Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249794 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #450 on: April 21, 2007, 04:14:39 AM »
 I admire your father's calm. I can't even remember the number of times I have gotten out of similar shit, just because I made them understand that it would cost them to do that to me. It won't be free, this time.

... like the time, in San Antonio when five bad guys wanted to take my photography equipment. I showed the biggest guy in one swat that a camera hanging from a nylon strap makes an excellent mace and the rest left quickly. I broke my lens shade, though.

I would probably have been prosecuted for something, but I was minding my own business when they came up to me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 04:16:35 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #451 on: April 21, 2007, 04:19:35 AM »
I admire your father's calm. I can't even remember the number of times I have gotten out of similar shit, just because I made them understand that it would cost them to do that to me. It won't be free, this time.

... like the time, in San Antonio when five bad guys wanted to take my photography equipment. I showed the biggest guy in one swat that a camera hanging from a nylon strap makes an excellent mace and the rest left quickly. I broke my lens shade, though.

I would probably have been prosecuted for something, but I was minding my own business when they came up to me.

My father had an old time upbringing and was a very tough and athletic guy when he was younger. He was still very strong and self-confident at age 45.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #452 on: April 21, 2007, 04:29:18 AM »
Old time upbringing ... What a concept! Maybe it would make a good thread discussion.

Being slapped for stimming or being hyper, I could have done without, but being forced to figure out my own problems, seems to have helped me a lot. My parents were fucking dinosaurs.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:37:44 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #453 on: April 21, 2007, 04:41:37 AM »
My father had an old time upbringing and was a very tough and athletic guy when he was younger. He was still very strong and self-confident at age 45.

One of my dad's brothers, who spent his life in the sun, working a farm, looked like death coming, barely warm, yet, at about sixty. We were goofing around when I was in my thirties and we "wrestled", while I was at my best condition of my life. I was not able to dominate him, without really trying hard. All he had ever done is work soil and he was damn near my better at my peak of conditioning. I really was kind of a bad ass in my thirties and I could run eight or ten miles several times per week. Can't tell that by looking at me now, because I've been lazy since I got married and I'm typically fat and old as you have seen in my pic. I wonder what he was like in his thirties.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 04:48:02 AM by Litigious »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #454 on: April 21, 2007, 04:45:04 AM »
Quote function is fucked up!

Litigious

« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2007, 04:46:51 AM »
My great grandfather was a giant. He was almost 190 cm (6'6") and tremendously strong even up in his 70s. He never had a day of work in his life. He was kind and gentle like a child, though, and not from senility. He was clear in his head until the day he died almost 85 years old.

Litigious

« Reply #456 on: April 21, 2007, 04:48:49 AM »

Taken care of.  ;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #457 on: April 21, 2007, 04:51:25 AM »

Taken care of.  ;)

Nah, Dunc needs to see this. I think it mainly happens in this section of the forum. Sometimes it doesn't close them all and sometimes it doesn't open them all.
???

duncvis

« Reply #458 on: April 21, 2007, 05:06:09 AM »

Taken care of.  ;)

Nah, Dunc needs to see this. I think it mainly happens in this section of the forum. Sometimes it doesn't close them all and sometimes it doesn't open them all.
???

Test ???

duncvis

« Reply #459 on: April 21, 2007, 05:08:49 AM »
Is it usually the games forum then? I haven't come across the glitch personally. Unfortunately my skills aren't anywhere near l33t enough to guess what is causing it matey. If it is a bug in the script hopefully the next SMF update should fix it.

Litigious

« Reply #460 on: April 21, 2007, 05:21:34 AM »
I've never experienced it. I don't mean to be rude, but I think some people simply make it wrong sometimes, especially if it's a quote inside a quote or they're quoting very fast.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #461 on: April 21, 2007, 05:33:34 AM »

If I was entering all the codes myself, I would be very likely to fuck up, but I was hitting an automated function. The quote button doesn't work the same every time. Like Dunc, said, it's something "within" the software, not something posters are doing. I could be wrong about it being mainly one place, though.

duncvis

« Reply #462 on: April 21, 2007, 05:38:20 AM »
I blame the postwhores. :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #463 on: April 21, 2007, 05:41:57 AM »
 :venere:

Litigious

« Reply #464 on: April 21, 2007, 05:49:42 AM »
 :smarty: