Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249892 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #1860 on: August 24, 2007, 09:18:32 AM »
You've gotta double check your CCK and make sure that it can read your GFVAG.  You may be using the NVL, or the ANL.  Never use the ANL, unless explicitly told to.
Did no one get this, or was it just not funny?
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1861 on: August 24, 2007, 09:20:58 AM »
You've gotta double check your CCK and make sure that it can read your GFVAG.  You may be using the NVL, or the ANL.  Never use the ANL, unless explicitly told to.

I got it.  The sea of acronyms I'm faced with whenever I try to set up a network connection always makes me queasy.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1862 on: August 24, 2007, 09:24:39 AM »

I get it now that it's reposted on a page that isn't surrounded by, as Peter said, "a sea of acronyms."  It is indeed mildly funny.  +
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1863 on: August 24, 2007, 01:42:12 PM »
My boyfriend wasted some of my minutes having to get the house keys to leave the house when I told him we are coming back. Won't take us two hours to get my car.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1864 on: August 24, 2007, 01:45:14 PM »
Oh thank fuckity, I got it to workity.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1865 on: August 24, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »

Congratulations.   It sounds like the UI for the iPAQ is a pain in the ass.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1866 on: August 24, 2007, 02:43:13 PM »
Won't be able to finish B&J because we started the movie too late.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1867 on: August 24, 2007, 03:18:59 PM »

Yeah, the interface is headache-inducing.  I still haven't figured out how to quit programs; they seem to just run in the background when I close them and eat up RAM.  It's got some pretty nice features though; GPS, a phone and wifi are the big ones for me, but there's a camera too, and it does all the usual pocket-pc things like play music and videos, edit documents etc, and the touch-screen keyboard is fairly easy to use.  I ordered a 2GB mini-SD card for it, since it only comes with 50MB of built-in storage.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #1868 on: August 24, 2007, 03:26:42 PM »

Yeah, the interface is headache-inducing.  I still haven't figured out how to quit programs; they seem to just run in the background when I close them and eat up RAM.  It's got some pretty nice features though; GPS, a phone and wifi are the big ones for me, but there's a camera too, and it does all the usual pocket-pc things like play music and videos, edit documents etc, and the touch-screen keyboard is fairly easy to use.  I ordered a 2GB mini-SD card for it, since it only comes with 50MB of built-in storage.

Believe it or not, that's supposed to be a feature.  The theory being that on a mobile device, you don't want to wait through load times.  However, as almost no one likes it, there are lots of 3rd party apps out there that will change the close button back to the expected behavior.  I haven't used my Windows Mobile device in a couple years now though, so I'm afraid I can't point to any in particular anymore.

Outside of that, Start / Settings / System Tab / Memory / Running Programs tab, you'll find a way to stop running programs there.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1869 on: August 24, 2007, 03:48:10 PM »
Is there a way to alt-tab between running programs?  I don't like having to semi-close things, navigate to something else to check it, semi-close that and navigate back again.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #1870 on: August 24, 2007, 04:52:31 PM »
Is there a way to alt-tab between running programs?  I don't like having to semi-close things, navigate to something else to check it, semi-close that and navigate back again.

I had a program that did that and assigned it to one of the hardware buttons.

I just checked my old unit (Dell Axim X5).  The software was from a group of little utilities called PHM PPC Powertools.  Try looking around here:  http://www.phm.lu/products/

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1871 on: August 25, 2007, 12:22:20 AM »
I am sick of driving around this city, I need to find new friends closer to where I live (the old ones have long since moved away).   At least my car gets good gas mileage, still it is annoying.   Just get home and now its time to go to sleep, been drinking and smoking bud all night pretty much.   I just hate how spread out this city is.  Time for me to go to bed.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1872 on: August 25, 2007, 01:07:40 AM »
I am sick of driving around this city, I need to find new friends closer to where I live (the old ones have long since moved away).   At least my car gets good gas mileage, still it is annoying.   Just get home and now its time to go to sleep, been drinking and smoking bud all night pretty much.   I just hate how spread out this city is.  Time for me to go to bed.

You can move to Portland. You won't need your car. We have very good transportation here. Buses run every 15 minutes to half hour. Sometimes an hour on some bus lines and on the weekends. We're a good role model for the rest of the world my boyfriend says other cities are starting to copy us.

Oh we're very closed in, not spread out.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1873 on: August 25, 2007, 05:36:08 AM »
I am sick of allergies. I hate feeling like I have a cold all the time.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1874 on: August 25, 2007, 05:50:40 AM »
Arse-raping motherfucker of a headache again today.