Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249724 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #1755 on: August 17, 2007, 07:22:21 AM »
Quite often, it can take days to get a new print of a film. Longer if it's an old film. The theatre in question should have demanded a new print from the distribution company immediately after screening it for the first time, if the damage wasn't apparent when the projectionist first handled it. Which I doubt--damage to the optical sound track is usually visible.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1756 on: August 17, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »
I spent at least half of last night camped out on my living room floor in order to escape the noise of someone's fourth-floor air conditioner dripping onto my first floor a/c.  Putting a towel on top of my a/c did not muffle it, but did establish that if I want the a/c to not die, I'll need help moving it, as I almost dropped the noisy mofo out my own window.  I also discovered that my fun new swing is OK to doze on but is not condusive to heavy sleep, as I'm used to being able to stretch out.  Luckily, the carpeting on my floor is kinda cushy, so I'm not sore, but still sort of exhausted.

Worse, my dad can't pop up and fix it today or tonight.  I really hope my landlord can.  If not, I may ask a favor of a friend.  I hate to, but I have a very, very nice bed and I damn well want to sleep in it tonight.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1757 on: August 17, 2007, 12:29:43 PM »
I spent at least half of last night camped out on my living room floor in order to escape the noise of someone's fourth-floor air conditioner dripping onto my first floor a/c.  Putting a towel on top of my a/c did not muffle it, but did establish that if I want the a/c to not die, I'll need help moving it, as I almost dropped the noisy mofo out my own window.  I also discovered that my fun new swing is OK to doze on but is not condusive to heavy sleep, as I'm used to being able to stretch out.  Luckily, the carpeting on my floor is kinda cushy, so I'm not sore, but still sort of exhausted.

Worse, my dad can't pop up and fix it today or tonight.  I really hope my landlord can.  If not, I may ask a favor of a friend.  I hate to, but I have a very, very nice bed and I damn well want to sleep in it tonight.
My landlord put some kind of carpeting on the top of my a/c.  I really hope that it works, because then I can keep the a/c in my room, which is where I prefer it if it's not inflicting chinese water torture on me.  If not, one more night on the floor and my dad should be able to move the a/c for me tomorrow.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1758 on: August 17, 2007, 01:45:07 PM »

My landlord put some kind of carpeting on the top of my a/c.  I really hope that it works, because then I can keep the a/c in my room, which is where I prefer it if it's not inflicting chinese water torture on me.  If not, one more night on the floor and my dad should be able to move the a/c for me tomorrow.

The thing for your dad to do is to find out why the fucking thing is dripping on yours. Likely the discharge is plugged up and happens to be above your unit. Adding a short length of tubing to the upper unit, so that the drip falls to the ground instead of on your AC, will solve it. It really doesn't have to be complicated. The manager of your apartment complex should take care of it for you. It is not too much to ask.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1759 on: August 17, 2007, 01:51:18 PM »

The thing for your dad to do is to find out why the fucking thing is dripping on yours. Likely the discharge is plugged up and happens to be above your unit. Adding a short length of tubing to the upper unit, so that the drip falls to the ground instead of on your AC, will solve it. It really doesn't have to be complicated. The manager of your apartment complex should take care of it for you. It is not too much to ask.

Nah, this is likely the best solution.  Its' dripping because its an air conditioner and Massachusetts is hot and humid right now.  If the carpeting muffles it, I'm happy.  I'm not territorial about water hitting an appliance of mine that's stuck halfway out of my window; I'm just one of those silly people who can't function without sleep.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1760 on: August 17, 2007, 01:55:01 PM »
It's not about territorial disputes.
When you mention Chinese Water Torture, I know exactly what you mean. A decent night of sleep should be expected as part of the rent. The noise has GOT to stop! Hope it muffles it enough, but I have my doubts. Once the carpet is saturated, it could become an effective conductor of sound.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1761 on: August 17, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »

It's not about territorial disputes.
When you mention Chinese Water Torture, I know exactly what you mean. A decent night of sleep should be expected as part of the rent. The noise has GOT to stop! Hope it muffles it enough.

The landlord thought it should; he's a light sleeper and had the same problem, and fixed it the same way.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #1762 on: August 17, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »
The way to silence a dripping faucet is to tie a piece of string onto it so that the water follows it down and lands smoothly on the sink...  This may not be possible when the length is probably 9-10 feet.  I've had your situation before though... I fashioned a piece of metal at a 45degree angle so that the water would hit the angle and bounce down and off instead of thudding against the sheet metal.  You can get small sheets of aluminum at hardware stores for a few dollars.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1763 on: August 17, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »
Nooo my B&J DVD skipped during the park scene. I hope it's the PS2, not the disc. It's been acting funny since last night. My system could be starting to wear out.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1764 on: August 17, 2007, 08:25:48 PM »
Nooo my B&J DVD skipped during the park scene. I hope it's the PS2, not the disc. It's been acting funny since last night. My system could be starting to wear out.

Maybe it's sick of playing Benny and Joon?

Do you get excited when the opening music starts to the film when you start to watch it?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1765 on: August 17, 2007, 10:46:43 PM »

Maybe it's sick of playing Benny and Joon?

Do you get excited when the opening music starts to the film when you start to watch it?

:plus: you for that.

No I don't get turned on when I start the movie.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1766 on: August 17, 2007, 10:48:13 PM »
lol. i don't think that was what Eclair meant.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1767 on: August 17, 2007, 11:12:14 PM »

Okay, I guessed wrong. What do you think she meant?

Even my own boyfriend couldn't figure out what she meant either so I was on my own to try and figure it out. I know excited can mean sexually and since we do talk about sex on here, I assumed that's what she meant.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1768 on: August 17, 2007, 11:24:22 PM »

Okay, I guessed wrong. What do you think she meant?

Even my own boyfriend couldn't figure out what she meant either so I was on my own to try and figure it out. I know excited can mean P.I.ually and since we do talk about P.I. on here, I assumed that's what she meant.

Excited can mean emotionally aroused as well, not just sexually aroused.  I think that is what she meant.

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #1769 on: August 18, 2007, 01:09:20 AM »
I hate Lovenox.  I hate the needle, hate the burning feeling and really, really hate the doofuses who keep saying "oh, it gets easier, you get used to it".  No, it doesn't and no I haven't.  It still.  fucking.  hurts.