Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250049 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #2115 on: September 18, 2007, 09:51:25 AM »
Still fucking full of cold.  >:( *cough, sneeze, whinge*

*shakes finger*

Water, today, not beer.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2116 on: September 18, 2007, 10:03:04 AM »
I just got back from the most miserable library trip I have experienced. Short story ...

I was walking up the sidewalk looking at a school bus, revving its engine and I heard the screaming of a kid. Of course I thought the worst at first. I was almost up to the door when a teen, screaming his bloody head off, jumps out of the bus window and hoofs it across the parking lot and straight across the street in front of cars. Not injured!

It seems the bus had gotten caught undeneath a low hanging port cover and the driver was trying to dislodge it, when a special needs kid said FUCK IT! and bailed out, out of terror. The safety of the door locks would not allow the care taker to exit the bus door, until the driver put it out of gear, so there was a huge delay in beginning the pursuit of the runaway.

I should have turned around right then, btu I went in, anyway. I know I don't have normal empathy, but every kid was totally freaked out by this and there trip to the library was ruined. Everywhere I went I was bombarded by anxiety and there was not a FUCKING thing I coulld do about ti!

I tried to get away fro them but they had split up into groups and the adults were trying to be nonchalant while these poor kids were going nucking futs.

I did not bail out though, I finnished the misssion. Stress is real.

MOD:
No, not non-nonchalant (corrected). They were trying to be stabilising influences and were as tripped out as the kids were.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:19:45 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2117 on: September 18, 2007, 04:33:24 PM »
are you ok Dawg?

your typing is terrible. :hug:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2118 on: September 18, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »
are you ok Dawg?

your typing is terrible. :hug:

Thanks for the hugs. I can almost always use those.
I'm better, now. Honestly, I wasn't on the verge of tears, but I was stimming like hell and still having someone else's "emotions impressed into me," affecting me right then. I felt so horrible for the kid who jumped out of the bus and ran away from the drama of trying to get the bus dislodged. It was a busload of special needs kids and some fairly low functioning, all of high school age, except for one that looked thirty-ish. They were all freaked out, including the teachers and I got "a lot of it on me,"  if you know what I mean.

I am often affected negatively by strong emotions in others, especially when I can't do anything to help, but sometimes I'm stoical and unmoved. It was just an ugly way to fuck up a fairly nice day, I was having. I hate it when I am so receptive to other people's fears. I would much rather just be the good autie and not respond, but I know that there is always a response - it's just seldom appropriate or ordinate. Mine today was not. Sorry.

I went back and fixed the typos.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:20:15 PM by MarkingDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2119 on: September 18, 2007, 05:49:38 PM »
I hate the fact I am so disorganized at times I just can't seem to get things done >:(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #2120 on: September 19, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »
I hate the fact I am so disorganized at times I just can't seem to get things done >:(

Amen. :tantrum:

My back is playing up. Ow.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2121 on: September 19, 2007, 08:11:39 AM »
My, my, we're a bitchy bunch of buggers, aren't we?

... one hundred and forty two pages, already!

:D

(I wonder how many other smilies have more than one way to code them in?)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:14:29 AM by MarkingDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2122 on: September 19, 2007, 08:21:04 AM »

Amen. :tantrum:

My back is playing up. Ow.

See, now you're fucked.
You can't do your exercise, because you're in pain and you need to lose weight to help your back and you hurt your back trying to lose your weight and it hurts like a mother fucker and you can't do your exercise, so you can't lose your weight, because you can't do your exercise and it just fucking hurts so much, it's fucked .....

BTDTGTTASI.

:grrr:

I hate it when that happens!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2123 on: September 19, 2007, 09:11:17 AM »
I got a book from the library that might be interesting, but the printing is tiny and fuzzy. Piss poor printing from Hampton Roads, Canada. I will have to wear my spectacles, but it might be worth it.

Title:
The Natural Medicine Guide to Autism, by Stephanie Marohn.

Anyone read this?

I have not read it, but it does look interesting.

Here is an excerpt from Chapter 1 on pdf, so you can enlarge the text if you like:

http://www.stephaniemarohn.com/autismch1.pdf

It was published in 2002, Renaeden.

http://www.stephaniemarohn.com/books_autism.html

OK, I gave this book a shot. Obviously, they want to entice us into their research program.

Here's a bit touching on the premise, that one's inability to properly metabolise metals and maintain average metallothionein levels is a major factor in creating autistic symptoms, even in the non-autistic.

I read it all the way through, then skimmed it again, using the internet to fill in the blanks and help me with some of the bio-chemistry and homeopathy.

Any book that makes these earth-shaking claims has got to be at least somewhat full of shit, in my view. The problem is that I can't find others who have done similar research or can even back up many of the postulations put forth, herein.

This man's work, Dr Lawrence Lavine, is referred to, many times. Note his definition of osteopathy, for a quick headache.

This man, Dr. Walsh, head honcho, is also referred, often. Here is the institute where he does his work, if you want to delve more deeply into his efforts.

More on metallothionein. This page and its links were very helpful.

Wiki on metallothionein, for a brief overview, in case you are unfamiliar.

I am taking from this the fact that, once again, autism is a mystery, yet to be solved.
However, some of the recommendations won't hurt a damn thing or cost much money and I plan to give a couple of dietary supplements a try. My intentions are to attempt to increase our zinc intake, by increasing zinc heavy vegetables in our diets, for all three of us, since we all show symptoms of serum copper abundance and zinc deficiency. That, along with an increase of B6 should help to increase the stability of our metallothionein levels, presumably.

I have already tried to clean up, or at least minimize, complex chemical additives from our diets.
He also talks a bit about casein/gluten free diets, which we tried and noticed no differences (That's fucking difficult as hell to do!!). However, his assumption is that the heavy metals in the blood stream complicate the body's use of these common nutrients and removing the metals from the bloodstream first is the key to success with C/G free diets.

That's all the book report I'm writing!

BTW, the reason I keep referring to the book in the second person male, instead of female like the author, is that it is written that way, as if the author is taking dictation and making footnotes. No disrespect to the femininity of the author is intended.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:42:41 PM by MarkingDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2124 on: September 19, 2007, 01:25:28 PM »
i hate my AS today. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2125 on: September 19, 2007, 02:03:32 PM »
i hate my AS today. :(

:hug: x lots.

i don't.   :-*

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2126 on: September 19, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »
I just got back from the most miserable library trip I have experienced. Short story ...

I was walking up the sidewalk looking at a school bus, revving its engine and I heard the screaming of a kid. Of course I thought the worst at first. I was almost up to the door when a teen, screaming his bloody head off, jumps out of the bus window and hoofs it across the parking lot and straight across the street in front of cars. Not injured!

It seems the bus had gotten caught undeneath a low hanging port cover and the driver was trying to dislodge it, when a special needs kid said FUCK IT! and bailed out, out of terror. The safety of the door locks would not allow the care taker to exit the bus door, until the driver put it out of gear, so there was a huge delay in beginning the pursuit of the runaway.

I should have turned around right then, btu I went in, anyway. I know I don't have normal empathy, but every kid was totally freaked out by this and there trip to the library was ruined. Everywhere I went I was bombarded by anxiety and there was not a FUCKING thing I coulld do about ti!

I tried to get away fro them but they had split up into groups and the adults were trying to be nonchalant while these poor kids were going nucking futs.

MOD:
No, not non-nonchalant (corrected). They were trying to be stabilising influences and were as tripped out as the kids were.

They freaked because the bus got stuck?  They're going to be completely fucked if anything actually serious happens.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2127 on: September 19, 2007, 04:41:34 PM »

MOD:

They freaked because the bus got stuck?  They're going to be completely fucked if anything actually serious happens.

Yeah, that goes without saying, Peter. It was a full sized bus, with at least thirty or more kids on it and almost as many care givers. I'm sure it was a lot of stimulation to some of them, just being on the bus with that many other kids. These were not Asperger's kids. They were mostly very needy, and many seemed quite low functioning to outward appearances.

For some, I'm sure it was still a fun "field trip,"  and some others, more cognizant, probably benefited from the minor incident. It was also obvious to me that most of the care givers were about your age and probably involved in volunteer work/study programs with little actual experience working with  these kids.

The lasting impression for me was the sight of the over six feet tall, broomstick shaped boy diving out of the bus window, head first, landing on his hands, rolling upright, spider style, and hoofing it across the parking lot and nearby street, all before anyone could give chase. His body was not well proportioned. He had a very short torso and extremely long, neck, arms and legs and he ran like a drunken person.

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #2128 on: September 19, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »
Welll fuuuuuuck.  My lovely lovely leftover salad that was to be my dinner is frozen solid.  Guess I should have checked the settings on the little tiny fridge, eh?  this probably means the iced tea I was saving to go with my nighttime snack is no good either.   :'(

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2129 on: September 19, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »
Teacicle?

Sorry to hear, but it's fabulous that you have
your own fridge.