Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249793 times)

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #2280 on: September 29, 2007, 08:46:14 AM »
Hey, the real problem is that Xan has just decided that he loves to play on the PC too and is in the middle of a full-blown aspie obsession about it- they're both reluctant to share it.   :laugh:

I have a similar problem, but without the biting, screaming and scratching so far.  I'm trying to teach my daughter to take turns and to let me finish what I'm working on first before she has her turn.

Same here with the boy.  The annoying part is that I built a computer specifically for him to use.  Unfortunately, he's smart enough to figure out that mine is better than his in several ways (bigger monitor, faster processor, better audio).  So now he's always trying to take mine.  He's actually using it right now and I'm using his.   :lol:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #2281 on: September 29, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »
He's only just got good enough mouse control to use it by himself, so now he'd be happy to spend all day on it if we let him   :laugh:  I was pleasantly surprised the other day though- I looked up and he had typed his own name and he's also using games where he has to count and select the right number, I've been teaching him numbers and letters for a while now, but it was a pleasant surprise seeing just how much he's taken in.

Callaway- we're trying really hard to teach him to take turns, he does pretty good with that, but he does still find it difficult when its something he really, really wants to do.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2282 on: September 29, 2007, 10:05:31 AM »

I hope you did not hurt your head, Spokane Girl. Anything to add to this story? Are you OK?

It must have been an hellacious ordeal for you.

I did the same thing in Calgary, once, but my tantrum was a little less personally violent. No one stepped up to help me, my being a scary guy to start. It was my second day in a strange town and I couldn't even call my friends, because I only had American quarters in my pocket. When I finally got back to the hotel I exchanged ALL my money, down to the last cent, for Canadian. Stupid.

I am glad that some nice people helped you to find your bus pass.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2283 on: September 29, 2007, 10:10:03 AM »
Hey, the real problem is that Xan has just decided that he loves to play on the PC too and is in the middle of a full-blown aspie obsession about it- they're both reluctant to share it.   :laugh:

I have a similar problem, but without the biting, screaming and scratching so far.  I'm trying to teach my daughter to take turns and to let me finish what I'm working on first before she has her turn.

Same here with the boy.  The annoying part is that I built a computer specifically for him to use.  Unfortunately, he's smart enough to figure out that mine is better than his in several ways (bigger monitor, faster processor, better audio).  So now he's always trying to take mine.  He's actually using it right now and I'm using his.   :lol:

Same here, too. I have plenty of boxes, but only this one is on the net. He has become bored with his "games" and educational disks. He has discovered the marvels of the internet, though, and moved from dinosaurs to dragons in his interests. I have buttloads of stuff on dinosaurs, but he wants dragons, now. The net is loaded, but he has to TAKE TURNS!

... a new learning experience  for all of us ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2284 on: September 29, 2007, 10:20:22 AM »
what the FUCK?  I gained four pounds in a DAY????

I remember why I avoid progresso soup, now.  I always gain, even though I logically have no reason to.

Ass or boobs?

Always looking for the positive angle ...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2285 on: September 29, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »
my head hurts. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2286 on: September 29, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »

I hope you did not hurt your head, Spokane Girl. Anything to add to this story? Are you OK?

It must have been an hellacious ordeal for you.

I did the same thing in Calgary, once, but my tantrum was a little less personally violent. No one stepped up to help me, my being a scary guy to start. It was my second day in a strange town and I couldn't even call my friends, because I only had American quarters in my pocket. When I finally got back to the hotel I exchanged ALL my money, down to the last cent, for Canadian. Stupid.

I am glad that some nice people helped you to find your bus pass.

Yeah I'm okay. At least I got some good exercise on the way home.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #2287 on: September 29, 2007, 12:00:03 PM »
I'm so fucking tired.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2288 on: September 29, 2007, 12:15:48 PM »
i'm bored. entertain me, all.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2289 on: September 29, 2007, 02:21:03 PM »
Ah my period cramps and I thought I was constipated. If I would have known that's what I was feeling, I would have boughten a pill for it instead of some enema.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2290 on: September 29, 2007, 04:26:23 PM »
Ah my period cramps and I thought I was constipated. If I would have known that's what I was feeling, I would have boughten a pill for it instead of some enema.
Too much information :happypuke:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2291 on: September 29, 2007, 07:36:29 PM »
Broke another fucking mouthpiece.

Really need to find somewhere I can get
pipes used.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2292 on: September 29, 2007, 08:21:21 PM »
Fifteen year olds when will the drama end :headslap:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2293 on: September 30, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
Broke another fucking mouthpiece.

Really need to find somewhere I can get
pipes used.

... or learn to fix them yourself, like I have done. I have replaced the stems on over a dozen pipes in the past. I try to keep them in my mouth, sometimes, and one unexpected stress hits and I bite right through them. You could also pay to have them repaired by a pipe shop if it's one of your favorites.

ozymandias

« Reply #2294 on: September 30, 2007, 09:20:10 AM »
Fifteen year olds when will the drama end :headslap:

When they graduate and go out into the real world!   :(