Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 251562 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #990 on: June 08, 2007, 02:29:34 PM »
Be sure to recycle the old one, properly. There are some lethal rare-earths to contain and a bit of copper to salvage. (thought you might enjoy to dwell on the environmental impact for a while.)

A buddy just got one of those wide screen LCD panels for about two hundred bucks. It is really nice. It is more than one and a half times the size of my seventeen inch screen. Do they have Best Buy stores in the UK?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 02:31:12 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #991 on: June 08, 2007, 02:31:30 PM »
police actions where i need to be.
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #992 on: June 08, 2007, 02:49:14 PM »
Be sure to recycle the old one, properly. There are some lethal rare-earths to contain and a bit of copper to salvage. (thought you might enjoy to dwell on the environmental impact for a while.)

there's a place near me which retreads them (or whatever it is), and sends them to a charity helping palestinians and/or local deprived kids, so i'll be giving it to them.

A buddy just got one of those wide screen LCD panels for about two hundred bucks. It is really nice. It is more than one and a half times the size of my seventeen inch screen. Do they have Best Buy stores in the UK?

nah.  i have just started speaking to someone via email who can get me a cheap one, though.  you never know, if he's nice-looking and not psychopathic, i might even get it for a shag.

(JOKE!  well, possibly...  :eyebrows:).

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #993 on: June 08, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »

there's a place near me which retreads them (or whatever it is), and sends them to a charity helping palestinians and/or local deprived kids, so i'll be giving it to them.

nah.  i have just started speaking to someone via email who can get me a cheap one, though.  you never know, if he's nice-looking and not psychopathic, i might even get it for a shag.

(JOKE!  well, possibly...  :eyebrows:).

Always remain, uhm ... open to the possibility. :eyebrows:

(I like the re-tread idea. That is an even better option.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #994 on: June 08, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »
you mean there's a better option tha one which involves a shag?!!!  good gods!

i feel faint.

or do you mean chocolate?

:laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #995 on: June 08, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »
you mean there's a better option tha one which involves a shag?!!!  good gods!

i feel faint.

or do you mean chocolate?

:laugh:

No, no. I think anything involving a shag is the way to go, but then, I am sooo shallow.
Chocolate enfusion, anyone?

I meant that your critical-condition monitor was being disposed of, well.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #996 on: June 08, 2007, 03:44:39 PM »
listen, chickpea, as far as i'm concerned, my "critical-condition monitor" (fnargh, fnargh) is inseparably conjoined with a shag.  :P  although i've never heard it called that before.  should this go in the "stupidest euphemisms for sex" thread?

lol.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #997 on: June 08, 2007, 03:45:23 PM »

You want to monitor the Palestinians? :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #998 on: June 08, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »
well, someone should, poor sods.  and no, i don't mean the ones who go round blowing people up, just the ordinary people who've suffered shite for decades.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #999 on: June 08, 2007, 03:53:28 PM »
Oh, agreed. But I'd rather monitor the people who go round blowing other people up, and maybe stop them.

But most of all, I just wanted to make a pun on monitors.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1000 on: June 08, 2007, 03:54:08 PM »
well, you did.  so now you can die happy.  :P

:-*

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1001 on: June 08, 2007, 04:59:03 PM »
i have an old cronky one for emergencies (which this looks like it's going to be).  but i think i'm going to have to get a new one.  bloody expense (which i can't afford, but will have to), and bloody having to buy things which should last - how the fuck is one supposed to be environmentally friendly when people make stuff that dies within the blink of an eye?  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  bastards.   :grrr:

thanks, darling - you're an absolute peach.   :-*

(mmmmmm. peach juice..., lol).

Get one of the new thin LCD ones. They don't cost much but are superior to most old CRTs.

OR, you could go the route of picking
a used one up. I found that thrift shops
and garage sales often sell them VERY
cheaply.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1002 on: June 08, 2007, 05:19:09 PM »
listen, chickpea, as far as i'm concerned, my "critical-condition monitor" (fnargh, fnargh) is inseparably conjoined with a shag.  :P  although i've never heard it called that before.  should this go in the "stupidest euphemisms for sex" thread?

lol.

Uncalled for!
 :finger:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:20:39 PM by MarkingDawg »

duncvis

« Reply #1003 on: June 08, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
Hope these poxy stitches start dissolving soon. Right pain in the balls they are.  :P

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1004 on: June 08, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »
Hope these poxy stitches start dissolving soon. Right pain in the balls they are.  :P
just tug on em.
Misunderstood.