Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249599 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #1620 on: August 04, 2007, 09:20:45 AM »
:(  :hug:

Thanks hun  :-*  I can see properly again now so that's something I suppose- now if only I could make my head stop feeling like it was in a vice I'd be ok.

I feel for you, PI and everyone else who has to deal with migraines.
Mine are not light related, but any sound or movement creates intolerable pain and vertigo. Sounds enter my mind as some form of ripping velcro noise and with the slightest movement, my brain rips, slowly with the same sound, but it's internal. If I try to translate that to a visual disturbance, it is easy to see why you can't look at my fractal images. (not pouting, still sympathising)

Are there any drugs that help?
Imitrex inhaler seems to help me with the pain, but the vertigo and nausea are not negotiable.

Scratch the Imitrex - that's the one that doesn't work for me. I just checked my empty container. I used Zomig with some result. (I thought they were the same at first.)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:26:28 AM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1621 on: August 04, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »
Thanks dirtdawg, I haven't found a drug that works mainly because the ones I tried were no more effective than the extra-power pain relief you can buy over the counter, had no effect on the nausea and left me with a worse migraine hangover the next day.

Mine are nearly always triggered by light patterns- coming out of bright sunshine into a dim room, the light from a computer screen, even certain types of lampshades will trigger one if I'm susceptible (which is generally caused by hormone changes).

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1622 on: August 04, 2007, 01:36:32 PM »
The part I hate the most is, like you said, "when I'm susceptible" ...

For a day or more, I know it is coming and it is only a matter of the external influences, which I can't always control. I can avoid it for a while, but once a migraine is stalking me, I can not escape.
 :violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1623 on: August 04, 2007, 01:42:35 PM »
For me its generally the middle of my cycle- which is like some cruel joke- horny as hell and too ill to do anything about it sometimes.  ::)

I can usually feel them coming too- the worst thing is that once it happens it keeps coming back for days afterwards. :violin:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1624 on: August 04, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »

I don't think mine have a cycle. They just happen, sometimes, but I have read that diet affects migraine tendencies.
I've been diagnosed with food allergies before, but I reject that diagnosis, because of their lack of ability to discover which foods cause reactions. I spent a month eating only clinic - issued food and snacks (I did not cheat, since I wanted to get to the bottom of it) and, every day, having blood, urine and stool samples taken, along with some stress and respiration tests. It was a nightmare which I will not repeat. I do not believe that I am allergic to my food. They were actually trying to confirm why my tactile sense is unstable and blaming an allergy. Mine just happen, randomly.
 ::)

I hope it's better, soon. It must be really fucked to know that you can half-expect migraines to visit on some predictable cycle.
:yikes:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1625 on: August 04, 2007, 03:07:33 PM »

For a day or more, I know it is coming and it is only a matter of the external influences, which I can't always control. I can avoid it for a while, but once a migraine is stalking me, I can not escape.

Yeah, I always know when a migraine is coming. Sometimes it will take day or two, but it always gets me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1626 on: August 04, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »

Yeah, I always know when a migraine is coming. Sometimes it will take day or two, but it always gets me.

How do we learn to elude this predator? We know it is pacing us. Why can't we win one once in a while.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1627 on: August 04, 2007, 06:20:39 PM »
My mum stopped getting migraines after her menopause.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1628 on: August 04, 2007, 06:23:07 PM »
I guess I should look forward to penopause, then. So far, no luck.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1629 on: August 04, 2007, 06:54:36 PM »

I don't think mine have a cycle.

I meant my menstrual cycle- like I said my susceptibility is hormone related.

Offline rocketturtle

• mysterious mantra
  • Frequent Poster
  • displaced space
« Reply #1630 on: August 04, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »
when i have migraines, i very rarely feel pain from the migraine itself. i get incredibly sensitive to light and sound (where sensing these is painful), nauseous, and very tired. this usually lasts for around 5 hours. then, for up to two days after the migraine has passed i get light and sound distortions (not necessarily sensitivity), disorientation (a sense of "unreality"), and even a loss of my senses of taste and smell. i call that the neurological hangover period.
i like stuff

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1631 on: August 04, 2007, 08:48:38 PM »
i get sensitive to light and sound and of course physical activity hurts. nausealess migraines are much more tolerable. i hate nausea. if i lie in quiet darkness it's more or less painless. the pain itself has mutated into something pleasant even. i rarely get migraines anymore. it's because i'm mostly inside and don't interact with people IRL or expose myself to the outside world much. quitting school and social interactions IRL decreased my migraines by about 95%.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1632 on: August 05, 2007, 01:18:31 AM »
God I think I did a  :asthing: at work. The office clerk told me to bring up three rollaway beds because we only had four left and guests might ask for more so bring them up. But when it is about time to leave work and go home, he asks me why aren't they made and I say I was never told to make them and he said what did he tell me and I said "To bring three up so I did." But he says "You have worked here long enough so you should know. When I told you to bring thrree up, I meant I wanted you to make them. It's using common sense"
I then realized I took it literal so I told him I don't read between the lines easily but he tells me it's common sense to know why he would tell me to bring up three rollaways. He doesn't need to tell me every single thing because I have worked there long enough. He even says he is so busy because its summer time he can't spoon feed us. At least I knew what he meant by that. he even mentioned if guests ask for a rollaway and it isn't made, they will complain to the front desk and they will tell Cyndi (the head of housekeeping) and she will ask him why weren't the beds made and he'd have to explain. Great now, I wonder how much I will last at this job till I get fired and how much more I will fail to read between the lines. That's one of the reasons why I'm on SSI. At least I know now when I'm told to bring up more rollaways, I will know I'm supposed to make them too.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1633 on: August 05, 2007, 02:18:50 AM »
God I think I did a  :asthing: at work. The office clerk told me to bring up three rollaway beds because we only had four left and guests might ask for more so bring them up. But when it is about time to leave work and go home, he asks me why aren't they made and I say I was never told to make them and he said what did he tell me and I said "To bring three up so I did." But he says "You have worked here long enough so you should know. When I told you to bring thrree up, I meant I wanted you to make them. It's using common sense"
I then realized I took it literal so I told him I don't read between the lines easily but he tells me it's common sense to know why he would tell me to bring up three rollaways. He doesn't need to tell me every single thing because I have worked there long enough. He even says he is so busy because its summer time he can't spoon feed us. At least I knew what he meant by that. he even mentioned if guests ask for a rollaway and it isn't made, they will complain to the front desk and they will tell Cyndi (the head of housekeeping) and she will ask him why weren't the beds made and he'd have to explain. Great now, I wonder how much I will last at this job till I get fired and how much more I will fail to read between the lines. That's one of the reasons why I'm on SSI. At least I know now when I'm told to bring up more rollaways, I will know I'm supposed to make them too.

So, was he angry with you?
Did you feel stupid for not realising what he meant?
Do people often tell you that you have no common sense?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1634 on: August 05, 2007, 02:33:25 AM »

So, was he angry with you?
Did you feel stupid for not realising what he meant?
Do people often tell you that you have no common sense?

Probably.
I felt stupid and angry with myself and at him for assuming I think what he meant. I felt like screaming "I have aspegrers so I take things literal" But I didn't. I feel that be an excuse for my misunderstanding him.
Not really. I have gotten that from a few people online and in real life, my ex. About three of my online buddies use the words "Common sense" to my face like about knowing what is acceptable and what isn't and what is rude and what isn't, what is okay and what isn't blah blah blah. They say "it's common sense" when I ask how do people know every single rule in the book about what is okay and what isn't and what is rude and what isn't blah blah blah and they say "It's called common sense. People already know those things," things like that.