Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250092 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #375 on: April 04, 2007, 02:05:42 PM »

$475 to replace a broken swaybar on an '02 Buick Regal. SHIT!

What's a swaybar, and why does it cost so much?

Actually the term swaybar is a commmon misnomer. It should be called an anti-sway bar. It is a powerful torsion spring which connects to the frame and the suspension members to keep the body from "rolling" when entering a turn. Keeping the center of gravity from shifting is it's main job, adding to handling stablitiy. It is only expensive to replace, because of how much labor is involved with replacing it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #376 on: April 04, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
Yeah, he got knighted sometime ago.  Hey, they knighted the Rolling Stones, so thats Sir Keith Richards to you!

i saw on the news yesterday that keith admitted to mixing cocaine and his fathers ashes and snorting it.
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #377 on: April 04, 2007, 02:55:07 PM »
Honor thy father to the extreme degree! ::)

Litigious

« Reply #378 on: April 04, 2007, 02:57:46 PM »
He's in "good" company. Most European royals and aristocrats are weirdos and drug addicts.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #379 on: April 04, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »

We should invite them, here.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #380 on: April 04, 2007, 08:04:53 PM »
Nah, they have their own little world.  They'd just come in and belittle ours!

Oh wait, I forget who I'm talking to!  Silly me! :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2007, 08:10:27 PM »

$475 to replace a broken swaybar on an '02 Buick Regal. SHIT!

What's a swaybar, and why does it cost so much?

Actually the term swaybar is a commmon misnomer. It should be called an anti-sway bar. It is a powerful torsion spring which connects to the frame and the suspension members to keep the body from "rolling" when entering a turn. Keeping the center of gravity from shifting is it's main job, adding to handling stablitiy. It is only expensive to replace, because of how much labor is involved with replacing it.

You only have to remove 6 bolts to replace it.

They raked you over the coals on the labor.  :tantrum:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #382 on: April 04, 2007, 09:03:18 PM »
Probably a little, but I trust this guy and he had to get the swaybar, new from the dealer, instead of a junkyard. Also replacing the four bushings, but those are only about five bucks each, plus a four wheel alignment. My hands will stay clean.

My next bitch may include the reason it wasn't ready today, after he said it would be. I hope that he didn't find a "reason" for it to break, that needs to be fixed, also. The fact that the salvage guys had none and the dealer had several in stock, leads me to believe that GM, or at least the dealer, knows about a weakness in the design or something.

A few months back, my wife hit a deer. That makes three for her and she is a basketcase, every time it happens. I tried to tie that in to it somehow and get something additional from the insurance, but he did not believe they were connected ... most importantly, neither did the insurance agent. It was kind of stressful.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:14:02 PM by Dosanza Bidges »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #383 on: April 04, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »

A few months back, my wife hit a dear. That makes three for her and she is a basketcase

She ought to control her temper. You have to explain to her that your affairs are, uh ... your affairs.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #384 on: April 04, 2007, 09:16:06 PM »
I constantly do homonym typos. It comes with the territory.

Litigious

« Reply #385 on: April 05, 2007, 02:10:14 AM »
I'm making homonyms sometimes here, but that's because English is just so full of it. I almost never make homonyms in Swedish.

Litigious

« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2007, 02:13:17 AM »
There are a few, though, for instance "gärna"="willingly, gladly" and "hjärna"="brain". Exactly the same pronounciation but totally different meanings.  :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2007, 06:27:41 AM »
A few months back, my wife hit a deer. That makes three for her and she is a basketcase, every time it happens. I tried to tie that in to it somehow and get something additional from the insurance, but he did not believe they were connected ... most importantly, neither did the insurance agent. It was kind of stressful.

maybe you can put a lean (lien)  :laugh: pn the deers home.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2007, 08:33:07 AM »

maybe you can put a lean (lien)  :laugh: pn the deers home.

There's nothing worse that a pour dear.  ::)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2007, 10:15:12 AM »

Hmmmmm .....

Be-ptches, leave me alone.

:laugh: