Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106522 times)

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #2520 on: December 09, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
Listening to PJ Harvey's White Chalk.  I think this CD is amazing.
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2521 on: December 10, 2007, 05:17:09 AM »
Swans - Children Of God

duncvis

« Reply #2522 on: December 10, 2007, 07:08:01 AM »
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists. finding myself playing this a lot lately - its not that great but seems to be striking a chord with me at the moment.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2523 on: December 10, 2007, 07:48:11 AM »
DJ Borna. love him. very versatile.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

duncvis

« Reply #2524 on: December 10, 2007, 07:54:11 AM »
VNV Nation - Judgement

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2525 on: December 10, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
now that esnips went pussy i can't get new music anywhere. :(
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2526 on: December 10, 2007, 08:05:54 AM »
New Born - Muse/Oakenfold mix
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2527 on: December 10, 2007, 08:11:24 AM »
Paul Oakenfold - Send Me An Angel
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2528 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:32 AM »
Low - I could live in hope

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2529 on: December 10, 2007, 02:57:19 PM »
I wish he would take all the old tapes and remaster them.

I have not advetised it much, but I am a Beatles fan.

(rememer me starting a dead-end thread about a weak-assed idea for a time capsule and I included the Beatles, but PI wanted vinyl eating bacteria included. ... :D)

I listen to them every week. If I don't choose them, then my daughter does, since she is also a Beatles fan.

:rofl:

Roll over, John and George!

They will, both of them. Paul is enough of a businessman to do it if the time is "right". Remember his dealings with Michael Jackson? ::shudder::
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2530 on: December 10, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists. finding myself playing this a lot lately - its not that great but seems to be striking a chord with me at the moment.

That was one a buddy gave me (We trade music, sometimes, but often he just gives me stuff he's done with.) after they learned a couple of songs off it.

I still play it, too.

Now, I'm playing some early Pink Floyd from when the Crazy Diamond was still an influence.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2531 on: December 10, 2007, 04:30:45 PM »

It is, sort of.

Do you have all the PJ Harvey?

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2532 on: December 10, 2007, 04:34:26 PM »
I wish he would take all the old tapes and remaster them.

I have not advetised it much, but I am a Beatles fan.

(rememer me starting a dead-end thread about a weak-assed idea for a time capsule and I included the Beatles, but PI wanted vinyl eating bacteria included. ... :D)

I listen to them every week. If I don't choose them, then my daughter does, since she is also a Beatles fan.

:rofl:

Roll over, John and George!

They will, both of them. Paul is enough of a businessman to do it if the time is "right". Remember his dealings with Michael Jackson? ::shudder::

He may have missed the right time, goofing with some of his other projects. I think that he may have to MAKE it the right time.

duncvis

« Reply #2533 on: December 10, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »

It is, sort of.

Do you have all the PJ Harvey?

woo. didn't know she had a new album out. I love her stuff.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2534 on: December 10, 2007, 04:53:30 PM »
It was either my first or second day at work, when I noticed it in the "new releases" cart. We do lots of advertising around the latest recorded releases. Obviously, PJH did not get much fanfare, around here.

Now Justin Timberlake got a big welcome! We sold a fucking pallet (!!!) of his (miserable) new CD which came out about a month ago.

I think we have only sold about fifteen of the PJH (Exshellent!) release!!

:LMAO:***

Don't come to Indiana for second hand music, unless there is a college near the pawn shop.

BTW, if it's not clear, I am laughing at the moronic behavior that causes these "idiot bastard's"  (Zappa reference) kids to buy a pallet-full, Thats like six thousand CDs in less than a month (!!!) of mindless drivel, like JTimberlake, and skip over something as incredible as PJ Harvey.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:42:38 AM by DirtDawg »