Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250330 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #1575 on: July 27, 2007, 05:41:54 AM »
must... hold... back... emoness...
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1576 on: July 29, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »
I hate that stress makes me narcoleptic.

Good night...
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Scrapheap

« Reply #1577 on: July 29, 2007, 07:51:47 PM »
I hate it when you can't log on to NHRA.com right after a race......   :grrr:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1578 on: July 30, 2007, 06:50:48 AM »
Bastard.  I just lost a post I was composing on another forum.  It has some weird script that stops my browser from spell-checking what I write and from saving text if I accidentally navigate away from the page.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1579 on: July 30, 2007, 04:53:59 PM »
They have to update sometime. You would be even more pissed if you logged on and found yesterday's news trumpeted as HOT.

:asthing:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1580 on: July 30, 2007, 04:56:45 PM »

Now, back to it.

I NEED A FUCKING CAMERA!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1581 on: August 02, 2007, 04:51:52 PM »
I'm being fucked over again by the city. I just got my latest bill for sewage.
It costs me fifty two dollars forty seven cents to flush my toilets, wash our hands and brush our teeth!
In an effort to be more green, I have diverted all my gray water to the garden. The only water that enters the city sewage system from my house is shit and the bathroom sinks. They have just raised the cost from forty one dollars to fifty two dollars, which is based one our incoming usage!!

I can not get a variance for my green conscientiousness, even from previous battles. I will have to pay the same as everyone, no matter who I write!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 04:53:31 PM by MarkingDawg »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1582 on: August 02, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »
Its about time they started offering incentives to people who reuse their water like that, although I guess it would be hard to keep a check on.  Its surprising though how little incentive they offer people to be 'greener'- in our area we finally got doorstep recycling collections (only after a volunteer group agreed to do the collections), not only do they only come once every two weeks, the box we've been given for it is tiny.   We still have to take most of our recycling away ourselves.  I really don't think they do enough.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1583 on: August 02, 2007, 05:15:28 PM »
Exactly right.
No matter how hard I try, it does not seem to matter. I can't even get anyone else in the neighborhood to recycle anything but their fucking beer cans. They get money for that, but almost any plastic, glass or metal can be recycled. I already take care of all the paper and bio-matter that we get, myself.

The incentive is there, if you drive near the dump, but people don't see it.

:bigcry:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1584 on: August 02, 2007, 05:20:33 PM »
In the UK we have places in supermarket car parks and the like to drop off cans, glass, plastic and paper, but still people think its too much effort saving it all and taking it down with them when they go shopping.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1585 on: August 02, 2007, 05:24:34 PM »
In the UK we have places in supermarket car parks and the like to drop off cans, glass, plastic and paper, but still people think its too much effort saving it all and taking it down with them when they go shopping.
Whats really funny though is that it probably takes more petrol to drive the plastic bottles down to the bank, compared to the amount you save.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1586 on: August 02, 2007, 05:27:55 PM »
Whats really funny though is that it probably takes more petrol to drive the plastic bottles down to the bank, compared to the amount you save.
Depends on how much you take- we generally take a whole car boot full at a time, and also on whether you were making the journey anyway (we do it when we would be doing our weekly shop anyway).

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1587 on: August 02, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »
Depends on how much you take- we generally take a whole car boot full at a time, and also on whether you were making the journey anyway (we do it when we would be doing our weekly shop anyway).
Oh if you are going to take a trip out anyway then its fine. Its just i see quite a lot of people in very large cars driving to the bottle bank, dropping half a dozen bottles off, and seemingly heading back home again.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1588 on: August 02, 2007, 05:34:22 PM »
They're probably the same ones that drive to their local shop instead of walking for 5 minutes.    :laugh:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1589 on: August 02, 2007, 05:38:31 PM »
They're probably the same ones that drive to their local shop instead of walking for 5 minutes.    :laugh:
Oh yes, and this is an area with one of the highest rates of recycling. There are some right tories here, though, and i suspect you are right about the driving down to shops..