Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250352 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #2070 on: September 08, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »
Excellent.  Well, let's get started then, shall we?  :hug:
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

ozymandias

« Reply #2071 on: September 08, 2007, 08:14:42 PM »
PI, oft times needs a good "tongue lashing". :eyebrows:  An excellent exercise, if'n I do say so myself! :eyebrows:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2072 on: September 08, 2007, 08:19:28 PM »
Precisely.  I don't live and breath for my boss, like that suck ass does.

I think I need a hug.... girls, gimme some sugar.  I could probably force out a tear. 

But the longer you are distracted here, the less time you have to get your work done.  ;)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #2073 on: September 08, 2007, 08:21:20 PM »
I'm searching the entire server...  somebody didn't put the file in the right place.  Looks like I'm gonna have to charge flirting with PI and Milla under "Misc. Administration"
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

ozymandias

« Reply #2074 on: September 08, 2007, 08:26:43 PM »
call it "stress relief" and help with focussing on your job!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #2075 on: September 08, 2007, 08:30:41 PM »
I'm searching the entire server...  somebody didn't put the file in the right place.  Looks like I'm gonna have to charge flirting with PI and Milla under "Misc. Administration"

:LMAO:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2076 on: September 09, 2007, 07:46:03 PM »
This apartment is disgusting. It should have been clean when I moved in, but instead someone's long black hair is everywhere on the floor of my room and in the bathroom.  :'(

That's gross!
I had to rent a bad place once, out of money, in a hurry, all that. When I first looked at the place, there was a dead grackle, drowned in the toilet. I had to take it anyway. It turned out that there was a sulfur buiild-up in that section of the city water system. The water was considered safe to drink, but it smelled like rotten eggs coming out of the water heater.

Good luck!

Ewww...and thanks for the good luck wish. I really don't think this is acceptable though as these apartments are owned by my school.

It's not acceptable. The person with the long black hair? They probably charged a cleaning fee, too, but gave the place a half-assed effort. Since it is owned by the school, maybe you can get something done about it or, if you haven't unpacked much yet, maybe they could get you another place, nearby. Personally, I always had a problem with places that already had a lived-in  look, even after scrubbing them from floor to ceiling, myself, with every disinfectant I could find.

I don't mean to put you off even more than you already are, but maybe a call to whatever authority controls housing could help.

Yeah, it does gross me out to think of the amount of people who have lived here before me.  :-\ I think I probably will call someone. I do know that people live in the apartments during the summer, while most of the residence halls are closed, and so have plenty of time to be cleaned. That still doesn't excuse this though.  :-\

Ugh. I talked to one of my roommates today, who also happens to be my RA. She agreed that it doesn't seem like they really cleaned the apartment before we moved in. She told me she had to sweep her room, and it's still kinda dirty. She also told me that she thinks this building is closed during the summer. Why the fuck didn't they clean if they had all that time then?  :grrr:

I tried to scrub the hair off before with clorox wipes, and it was so stuck to the floor that it wasn't coming off...only a little did. I can't fucking believe it. I e-mailed my disabilities counselor for an appointment, since she is the one who gets me a single every semester (this is a single room in an apartment). Hopefully she can get me accomodation elsewhere.

I guess that wasn't a quick bitch. My bad.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2077 on: September 10, 2007, 03:44:06 AM »

Everyone has their own gross out factors, but I think hair left behind is a universal gross out. I'm kind of nutty about hygiene and I would certainly want something done. I just don't believe it should all be on you, though. If they are providing quarters for you, as part of a grant or subsidy or what ever, the place should at least be clean.

I hope the counselor can help you with this, because you shouldn't have to put up with an unsanitary living condition. It all boils down to the fact that someone in charge of getting the rooms ready for the new semester did not do their job well. Your job is to get high marks in class, not deal with last the occupant's filth, yourself.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2078 on: September 10, 2007, 07:44:59 PM »
Oh joy.  We're being moved to a filtered, monitored network connection over the weekend.
you're getting poned.  i guess you cannot browse intensity from work anymore.

Confirmed -- intensity is a blocked site. :(

Also blocked is anything video game related (even vg news sites).  Sports sites (espn, mlb.com, nhl.com, nfl.com), however, are wide open as is ebay.   ???

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2079 on: September 10, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »
How about sports gambling sites?

I've seen someone so addicted
to them, they couldn't stay away
from the computer, in order to watch
important shit they had to keep an eye
on. Pissed me off.

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #2080 on: September 10, 2007, 07:59:31 PM »
Oh joy.  We're being moved to a filtered, monitored network connection over the weekend.

Also blocked is anything video game related (even vg news sites).  Sports sites (espn, mlb.com, nhl.com, nfl.com), however, are wide open as is ebay.   ???

Well now you can't expect the coporate/goverment head honchos to miss out on the football scores or get sniped on thier bid on the latest must have ceramic penis shaped teapot, can you? 

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2081 on: September 10, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »
How about sports gambling sites?

I've seen someone so addicted
to them, they couldn't stay away
from the computer, in order to watch
important shit they had to keep an eye
on. Pissed me off.

I don't actually know of any to check.  But I would be curious to find out.

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2082 on: September 10, 2007, 08:11:55 PM »

Well now you can't expect the coporate/goverment head honchos to miss out on the football scores or get sniped on thier bid on the latest must have ceramic penis shaped teapot, can you? 

That's the :bangbang: part though.  Every time a memo would go out about 'misuse of government resources', ebay was always a specific example.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2083 on: September 11, 2007, 04:12:13 PM »
It is taking awhile to get My colonoscopy scheduled. :grrr:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2084 on: September 11, 2007, 04:45:06 PM »

Be an ass about it if you have to! Git 'er dun!

(I know how it is, Kevv. Scheduling appointments is a weakness of mine.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.