Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 107713 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #5730 on: May 15, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »
Jarre - Oxygen, Parts 7/13
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #5731 on: May 15, 2009, 02:46:03 PM »
Monsters In Waiting - I Wanna Be Adored

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5732 on: May 15, 2009, 03:35:18 PM »
I've just discovered that free streaming Rhapsody comes with our new cable service, with no limits.

Now I just need to decide how I can best rip them off.
:D

EDIT:

EAC fucking rocks for ripping off streaming music!! LoL!

I just wish the "free" stream was higher def. :grrr:

I will only be able to assess unknown music with this free service. I will not be satisfied to listen at this bitrate for long, even with unknown music.

OK, never mind. It doesn't really work for me because of the one hundred twenty eightish sounding bitrate of the free audio stream, but for many who don't really care as much as I about audio quality (such as those who save their music on their fucking cellphones or some other form of juvenile iShit device) - (or for me to save "Never-Want-To-Hear-Again" music for a party atmosphere that I don't already have on disk - I know - rare!), this would be great. Just let EAC record a wav file of your playlist, then go back and edit the info into tracks.

Fuck-off! I know that makes me sound a bit snobbish, but I have fucking dawg-ears and I can't help having very high standards for music reproduction. Hell, I spent about half my life trying to raise the standards of music reproduction for everyone's benefit and found myself on a deserted island surrounded by an ocean of big-shots trying to convince the general public that pure-shit-to-listen-to was just fine! Obviously, they won and I am still stranded, almost alone.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 04:35:31 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #5733 on: May 15, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
Genesis--Counting Out Time (live, 1975)

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5734 on: May 15, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »
Genesis--Carpet Crawlers

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5735 on: May 15, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »
Genesis--In The Cage (live)

Man, I wished I'd seen them on tour sometime in 1974-5. And smuggled in professional video equipment. Still can't believe there's only amateur footage from those concerts.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5736 on: May 15, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »
Judy Colllins--Both Sides Now

Loved this as a kid, but now tend to prefer Joni Mitchell's original version.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5737 on: May 15, 2009, 10:16:38 PM »
Jefferson Airplane--Have You Seen The Stars Tonight

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5738 on: May 15, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »
Pink Floyd--Breathe

TheoK

« Reply #5739 on: May 16, 2009, 02:56:59 AM »
8)

Blasted

« Reply #5740 on: May 16, 2009, 05:27:01 AM »
Stars - The Night Starts Here

Blasted

« Reply #5741 on: May 17, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »
MGMT - Kids

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5742 on: May 18, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »
RIP IAn:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5743 on: May 18, 2009, 06:44:32 AM »

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5744 on: May 18, 2009, 06:47:57 AM »