Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106847 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #1245 on: August 03, 2007, 02:12:19 PM »
I'd have just the project for you. I need a good set of screen speakers for my garage.

I would be asking a lot of questions, taking some measurements, suggesting some acoustical treatments for the environment, to make sure I get it right and, before they were all done, you would probably tire of my ...
 :penis:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1246 on: August 03, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »
I doubt I would. I obsess about good sound.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1247 on: August 03, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »

Well, there's obsessing and then there's OBSESSING. I usually OBSESS.

Monk/'trane, all of it.

Taking a short break, but I'll be back a bit later.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1248 on: August 03, 2007, 08:12:34 PM »
God Module - Let's Go Dark  ...new album woohoo :dance:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1249 on: August 03, 2007, 08:37:16 PM »

The boxes were a success!
My joke was kind of a success.

Back to Monk/'trane ...

duncvis

« Reply #1250 on: August 04, 2007, 03:56:48 AM »
An Amarok-picked random mix... so far so good -  Juno Reactor, Consolidated, Project Pitchfork, Tanzwut :rock:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1251 on: August 04, 2007, 05:56:03 AM »
My buddy "loaned" (I have to give this one back) me the new Steely Dan SACD. I am very impressed with the sound. I wish Ludwig had done all the re-masters. I don't really listen to Steely Dan, much, but I have always used their albums to demo equipment, because they are clean and dry. This one reaches new levels of clarity!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1252 on: August 04, 2007, 06:24:11 AM »
psycho hose-beast bitches today.  alanis, now tori...   :evillaugh:  :whip:

duncvis

« Reply #1253 on: August 04, 2007, 06:35:52 AM »
psycho hose-beast bitches today.  alanis, now tori...   :evillaugh:  :whip:

zOMG the DRAMA!!!1

still letting Amarok pick the tunes. Funker Vogt, Pop Will Eat Itself, Aphex Twin, Seabound... :dance:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1254 on: August 04, 2007, 07:59:20 AM »
This intrigues the hell out of me, if that's possible. This was announced last year, but it is in final production and on its way.

(That sleazy bastard is touching her!)

(Robert) Plant, (Alison) Krauss Cover Everly (Brothers), Tom Waits On New Album

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss put their collaborative stamp on an eclectic repertoire of material on "Raising Sand," due Oct. 23 via Rounder. Among the tracks appearing on the T Bone Burnett-produced project are the Everly Brothers' "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)," Tom Waits and Kathleen Brennan's "Trampled Rose" and "Please Read the Letter," first released on the 1998 Plant/Jimmy Page album "Walking Into Clarksdale."

Plant and Krauss first performed together in 2004 at a Leadbelly tribute at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, but it took several years before they found time to team up in the studio with Burnett in Nashville and Los Angeles.

Among the musicians contributing to the project are guitarists Marc Ribot and Norman Blake, multi-instrumentalist Mike Seeger, drummer Jay Bellerose and bassist Dennis Crouch.

As previously reported, "Raising Sand" will be released just ahead of a Led Zeppelin retrospective and a deluxe reissue of the live album and film "The Song Remains the Same."

Here is the track list for "Raising Sand" (with songwriter):

"Rich Woman" (Dorothy LaBostrie/McKinley Millet)
"Killing the Blues" (Rowland Salley)
"Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us" (Sam Phillips)
"Polly Come Home" (Gene Clark)
"Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)" (Phil and Don Everly)
"Through the Morning, Through the Night" (Gene Clark)
"Please Read The Letter" (Robert Plant/Michael Lee/Jimmy Page/Charlie Jones)
"Trampled Rose" (Tom Waits/Kathleen Brennan)
"Fortune Teller" (Naomi Neville)
"Stick With Me Baby" (Mel Tillis)
"Nothin'" (Townes Van Zandt)
"Let Your Loss Be Your Lesson" (Milt Campbell)
"Your Long Journey" (A.D. Watson and Rosa Lee Watson)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1256 on: August 04, 2007, 06:18:02 PM »

I only have a few mixed source God Module, but I'm in that mood, now. I have it wired to the garden and I'm going to float in the kiddie pool for a while.

:fsm:

duncvis

« Reply #1257 on: August 05, 2007, 04:59:50 AM »
Still letting Amarok pick the tunes. PJ Harvey, Hocico, VNV Nation, Meat Beat Manifesto, Spineshank. :rock:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1258 on: August 05, 2007, 05:46:32 AM »

Sounds like a cool feature. Does it go by your listening history or is it truly random?

I'm hitting some old hippy music this morning. Jefferson Airplane, Iron Butterfly, Steppenwolf.

Moving on to Little Feat, "Dixie Chicken" and "Waiting For Columbus"

duncvis

« Reply #1259 on: August 05, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »
I'm assuming its at least semi-random cos its dragging tracks out I've never listened to. Good way to find out what I've missed.  ;D

Now playing: Consolidated featuring the Yeastie Girls - You Suck :dance: