Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250152 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #3270 on: January 03, 2008, 05:00:19 PM »
 :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: :headexplode:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3271 on: January 03, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »

I'm picky about who I work for too which helps

Yep.

Few pleasures measure up to the satisfaction of firing a potentially problem-wrought customer/client.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3272 on: January 03, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »
:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: :headexplode:

Seems like you are changing the subject.

What's wrong?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3273 on: January 03, 2008, 07:40:06 PM »
If you mean changing the subject from parts' and Calandale's conversation, it wasn't intentional - my post was just existing in isolation as a random bitch.

The random bitch was about the same subject as my last couple though (why am I so fricking neurotic, it's badly screwing up my job hunt) so I can see how it would be misunderstood as relating to their posts.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3274 on: January 03, 2008, 08:13:27 PM »
If you mean changing the subject from parts' and Calandale's conversation, it wasn't intentional - my post was just existing in isolation as a random bitch.

The random bitch was about the same subject as my last couple though (why am I so fricking neurotic, it's badly screwing up my job hunt) so I can see how it would be misunderstood as relating to their posts.

Subjects are not like underwear. If they do NOT become dirty, then they need changing!

:D

I know what you're saying though. Fact is, IT is probably more obvious to you than IT is to the person interviewing you.

I have never been to an interview when I did not feel like I could have done so much better if only I wudda, cudda, shudda ...
Part of that is the perfectionism in me (you/us), but part is that I don't often think on my feet as well as I know I can at other times. When that happens at an important time, I feel like I FUCKED UP!

I don't want to pretend to be some kind of smart guy with you, because after two years I finally got an hourly job, but pretending is what helps me more than anything. I play a character who has no such problems, in order to do my best. It's not one hundred percent, but it's a hell of a lot better than me trying to fudge my way along with a stranger. I even have little scripts (more like a series of moves to make, as in a chess match) that I try to use. If nothing else, it keeps me focussed on the here and now and allows me moments to think ahead while still seeming to be OK.
It's just a trick that works sometimes for me, in stressful situations.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3275 on: January 03, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »
:laundry: is better than :anal:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3276 on: January 03, 2008, 09:51:15 PM »
I know what you're saying though. Fact is, IT is probably more obvious to you than IT is to the person interviewing you.

True. I'll know by Monday, anyway.

... pretending is what helps me more than anything. I play a character who has no such problems, in order to do my best. It's not one hundred percent, but it's a hell of a lot better than me trying to fudge my way along with a stranger. I even have little scripts (more like a series of moves to make, as in a chess match) that I try to use. If nothing else, it keeps me focussed on the here and now and allows me moments to think ahead while still seeming to be OK.

It's worked really well for me in the past too, but recently my character has proven herself to be more fucked up in some ways than I am.  :P I think my mental scripts just need some reconfiguring. And I need to figure out how to care about a job without caring so much it leaves me an emotional puddle.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3277 on: January 04, 2008, 06:09:45 AM »
Couple of friends of mine got harassed
tonight. Apparently, I hurt the guy.

Too bad. I don't remember.

Soph

« Reply #3278 on: January 04, 2008, 07:40:56 AM »
Couldn't get to sleep. So I went to get a shower and went downstairs for a bit. I will sleep early tonight now  8)
That's not really a bitch. I couldn't think where else to put it though so nevermind
It could be a bitch because I'm tired

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3279 on: January 04, 2008, 07:55:42 AM »
Mum feinted today and hit her head while she was out somewhere.  She got taken to hospital in an ambulance and there was an abnormality on her ECG.  There's a strong history of heart attacks in the family.  She's ok now; she's tired, but she's back home.

Glad she seems OK, but fainting is not a good sign. Hopefully it comes to nothing serious, but it would be good to know why it happened.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3280 on: January 04, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »
Heartburn  :grrr:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3281 on: January 04, 2008, 08:04:01 AM »
Mum feinted today and hit her head while she was out somewhere.  She got taken to hospital in an ambulance and there was an abnormality on her ECG.  There's a strong history of heart attacks in the family.  She's ok now; she's tired, but she's back home.

Glad she seems OK, but fainting is not a good sign. Hopefully it comes to nothing serious, but it would be good to know why it happened.

They're not going to do any tests on her, so we won't know if it's serious or not unless it happens again.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3282 on: January 04, 2008, 08:14:56 AM »

True. I'll know by Monday, anyway.

... pretending is what helps me more than anything. I play a character who has no such problems, in order to do my best. It's not one hundred percent, but it's a hell of a lot better than me trying to fudge my way along with a stranger. I even have little scripts (more like a series of moves to make, as in a chess match) that I try to use. If nothing else, it keeps me focussed on the here and now and allows me moments to think ahead while still seeming to be OK.

It's worked really well for me in the past too, but recently my character has proven herself to be more fucked up in some ways than I am.  :P I think my mental scripts just need some reconfiguring. And I need to figure out how to care about a job without caring so much it leaves me an emotional puddle.

I don't know how to keep the jiggly puddle solidly gelled. If I care deeply about something, I sometimes get knots and it becomes difficult to breathe normally. That's almost impossible to hide, too.

I am not good enough to remove ME from my characters, completely.

Good luck on Monday!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3283 on: January 04, 2008, 08:15:39 AM »

They're not going to do any tests on her, so we won't know if it's serious or not unless it happens again.

That seems just "wrong."

WTF?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3284 on: January 04, 2008, 08:17:57 AM »

They aren't?  That's very surprising, Peter.