him?

I tried to explain that he can always call me anytime, because he is part of my family, too, but my actions tell another tale. WTF is wrong with my brain? A simple two minute telephone call could have meant a lot to him. Of course, I thought about him, but "did not want to interfere" with his plans either.

Now I find that I misjudged.

Bonehead, dweeb, moron, socially inept fool am I!

He seemed OK and glad to talk, but timing is important, too and I feel His making the effort instead of me shows his strength and my weakness.

Don't be so hard on yourself!  You just learned of his existence and your just starting to establish ties and BUILD a relationship.  He hasn't been a part of your established routines.  I doubt even an NT would have taken this as well as you have.  Your trying, thats what counts, I'm sure he's feeling just as muddled as you.   So stop kicking yourself, it's going to take time and I'm sure he will be glad for the effort and so will you.  Just be honest with yourself and him, and stop apologizing or dwelling on it.  Give yourself a break.