Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 251581 times)

duncvis

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #690 on: May 12, 2007, 04:47:49 AM »
Please tell me it isn't Windows Me.  :green:

Litigious

« Reply #691 on: May 12, 2007, 04:49:41 AM »
I have a friend who's like that. His specialty is making perfectly good computers stop working.

I was going to upgrade Windows Media Player some month ago. It ended up with my Wi-Fi being uninstalled instead. I had to ask my brother to come and fix it for me.  :-\

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #692 on: May 12, 2007, 04:50:39 AM »
Microsoft is so wonderful.

I'm applying there.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #693 on: May 12, 2007, 05:35:10 AM »
I think my wife has an EMP weapon in her brain. Once she has been on a terror, electronic things she has had contact with begin to limp and certain functions no longer work, properly. I have passed this off as coincidence and imagination for years, but no more. I know, now.

What do you mean by 'a terror'?
Going on a terror is like throwing a fit.
I meant that when she gets mad, stuff breaks, but not from being thrown. It is enough force just being near her to cause havoc. There seems to be a background or undercurrent amplitude of flux that is always present and damages some things due to prolonged exposure also, but I fear the terror of her concentrations of high density Gaussian influence on delicate, hi-tech electronic appliances.

Have you ever hooked her up to an oscilloscope?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #694 on: May 12, 2007, 05:49:04 AM »
I think my wife has an EMP weapon in her brain. Once she has been on a terror, electronic things she has had contact with begin to limp and certain functions no longer work, properly. I have passed this off as coincidence and imagination for years, but no more. I know, now.

I meant that when she gets mad, stuff breaks, but not from being thrown. It is enough force just being near her to cause havoc. There seems to be a background or undercurrent amplitude of flux that is always present and damages some things due to prolonged exposure also, but I fear the terror of her concentrations of high density Gaussian influence on delicate, hi-tech electronic appliances.

Actually I have, but I think the frequency must be too high to measure or maybe it is like gravity and measuring is done by a different method than counting waveforms. I have not stopped one of her terrors to get the probes connected at the time of the most notable disturbances, though. There are actually so many waves that I would not know which ones to look closely at.

If I hook up my VOM I can measure about six hundred meg-ohms resistance between my hands, by pinching the leads, but hers measure less than half a meg-ohm. Normal is somewhere in the one hundred to two hundred meg-ohm range, I believe.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 05:51:08 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #695 on: May 12, 2007, 05:58:27 AM »

Actually I have, but I think the frequency must be too high to measure or maybe it is like gravity and measuring is done by a different method than counting waveforms. I have not stopped one of her terrors to get the probes connected at the time of the most notable disturbances, though. There are actually so many waves that I would not know which ones to look closely at.

If I hook up my VOM I can measure about six hundred meg-ohms resistance between my hands, by pinching the leads, but hers measure less than half a meg-ohm. Normal is somewhere in the one hundred to two hundred meg-ohm range, I believe.

If she uses a hand cream, it could explain the low resistance.  Most of the resistance of the human body is in the skin, and if the resistance of the skin is lowered by a conductive solution, or penetrated by an electrode, the electrolytes in the tissues of the body make quite a good conductor.  Also, women have thinner, moister skin than men, which would decrease the resistance.

Maybe a gaussometer would show something interesting.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #696 on: May 12, 2007, 06:10:14 AM »

If she uses a hand cream, it could explain the low resistance.  Most of the resistance of the human body is in the skin, and if the resistance of the skin is lowered by a conductive solution, or penetrated by an electrode, the electrolytes in the tissues of the body make quite a good conductor.  Also, women have thinner, moister skin than men, which would decrease the resistance.

Of course, but I also have done this quite often with similar results, under a variety of circumstances. She is always ten times more conductive than I am. I believe that a few more "times" difference means nothing, but the fact that she is always more conductive by a factor of ten may be significant, I just don't know why or how.

I would love to have a gaussometer to analyze my stereo listening area. I know I live in a soup of EMI, but if I could get some sense of the polarities at work, I could use gaussian theory to further minimize the effects of stray magnetic fields on my equipment. That would make me cool, see?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:18:24 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #697 on: May 12, 2007, 06:39:02 AM »

Of course, but I also have done this quite often with similar results, under a variety of circumstances. She is always ten times more conductive than I am. I believe that a few more "times" difference means nothing, but the fact that she is always more conductive by a factor of ten may be significant, I just don't know why or how.

I would love to have a gaussometer to analyze my stereo listening area. I know I live in a soup of EMI, but if I could get some sense of the polarities at work, I could use gaussian theory to further minimize the effects of stray magnetic fields on my equipment. That would make me cool, see?

MuMETAL® WIRE

MUMETAL WIRE

Unique Shape for Unique Shielding Applications

Do you have an application requiring Mumetal® in un-insulated wire format? We have it in two different diameters! Stress annealed Mumetal® alloy. Wind it, weave it, braid it. Create toroids, coils, chains or simply experiment with its unique properties! Be the first to create a truly magnetic shielded garment! Spool size varies between 1-2 pounds.
   :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #698 on: May 12, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »

I can't believe the price of that stuff! It seems extremely inexpensive, assuming it works as they claim.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #699 on: May 12, 2007, 06:47:25 AM »

XP. Bad enough.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #700 on: May 12, 2007, 06:54:33 AM »

XP. Bad enough.

Believe it or not I have another box that has a partition running WinME. I have a bunch of old DOS based educational games (the kids love) which do not work on NT based systems. I know they should, but they don't. Infact I have several which will not even install on an XP machine. You get error messages like "Not a valid Win 32 application" ... like, fucking, duh! My son has "graduated" to others, but my daughter still enjoys them and her favorite teaches her math, which she needs help with.

Oh well. I'm almost out of excuses.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:56:49 AM by Calamity Jane »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #701 on: May 12, 2007, 07:13:53 AM »

XP. Bad enough.

Believe it or not I have another box that has a partition running WinME. I have a bunch of old DOS based educational games (the kids love) which do not work on NT based systems. I know they should, but they don't. Infact I have several which will not even install on an XP machine. You get error messages like "Not a valid Win 32 application" ... like, fucking, duh! My son has "graduated" to others, but my daughter still enjoys them and her favorite teaches her math, which she needs help with.

Oh well. I'm almost out of excuses.

But ME sucks at getting old DOS apps to run. I always felt that Win 98 (SE) was better at that task. You could also install Linux and run the old apps from wine, it'd probably work better. :eyebrows:

Here are some tips on how to run old 16-bit games in XP. Looks like it's feasible to get your old stuff to run in XP, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #702 on: May 12, 2007, 07:26:53 AM »
I was quite fond of 98SE. I resisted the switch to XP for ages cos I liked it better... then did my best to make the XP desktop look and behave like 98SE.  :laugh: Me was the pits though. I can't think of one good thing to say about it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #703 on: May 12, 2007, 07:51:51 AM »

I'm not even sure where I got ME. It came with something I bought,  but I put it in, when I retired that machine to the kid's use, because it was "newer" than 98 SE. I really had no problems getting the games to run on either one. The games that I am talking about are extremely simple games. Some of them are less than a couple of megabytes total.

I have read that page, you linked up, and several earlier versions, too. Some of the names "ring a bell", like Doom, Quake and another I liked was Hexen. I am the FPS fan in the house. I could probably install them and do that instead of postwhoring.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #704 on: May 12, 2007, 08:42:57 AM »
ME was a huge mistake, even by Microsoft's standards. That's why it didn't live for long.

- Albert Einstein