Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250606 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
WOW!  What are the odds that three of us have daughters who have done the same thing?   :o

Well, all three are aspies. Unfortunately we have a tendency to be clumsy and unintentionally destroy things.

I don't think Odeon's daughter is an Aspie, but Ozymandias' daughter is.  My daughter is autistic, not AS.

Litigious

« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »
WOW!  What are the odds that three of us have daughters who have done the same thing?   :o

Well, all three are aspies. Unfortunately we have a tendency to be clumsy and unintentionally destroy things.

I don't think Odeon's daughter is an Aspie, but Ozymandias' daughter is.  My daughter is autistic, not AS.

Well, auties are clumsy, not just aspies.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2007, 09:55:16 AM »

I as clumsy as a pinball, most of the time, but on my "light days", I can successfully cancel out most distractions in my mind and hyperfocus on my body movements and do some fairly dextrous things, including handwork on small intricate items, like building stereo amps. Fun stuff.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2007, 10:10:26 AM »
I'm often a klutz as well.  I can sew, but I prefer not to get too distracted while I am doing it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2007, 11:20:36 AM »
My daughter will never fit the aspie mold. She was literally almost three when she began to talk, much more than grunting when she used hand signals. Her vocabulary, now, is that of a twelve year old (a little scary with her petite size - people still guess that she is four or five, instead of six) and her reading and math skills are far ahead of her peers. She has more than caught up with and even surpassed all those who talked at "normal" times.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2007, 01:32:14 PM »

My daughter's as NT as they come.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2007, 11:33:55 PM »
My parents married in 1968. They still have a toaster and a mixer they bought back then that work. I wonder if a toaster or mixer I'd buy today would still work in 2046.  ::)

My parents bought a Sylvania TV in 1971 when I was born, they had that TV up untill 1989 when the stock-pile of extra tubes my dad bought ran out.  :-\

The TV I STILL have is a Mitsubishi my sister bought in 1991.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2007, 02:29:35 AM »

My daughter's as NT as they come.

I like this statement.
I have used it, describing my wife, who has no clue about her environment, most of the time, nor does she care. It's not that she hides it well, either - she actually does not care that two women wearing the same perfume went that way a few minutes ago and one of them stopped using Monostat too soon or that if we have to go down that hallway we are following a man who hasn't bathed in so long he is turning into vinegar, but he is also suffering from athletes foot and possibly guilty of several other fungal improprieties, as well and the lights are so loud in that direction, that we will not be able to speak for a while. She gives most of my concerns no reflection when I try to influence our paths, most of he time, but she also seems to know when she needs to listen to me about some of this meaningless stuff. Her compassion for my predilections, apparently, comes in smaller bills, however, now that she knows why  I can be a spaz-case, sometimes. She makes up for it in good time, often enough. She is as NT as can be.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 02:51:46 AM by DirtDawg »

Litigious

« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2007, 04:45:10 AM »
My parents bought a Sylvania TV in 1971 when I was born, they had that TV up untill 1989 when the stock-pile of extra tubes my dad bought ran out.  :-\

The TV I STILL have is a Mitsubishi my sister bought in 1991.

I have a Philips from 2005. It works great, but I don't watch TV that often. I wonder how long it will last, though.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2007, 09:37:54 PM »

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »

I almost used this as avatar one time awhile back on another site. So I will Ha ha ha. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:22:29 PM by kevv729 »
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2007, 04:17:37 PM »
My skin is crawling.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »
I'm really tired, and still not feeling well.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2007, 06:23:46 PM »
Cunt, cunt, cunt, fucking cunt, cunt, cunt!! Why the fuck do they call at eight o'clock at night to tell me they will call me tomorrow.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »
They called to tell me the same thing that the OT had told me, "in private", last week. Totally unnecessary waste of telephoning stress and I don't keep much extra telephone etiquette on hand.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:52:03 PM by DirtDawg »