Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106716 times)

zaftig

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #3300 on: February 18, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »
Justice vs Simian - Never Be Alone

"Because we. Are. Your friends.  You'll.  Never be alone again"

The nostalgia.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #3301 on: February 18, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »
God Module - Empath

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3302 on: February 18, 2008, 01:28:06 PM »
Eric Johnson, Space Cowboy Dreams

Won't find this one on his netpage, because it is a private label effort (local, Austin), done long before he became famous and even before there was an internet. There were plenty of nets, but we were not allowed to seee them.

Watching this double toothpich work a guitar, bigger than he is, is an amazing sight!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:30:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3303 on: February 18, 2008, 02:09:19 PM »

Won't find this one on his netpage, because it is a private label effort (local, Austin), done long before he became famous and even before there was an internet. There were plenty of nets, but we were not allowed to seee them.

Watching this double toothpich work a guitar, bigger than he is, is an amazing sight!

i luuuuuurve eric johnson.  :pinkbeat:  he should be better known i feel.

what do you think of "ah via musicom", dawg?

zaftig

« Reply #3304 on: February 18, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »
Chubby Checker - The Twist

zaftig

« Reply #3305 on: February 18, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »
Team Dresch :heart:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3306 on: February 18, 2008, 05:53:24 PM »

i luuuuuurve eric johnson.  :pinkbeat:  he should be better known i feel.

what do you think of "ah via musicom", dawg?

I wish he was better known, too. I love it every time he touches a guitar.

Interesting (to me) tidbit about the album you mention ...

My dad knew that I had worked with him on and off for several years (eighties - he was not famous), and I talked about him a lot, but he had never met him. Dad had met many of the people i worked around from his business and constant interest in all things music, but he was the one who really had CONTACTS. One day the luthier who did his technical guitar repair work called him and needed a particular little part for an old Fender and the guy knew my dad was probably his best chance of finding it without having to order it or make something else fit.

I was out of town at the time, but when I returned, Dad wanted to play that CD on his little single speaker Sony player I had given him a couple of years before to keep at his bench. I was not really shocked, but I felt a little weird at first. I asked him where he got that and it turns out that Eric had come with the luthier guy who was working on his (Eric's) guitar and had met my dad. Their conversation turned to me, eventually (I never used my real name in my business, so he had no idea who my dad was at first) and my dad asked for any sample of his music to listen to, since (I) his son talked so highly of him (Eric).

Eric opened his briefcase and gave Dad that CD to listen to and over the next few minutes they talked about Austin and finally put it all together who everyone was.

I still have that CD that he gave my dad. It was his newest effort at the time. I have since bought all of them and I also have many of his studio appearances. It's been over ten years since I've seen him.
Most people do not even know who they are listening to, but Eric has done work for dozens of big name people over the years with little or no recognition.

"i luuuuuurve eric johnson."

Yeah, me too!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

richard

« Reply #3307 on: February 18, 2008, 07:38:01 PM »
im going through my blackmetal phase so im listening to immortal :laugh: :P :)

duncvis

« Reply #3308 on: February 18, 2008, 07:41:34 PM »
Moonspell - Darkness And Hope

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3309 on: February 18, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »
im going through my blackmetal phase so im listening to immortal :laugh: :P :)
I was listening to Roughcut about an hour ago.

Metal, HO!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3310 on: February 18, 2008, 08:19:36 PM »
God Module - Viscera

I may have to throw some of this in, too, though.

duncvis

« Reply #3311 on: February 19, 2008, 04:37:11 AM »
God Module - Viscera

good album. :dance:

Metallica - Master Of Puppets :rock:

Kosmonaut

« Reply #3312 on: February 19, 2008, 05:53:35 AM »
Cannibal Corpse - Vile

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3313 on: February 19, 2008, 06:33:33 AM »
God Module - Viscera

good album. :dance:

Metallica - Master Of Puppets :rock:

Yep.
I think I first heard of it from you (or maybe someone else here.) Almost positive.

I have "One Friend" at work, one of the car guys, who has similar taste in music to mine and we exchange some things, ideas, music recommendations. As thick as the followers of the typical radio GAh GAh are around work, I feel lucky.

Going now with Spys4Darwin, Microfish   .....   a little known mini release from beautiful Chris working with members of Alice in Chains, and Sponge.

duncvis

« Reply #3314 on: February 19, 2008, 07:42:20 AM »
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast :headbang2: