Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106729 times)

duncvis

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #1140 on: July 21, 2007, 08:00:39 AM »
PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me

duncvis

« Reply #1141 on: July 21, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »
Starting a Joy Division session... Heart And Soul, disc 1  8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1142 on: July 21, 2007, 02:22:42 PM »
none of us IS free!  grrrrrrr.   :grrr:

:laugh: Talk to Solomon Burke. It's his song.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #1143 on: July 22, 2007, 03:51:41 PM »
80's Punk and Hardcore, Oi!, and Ska.

Here's the Playlist:

Motorhead/Girlschool - Emergency
Cocksparrer - Chip On My Shoulder
Vice Squad - Resurrection
Madness - One Step Beyond ( Live)
Maniac Youth - Make Mine Molotov
SS Decontrol - Forced Down Your Throat
BGK - Arms Race
DOA - America The Beautiful
Riistetyt - Kuoleman Laakso
Discharge - Free Speach For The Dumb
Cheetah Chrome Motherfuckers - Life Of Punishment
Asta Kask - Psykopaten
Kraut - All Twisted
The Ramones - Bad Brain
The Freeze - Trouble If You Hide
The Proletariat - Death Of A Hedon
Husker Du - The Biggest Lie
Black Flag - Jealous Again
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

duncvis

« Reply #1144 on: July 23, 2007, 07:04:28 AM »
M83 - Before The Dawn Heals Us. My favourite brain bleach. :GA:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1145 on: July 23, 2007, 07:45:49 AM »
They remind me of Pink Floyd in a lot of the little corners of their music. Get the bong.

:evillaugh:

I'm zipping over some blues, today.

Right now:
Buddy Guy, "As Good As It Gets"  and more to come. "Complete Chess Studio Recordings", next.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1146 on: July 23, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »
They are trying to get used CD shops to operate like pawn shops.

:yikes:

Latest Piracy Havens Sweating the Crackdown: Used CD Shops

In Florida and Utah (with Wisconsin and Rhode Island following suit) you'd think shops dealing in used CDs were cogs in a vast piracy machine given the way state legislators are starting to regulate them. Florida so far is the worst, according to Billboard:

In Florida, the new legislation requires all stores buying second-hand merchandise for resale to apply for a permit, would be required to thumb-print CD sellers and get a copy of their state-issued identity documents, such as a driver's license. Furthermore, stores could only issue store credit—not pay cash—in exchange for traded CDs, and then would be required to hold them for a 30-day period, before re-selling them.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1147 on: July 23, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »
fucking unreal.  ::)

Seabound - Beyond Flatline

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1148 on: July 23, 2007, 03:12:10 PM »

We need a citizen's rights group like the NRA for us CD collectors to fight the RIAA and ASCAP!!!!! With a driver's license I can sell a used gun, but I have to also be fingerprinted to sell a CD. WTF!!

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Offline Hiphop Grandma

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #1149 on: July 23, 2007, 04:21:27 PM »
MBV - Map Ref 41N 93W

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1150 on: July 23, 2007, 05:27:10 PM »

We need a citizen's rights group like the NRA for us CD collectors to fight the RIAA and ASCAP!!!!! With a driver's license I can sell a used gun, but I have to also be fingerprinted to sell a CD. WTF!!

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
It looks like some hairbrained scheme to stop people buying CD's, ripping them and taking them back again. How it works, i dont know, people can download from Torrent anyway. What a pointless exercise.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1151 on: July 23, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »
I agree, it's pointless.

Have you heard of the new CD format? I can't remeber what it's called, right now, (CDVU, maybe?) but Disney and others are releasing loads of CDs in August, in the new enhanced format. I'm sure it means more compression, more pictures and reduced sound quality. I'm not really an audiophile, but I have sensitive ears and I really appreciate good sounding equipment and the highest quality recordings.

The last two "enhanced" CD formats have been total bullshit, only addding an extra, highly compressed low-res video or a few concert jpegs. Who gives a fuck about that. If they want to add something of value, how about something you can hold in your hands and read? Maybe make the cases, disks and inserts more biodegradable or recycleable, as well.
The new format is nothing more than a marketing scheme!

::)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 06:09:17 PM by MarkingDawg »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1152 on: July 23, 2007, 06:10:16 PM »

Have you heard of the new CD format? I can't remeber what it's called, right now, (CDVU, maybe?) but Disney and others are releasing loads of CDs in August, in the new enhanced format. I'm sure it means more compression, more pictures and reduced sound quality. I'm not really an audiophile, but I have sensitive ears and I really appreciate good sounding equipment and the highest quality recordings.

The last two "enhanced" CD formats have been total bullshit, only addding an extra, highly compressed low-res video or a few concert jpegs. Who gives a fuck about that. If they want to add something of value, how about something you can hold in your hands and read? Maybe make the cases, disks and inserts more biodegradable or recycleable, as well.
The new format is nothing more than a marketing scheme!

::)

Oh the new format, i dont see the point really they have SACD anyway in terms of audio. The idea seems to be to add some crap you can add to your computer by the looks of things, probably whatever you can get off the bands website anyway. Basically dont buy it....but you knew that already.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1153 on: July 23, 2007, 06:34:38 PM »

SACD is not bad, but DVDA was much better. The only problem is the industry did not support it, well, because of the expense of manufacture. Additionally, you needed a new machine to play it. I have a Denon multi-format player that works with all the ones that have come out, thus far.

The thing that gets me is that the original CD format works really well with a decent DA converter, usually outboard, but those of us who care already have the gear. I can't understand why all this monkey-motion with the "new formats" when, with a little attention to detail during production, the standard Redbook is great.

:hair:

DCD, box set ...

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1154 on: July 23, 2007, 06:39:12 PM »

SACD is not bad, but DVDA was much better. The only problem is the industry did not support it, well, because of the expense of manufacture. Additionally, you needed a new machine to play it. I have a Denon multi-format player that works with all the ones that have come out, thus far.

The thing that gets me is that the original CD format works really well with a decent DA converter, usually outboard, but those of us who care already have the gear. I can't understand why all this monkey-motion with the "new formats" when, with a little attention to detail during production, the standard Redbook is great.

:hair:

DCD, box set ...
Put it like this, i only have my music in WMA high rate now, so a CD is a bit of a novelty to me now, I only really listen to music while going to places from my collection, the rest of the time I use Pandora. What I dont get is why they just dont use Blu-Ray discs for a new format, then they wouldnt have to change it again for almost forever, 50 gig of audio has almost perfect quality to it, no1 could tell any imperfections in it really.