Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106615 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #1440 on: August 29, 2007, 03:13:40 PM »

I'm pushing the envelope with Beethoven.

I haven't worn my mom oout or had to listen to CUNTry MUSE-ic at all, during her visit. I'm ahead of the game.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1441 on: August 29, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »
How long is your mum staying?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1442 on: August 29, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »

Leaving Friday.

Oops, that doesn't really address the question, does it?

(I love my mom, but we are out of shit to do for now.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1443 on: August 29, 2007, 03:21:42 PM »
that was what I was asking really. There's only so long you can listen to your tamer music without getting the compulsion to rock out. :headbang:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1444 on: August 29, 2007, 03:33:51 PM »
that was what I was asking really. There's only so long you can listen to your tamer music without getting the compulsion to rock out. :headbang:

This is true. The compulsion is approaching some kind of critical mass, already. The outdoor gear is pretty good, but lately, the heavy-bass-enhanced, studio monitor system of my DVD rig has accumulated cobwebs!

I need to shake the floor and bang my head!

duncvis

« Reply #1445 on: August 29, 2007, 07:39:25 PM »
New Order - Movement

Offline bigbabbyblue75

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #1446 on: August 29, 2007, 10:03:13 PM »
Ok I think you want a list of what i listen to on this one so...

for the longest time Ozzy was my favoret and i still like him but i got older and my tast have changed and now Nickelback is and let see umm Pink Floyd,Van Halen,A Perfect Circle,AC/DC,Aerosmith,Bon Jovi,Eagles,Bad Company,Creed,Metallica,Motley Crue to name a fue i like most rock from 60's untell now well not to much 60's but my dad got me in to some of it.

duncvis

« Reply #1447 on: August 30, 2007, 04:34:37 AM »
Killing Miránda - Consummate :headbang: :dance: :headbang:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:49:38 AM by Silent Dunc »

duncvis

« Reply #1448 on: August 30, 2007, 05:10:08 AM »
Heh. There is a bonus track - an amped-up cover of Anaconda, an old Sisters track. gothtastic.  ;D

Kosmonaut

« Reply #1449 on: August 30, 2007, 05:25:26 AM »
spacemen3 -for all the fucked up children...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1450 on: August 30, 2007, 05:36:28 AM »
Ok I think you want a list of what i listen to on this one so...

for the longest time Ozzy was my favoret and i still like him but i got older and my tast have changed and now Nickelback is and let see umm Pink Floyd,Van Halen,A Perfect Circle,AC/DC,Aerosmith,Bon Jovi,Eagles,Bad Company,Creed,Metallica,Motley Crue to name a fue i like most rock from 60's untell now well not to much 60's but my dad got me in to some of it.

I listen to a lot of sixties music (my childhood). Some of my favorites ...

Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Bob Dylan, Jefferson Airplane, Santana, Cream, Beatles, Monkees, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Blue Cheer, Roy Orbison, The Safaris, Bubble Puppy, Malo, Three Dog Night, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Grand Funk Railroad, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Steppenwolf, Ray Charles, Allman Brothers Band, Buddy Guy, Savoy Brown, Canned Heat, Grateful Dead, Trapeze and that's mostly the Trippy Hippy or funk/rock/blues/jazz fusion stuff.

I also listen to quite a bit of Jazz, R&B, Blues, Funk and Soul from the sixties. The blues scenes in New York and Chicago were really HIP in the sixties.

Spinning some Richard Thompson, right now. Miscellaneous playlist.

duncvis

« Reply #1451 on: August 30, 2007, 07:07:17 AM »
spacemen3 -for all the fucked up children...

I like Spacemen 3. I had Playing With Fire but lost it in the Great Windows Crash at the beginning of the year. :smash:

Swans - The Great Annihilator

duncvis

« Reply #1452 on: August 30, 2007, 08:37:23 AM »
Bauhaus - In The Flat Field

The_P

« Reply #1453 on: August 30, 2007, 10:06:06 AM »
Challenge - Final Fantasy X

Geek trippin'. :headbang:

duncvis

« Reply #1454 on: August 30, 2007, 10:15:13 AM »
VNV Nation - Matter and Form