Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 107118 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #1215 on: August 01, 2007, 02:58:19 PM »

fucking nuts. have you seen http://www.downhillbattle.org ?

Oh, yeah.
I used to have this t-shit as an avatar on a music forum, before one of the mods removed it and suspended me.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1216 on: August 01, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
fascist cunts.  :grrr:

:plus: anyway...

duncvis

« Reply #1217 on: August 02, 2007, 11:46:41 AM »
Front Line Assembly - Civilization

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1218 on: August 02, 2007, 12:06:54 PM »
She's Like A Swallow, Jane Siberry
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1219 on: August 02, 2007, 03:55:40 PM »
OMFG with a stick up 'er ass.
I've been banned from a manufacturer's board for trying to keep the peace.

THis half hearted post, which I happened to have in another open tab while I was posting, got me banned in about five minutes. I'm befuddled. I was trying to get two dicks to stop clouding the waters with their piss fight.

Equipment wars?

Come on guys, let's be real.

I am of the opinion that once you have a speaker system, however complicated or simplistic it may be, if it reproduces a satisfactory musical environment for your listening preferences, you should listen to it more and not go too far down the road of stereotyping each other's equipment based on your limited knowledge.

I have heard many dozens of highly musical systems in my travels and not one of them was like another. If your gear is up to your standards, then for the love of music, listen to it. Improve it if you can, but once you can no longer find anything to improve upon, look back to the music. Only the music is real and the gear remains transient.

Back to topic:
DVDs need a fairly forgiving subwoofer system to sound their best (notice, I said, "system"),  but if you don't match them to the rest of your gear you will never be satisfied. If, either the LFE channel or the full range channels over power the other, you have work to do. Preview more equipment. Find something that you like and buy it. Don't come on to a site and pretend that you know more than you do.

The other two guys were banned, too, but I really thought I was one of the good guys, here. Why do I even try to help these ignorant, yuppy punks?

I've been pumping out ZZ Top and Zep all after noon to the passersby. A few times I have really cranked these new boxes up and even added a HF horn, but It's time to mellow out. I going for some Doors.

My buddy will be here soon to pick up these new boxes. I'm gonna knock his dick in the dirt when he gets here!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1220 on: August 02, 2007, 04:25:24 PM »
Damn you got banned for trying to stop arguments?   ::)

Good choice with The doors  :thumbup:  ;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1221 on: August 02, 2007, 04:37:25 PM »
Damn you got banned for trying to stop arguments?   ::)

Good choice with The doors  :thumbup:  ;)

Yeah, that's what I see. We are so misunderstood!

::)

... this is the end ...

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1222 on: August 02, 2007, 04:39:43 PM »
You'd have thought they'd be grateful to you for trying to stop the pissing contest.

Was it one of your favourite boards?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1223 on: August 02, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »
You'd have thought they'd be grateful to you for trying to stop the pissing contest.

Was it one of your favourite boards?

Not really.
It was Polk Audio. I bought their speakers, kind of pricey, a few years ago and they began to wear on me. I found some improvements to make to them and began posting various helpful things to people who were beginners, but it is not my life, so I am cool with it.
I have since designed my own speakers and they are far superior.

Fuck them, completely. They do not deserve my attention.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1224 on: August 02, 2007, 05:10:17 PM »

:clap:  Not if they'd ban you over something like that they don't I agree. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1225 on: August 02, 2007, 05:21:29 PM »

:clap:  Not if they'd ban you over something like that they don't I agree. 

My buddy just showed up, my son is in panic mode, even though I warned him of this visit.

I do care about this guy's cover band.

I'll be back later.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1226 on: August 02, 2007, 05:31:15 PM »
Hope your friend enjoys his new 'toys'.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #1227 on: August 02, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »
OMFG with a stick up 'er ass.
I've been banned from a manufacturer's board for trying to keep the peace.

THis half hearted post, which I happened to have in another open tab while I was posting, got me banned in about five minutes. I'm befuddled. I was trying to get two dicks to stop clouding the waters with their piss fight.

Equipment wars?

Come on guys, let's be real.

I am of the opinion that once you have a speaker system, however complicated or simplistic it may be, if it reproduces a satisfactory musical environment for your listening preferences, you should listen to it more and not go too far down the road of stereotyping each other's equipment based on your limited knowledge.

I have heard many dozens of highly musical systems in my travels and not one of them was like another. If your gear is up to your standards, then for the love of music, listen to it. Improve it if you can, but once you can no longer find anything to improve upon, look back to the music. Only the music is real and the gear remains transient.

Back to topic:
DVDs need a fairly forgiving subwoofer system to sound their best (notice, I said, "system"),  but if you don't match them to the rest of your gear you will never be satisfied. If, either the LFE channel or the full range channels over power the other, you have work to do. Preview more equipment. Find something that you like and buy it. Don't come on to a site and pretend that you know more than you do.

The other two guys were banned, too, but I really thought I was one of the good guys, here. Why do I even try to help these ignorant, yuppy punks?

I've been pumping out ZZ Top and Zep all after noon to the passersby. A few times I have really cranked these new boxes up and even added a HF horn, but It's time to mellow out. I going for some Doors.

My buddy will be here soon to pick up these new boxes. I'm gonna knock his dick in the dirt when he gets here!

The people who banned you from this forum should have their gear confiscated, and be forced to listen to all of their music through unmodded Altec VOtT's , or Yamaha S-3's (IE, the PA cabs used in Wayne's World)  powered by first generation Peavey CS-800's......Forever! >:D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:40:00 PM by ASpHole »
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

duncvis

« Reply #1228 on: August 02, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »
idiot mods.  ::) I'd throw out my Polks in support, but they sound pretty good and I can't afford to replace em. :P

Listening to a bit of Red House Painters, chill out before sleepytime.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1229 on: August 02, 2007, 08:53:59 PM »
Hope your friend enjoys his new 'toys'.

There are no words to describe his face after stumbling three steps back.
 I only put a hundred watts on them and they will go twice as loud as I demo'ed them, sitting on my driveway. He has known me for over five years, but I have never had the chance to build anything for him, except some small top cabinets. He told me what he needed and I showed him how the old pro's do it. He had only seen my garden system and was impressed, but that system uses tens, not eighteens, for bottom end. He spent about seventeen hundred bucks, but he could not even get close to what I built him for twice that at the sound stores.
 :evillaugh: