Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 107031 times)

duncvis

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #1290 on: August 07, 2007, 05:41:57 PM »
Its finished, wooyay :woohoo:

http://spudboy.duncsdrivel.biz/yogurttopmix.mp3

and its quite loud.  >:D

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #1291 on: August 07, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
Spermbirds - Kkkrep
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #1292 on: August 07, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »
"the yeasty girls" sounds like a dodgy case of thrush.  :puke:

Actually, The Yeastie Girls were an all girl punk band from the late 80's early '90's  that grew out of the East Bay (California)/Gilman St. scene along with Green Day, Crimpshine, Operation Ivy, Slambodians, and lots of other bands. --The name was a pisstake on The Beastie Boys.

cool.  that explains a lot.  :laugh:

i'm thinking of starting "The Gonorrhea Girls" then.  :LMAO:

Good choice, as there has already been a South Shore Massachusetts band called The Syphloids O0
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

duncvis

« Reply #1293 on: August 07, 2007, 08:19:26 PM »

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #1294 on: August 07, 2007, 09:34:58 PM »
I've been listening to Zeppelin the entire last week (which is a lot, since a lot of my job is driving), because my friend rented their complete studio recordings box set and left it in my car. I can't believe it took me this long to get into Zeppelin. They fucking rock! Houses of the Holy is my favorite.

I'm listening to a band called The North Sea right now.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1295 on: August 08, 2007, 02:05:30 AM »
i prefer physical graffiti (although i haven't heard it for centuries), mainly cos it's got my favourite on it (trampled underfoot).

the album plan and page did with the middle eastern remixes of stuff was great, though - that version of kashmir was top banananana.  "no quarter".

duncvis

« Reply #1296 on: August 08, 2007, 03:32:06 AM »
Listening to the Yogurt Top Mix again. :dance:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1297 on: August 08, 2007, 05:58:37 AM »
I've been listening to Zeppelin the entire last week (which is a lot, since a lot of my job is driving), because my friend rented their complete studio recordings box set and left it in my car. I can't believe it took me this long to get into Zeppelin. They fucking rock! Houses of the Holy is my favorite.

He "rented" the box set? COOL! Who or where rents music?

According to RIAA, ASCAP and a few others all music is rented and even when we buy a disc we must continue to pay for it as long as we listen to it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #1298 on: August 08, 2007, 11:27:23 PM »

According to RIAA, ASCAP and a few others all music is rented and even when we buy a disc we must continue to pay for it as long as we listen to it.

The library. Interesting factoid. It's been probably around a year since I've last PAID for music, between the library and soulseek, that's old hat. Actually now that I think about it every couple of months I've bought some vinyl.
!!Super atomic enema!!

duncvis

« Reply #1299 on: August 09, 2007, 04:33:17 AM »
Das Ich - Anti Christ

duncvis

« Reply #1300 on: August 09, 2007, 07:00:03 AM »
Fusspils 11 - Gib Ihr Einen Namen :dance:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1301 on: August 09, 2007, 07:06:55 AM »

The library. Interesting factoid. It's been probably around a year since I've last PAID for music, between the library and soulseek, that's old hat. Actually now that I think about it every couple of months I've bought some vinyl.

I see.
You had said he "rented" the set and I thought you had to pay a fee to borrow it. We are very lucky to have such an amazing library in our small town. I go every week, but it doesn't cost anything. Ours has over sixty thousand titles on disk, about a third of which are DVDs and that includes a few duplicates. I have found that many of their duplicate CDs are modern re-releases and often I have a chance to compare the original release with the re-mastered disk. Of course I rip the ones I like - Fuck the RIAA/ASCAP nazis.

I immediately backup my rips, of course. The only problem with my current system is that, since I have my two largest HDs in my box it is possible that a virus could fuck up my latest rips, which are not yet backed up "off the machine". I'm almost out of disk space, though. I need to get a couple more huge drives for the future.

Hey, vinyl rules! I visit Goodwill often and sometimes find treasures for a quarter. I have also found a lot of late-issued 78 rpm collections from the fifties with historical significance, too cheap to pass up. Last year I restored an old Garrard turntable and set it up to play 78s, including a special cartridge for the oldies. I buy every German, Swiss, Belgian and Austrian classical collection I find. There is an incredible amount of music in those old grooves!

Do you rip your vinyl to your computer? If so, how?

Right now:

Diggin' the Yogurt Top mix and wanting to hear the rest of it.

:venere:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1302 on: August 09, 2007, 07:14:15 AM »
I'll have to snip the missing bit into a separate file for you when I get chance mate. your ISP are highway robbers.  >:(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1303 on: August 09, 2007, 07:36:03 AM »
I'll have to snip the missing bit into a separate file for you when I get chance mate. your ISP are highway robbers.  >:(

That would be awesome, but don't trouble yourself.

My Internet Service Preventers are indeed scumbags. It's a division of NetZero, aptly named.

I just need to get over to a buddy's house and get him to pop it up in about a minute. He has (I forget the proper designation) a direct satellite link in his back yard, because he works as a network geek and the company pays for his twenty four hour on-call support. His connection speed is the fastest I've ever seen. He doesn't mind me using it, since I help him with hardware shit, sometimes, which he has trouble getting his mind around. He can set-up and maintain a network with buttloads of workstations, but he can't conceive of an interconnect cable working only half-assed.

::)

Seriously, Don't worry about it. I can get it done on my end.
Thanks, though!

duncvis

« Reply #1304 on: August 09, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »
cool, at least you can get hold of it anyway. :)

Velvet Acid Christ - Fun With Knives :bat: