Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 252201 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #2205 on: September 25, 2007, 02:26:26 AM »
I wish God had given me the gift of patience. 

I get so impatient with other people and myself, it drives me nuts, yet I don't feel like I have anything inside me sometimes to even know how to begin to have it. 

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2206 on: September 25, 2007, 05:11:40 AM »
^Didn't understand that last sentence but I wish I had patience too, then I wouldn't get depressed so fast while waiting for things.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2207 on: September 25, 2007, 05:31:59 AM »
My back is sore just thinking about the work I have to do today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2208 on: September 25, 2007, 05:37:55 AM »
Have you considered using a sling-shot to take it out yet?  ;)

Yes, immediately. It's the resistance of that impulse that is causing me difficulties.

People can be hugely inconsiderate sometimes- just lately I've been really wishing that we could afford to live in the middle of nowhere- our neighbours are driving me mad at times. Noise at all hours seems to be the main issue now, but we had the security light problem too a while back- luckily it stopped working after a few weeks and she hasn't bothered to get it fixed.

I have known this pleasure in times past and I recommend it highly. I only wish that I was in a position for my kids to experience some solitude on a daily basis. We are stuck in a rapidly growing town, saddled with a mortgage, so it won't happen anytime soon. I would have to get into their college money and my old(er) years' funds to make a change, right now.

I can't bring myself to do that.
I will grow more plants and hide the fucking offensive light for next year. I call it "defensive gardening."

I hate the noise here.  Every fucking time the weather's nice, everyone and their dog decides to mow the lawn/drill holes in something/hammer nails, and then there's the car alarms going off all through the night, and the house alarms, and the constant traffic that shouldn't even be on this road.

Things have changed here a lot, too. This house was built in 1990 and for the first twelve years, none of the doors were ever locked. With the influx of "Citypeople", bringing all their "Citycrap," invading our sleepy little township, the crime rate has increased to "City" proportions, the noise is almost unbearable, the night time light level is ridiculous and there is a constant flow of traffic.

One other thing we have to deal with, this time of year, is that two years ago the county revamped an old unused grain elevator that sits three blocks away from me. It has a concrete foundation about ten feet into the air, with eighty or ninety feet of "tin" cylinder above that. When they started to use it again, the first thing they did was install this new powerful fan to dry the corn out. The fan is almost five feet in diameter and is CHAIN DRIVEN by a TWELVE HORSEPOWER (!) three phase electric motor. I saw them getting it ready for installation, "Uhm, what are you going to do with THAT thing?"

The whole thing makes one hellaceous amount of racket! The noisy chain drives the fan and also a sifting mechanism that keeps the corn agitated while it's in storage. I am very sensitive to low frequencies (infrasonic, trust me. I have instruments and I know what I am sensing after all these years of working with sound and measuring literally EVERY acoustic property of my environment.) and I can feel, in the ground, the sound of the cylinder resonating below hearing ability. The traffic drives me nuts, but this grain thing being revamped and put back into use is a deal-breaker! I really want out of here!

My kids won't even go outside in the fall, because of this grain elevator thing! We have to just jump in the car and go somewhere to enjoy the outdoors, this time of year.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2209 on: September 25, 2007, 05:42:56 AM »
^Didn't understand that last sentence but I wish I had patience too, then I wouldn't get depressed so fast while waiting for things.

Patience is an extremely fine, etheric substance and, without a proper patience collector or "patience sail" of some sort, she is just floating in a sea of irritation with no means of propulsion.

That's what I got out of it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:50:37 AM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2210 on: September 25, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »
I hate being misread. This guy I know keeps thinking I am being bashful and I am hiding something from him and I am not being completly honest with him. He also keeps thinking something is wrong with me or that I am mad when I am not. So irritating. Makes me wonder how often other people misread me but don't say anything.  >:(

This is the funny thing SG, I notice you often do that to me.  It's annoying being misread, isn't it?  You have to remember people don't mean to do it.

And I correct them and they still don't listen because they still keep thinking the same thing. Bah so annoying. It's like they hear what they want to hear and how they want me to feel. I just want to yell "Stop ignoring me." I have done that online before to one person and he stopped assuming he scared me off and started listening to my responses when he ask me why I logged off.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 01:00:40 PM by Spokane Girl »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2211 on: September 25, 2007, 12:52:55 PM »
i'm so tired. :(
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2212 on: September 25, 2007, 01:21:50 PM »
my head hurts. i need caffeine. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2213 on: September 25, 2007, 02:01:26 PM »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2214 on: September 25, 2007, 02:02:40 PM »

no you don't.  you'll never sleep if you drink coffee now.

tell you what, i'll whizz over and do head spells on you, okay?

:witch1:
 :-*

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2215 on: September 25, 2007, 02:07:44 PM »

no you don't.  you'll never sleep if you drink coffee now.

tell you what, i'll whizz over and do head spells on you, okay?

:witch1:
 :-*

deal! i'm drinking tea now, instead.  :-*
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2216 on: September 25, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »
i'll make you a proper brit yet.  :laugh:

;)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2217 on: September 25, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »
i drink Roibos Tea, it has no caffeine. :)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2218 on: September 25, 2007, 04:42:29 PM »
i drink Roibos Tea, it has no caffeine. :)

Is that proper?

I don't know. I do know that I am not a proper brit-ish tea drinker.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2219 on: September 25, 2007, 04:44:46 PM »
i'm so new at this whole tea thing but i actually know what roibos is. ;D

- Albert Einstein