Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249970 times)

Litigious

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #525 on: April 30, 2007, 02:52:01 PM »
Maybe I could gargle with some potassium nitrate. The potassium ions protect the teeth from the sour hydrogen ions.  :-\

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #526 on: April 30, 2007, 06:07:28 PM »
Maybe I could gargle with some potassium nitrate. The potassium ions protect the teeth from the sour hydrogen ions.  :-\

Or brush your teeth with toothpaste that has potassium nitrate in it, which is designed for sensitive teeth.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #527 on: April 30, 2007, 08:09:02 PM »

Or brush your teeth with toothpaste that has potassium nitrate in it, which is designed for sensitive teeth.
I have used it for years and it really helps a lot. I don't think it actually helps to restore the enamel, but supposedly, it collects in any pores or perforated areas of the enamel, like around previous dental work, reducing the porosity of your teeth in those areas.

I had a gingevectomy a few years ago (The HORROR! ... the horror ...), so I also have some exposed roots. If I use one tube of toothpaste, without potassium nitrate, I will have hot/cold sensitivity return. among other problems. After our initial conversation, where I pointed out he was giving me toothpaste with compounds used in making "gunpowder in it", my dentist always asks, "Are you brushing with gunpowder?" He's cool.

Tig, don't worry, there's only a mild tendency to reduce your ability to achieve and maintain erections.
:laugh:

Just kidding - you don't swallow enough of the stuff to have that effect.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 08:13:49 PM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #528 on: April 30, 2007, 08:30:02 PM »
Don't you like the pain from hot/cold sensitivity?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #529 on: April 30, 2007, 11:28:56 PM »
Don't you like the pain from hot/cold sensitivity?
No, wrong kind. I have a sense that my teeth are part of my bones. I don't enjoy pain that I can locate in my bones or joints. I like my skin to be the pain field. All my punching bag work is not about pain or exercize. I don't get pleasure from my hitting or from being hit, except in a good fight. I punch the bag to bring some feeling back to me. Even my bones go numb, but the bones of my hands are the first to start to come back with some sensation, after a few good bag sessions.

So, maybe I do like some bone pain, if I can feel it, once again.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:32:01 PM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #530 on: May 01, 2007, 12:47:36 AM »
Hmm...I actually kind of like tooth pain.
Not when it gets to a dull throb, but the
sharp sensations of the hot/cold are definitely
interesting.

Never liked fighting one bit though. But I do
enjoy the rage.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #531 on: May 01, 2007, 12:50:09 AM »
Can't fucking sleep.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #532 on: May 01, 2007, 01:28:04 AM »
I had about a two and a half hour nap, earlier. I'm good to go for a while, yet.

I have given up, as of yesterday, the sleep-at-normal-times thing I was working on. I'm super hyper, right now ...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 01:32:30 AM by Calamity Jane »

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #533 on: May 01, 2007, 01:33:30 AM »
I'm too sleepy to get work done
(had about 4 hours sleep in the
last 30), but I just can't fall asleep.
Probably the need to work is doing
it. Whenever I need to do something,
I always seem to find a way to make it
much more difficult than it has to be.

Probably something to do with my
feelings of entitlement. :(

Litigious

« Reply #534 on: May 01, 2007, 02:40:51 AM »

I have that kind of toothpaste, though pure potassium nitrate would probably help more.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #535 on: May 01, 2007, 09:03:58 PM »

My GODDAMN 'scope quit! It is dead and I can't figure out why! I fear the worst. I've just spent the last fucking hour looking at every possible place for problems, but it's FUCKING DEAD! How the fuck am I going to phase align these horns without a GODDAMN scope?

Scrapheap

« Reply #536 on: May 01, 2007, 09:25:45 PM »

My GODDAMN 'scope quit! It is dead and I can't figure out why! I fear the worst. I've just spent the last fucking hour looking at every possible place for problems, but it's FUCKING DEAD! How the fuck am I going to phase align these horns without a GODDAMN scope?

There's always the ouija board.  :-\

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #537 on: May 01, 2007, 11:53:02 PM »
Damned shrink THOUGHT he set up a meeting
with me. All he did was tell me when he'd be
available.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #538 on: May 02, 2007, 06:32:15 AM »
Damned shrink THOUGHT he set up a meeting
with me. All he did was tell me when he'd be
available.
now he wants to charge you a missed appointment fee?
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #539 on: May 02, 2007, 07:00:41 AM »

Reverse the polarity of the tachyon beam!  It always does something interesting, and sometimes even fixes the problem.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?