Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 107126 times)

duncvis

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #1095 on: July 19, 2007, 08:22:52 PM »
Bit of dub - Easy Star All-Stars and Ruts DC vs Zion Train O0

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1096 on: July 19, 2007, 09:12:48 PM »

I decided not to gooogle, because I get boggged down in details and unrelated matches, but sometimes I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

I trust it is music related.
 :police:
 :laugh:

(I'm still on classical gutiar)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1097 on: July 19, 2007, 10:37:24 PM »
You know what I listen too. Don't ask stupid questions!

I hope you know I was kidding, about Fucking Off and all.......
The Beatles played the music I listened to as a kid. I was eight, walking around, constantly, with my four pound transistor radio plastered to my ear, when I first heard "Please, Please Me" for the first time and soon after, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand". It was truly epiphanous and I took years to recover.

I had been listening to Roy Orbison, The Chiffons, Jan and Dean, THE SAFARIS (my favorites), Jay and the Americans, Tommy Roe on the only radio station where I lived that did NOT play country music. The Beatles had to break up before I went on my merry way without them. I was fifteen when they split and had come the whole way with them, drugs and all towards the end. I liked the Beatles for years, but I am burned out on them, right now. My daughter likes them. She is six. We dance to "Yellow Submarine" quite often (... a little difficult when you're a fat old fart like I am).

So, tell me, what is your favorite Beatles album or song or era?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1098 on: July 20, 2007, 03:01:27 AM »

I decided not to gooogle, because I get boggged down in details and unrelated matches, but sometimes I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Yeah mon. Easy Star All-Stars... Ruts DC were The Ruts after the death of their lead singer. Listening to Ruts DC vs Zion Train - Rhythm Collision Remix. O0

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1099 on: July 20, 2007, 04:35:16 AM »
Listening to - silence. My daughter is listening to the Mamma Mia soundtrack (the ABBA musical) so I've gone into hiding.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1100 on: July 20, 2007, 04:38:11 AM »
good plan.  i'd have to perforate my own eardrums.  :puke:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1101 on: July 20, 2007, 06:21:21 AM »
Listening to - silence. My daughter is listening to the Mamma Mia soundtrack (the ABBA musical) so I've gone into hiding.

I thought you liked ABBA or were you just yanking on Tig's chain?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1102 on: July 20, 2007, 06:26:58 AM »
mine, sadly.

MBV - Loveless

cor!

ta to dunc and pseudonym for the heads up.  :heart:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1103 on: July 20, 2007, 06:30:05 AM »

Yeah mon. Easy Star All-Stars... Ruts DC were The Ruts after the death of their lead singer. Listening to Ruts DC vs Zion Train - Rhythm Collision Remix. O0

Intriguing. I have heard of The Ruts, but for some reason I could not get it into context, last night. Never heard much of them, though. I have more exploring to do. Thanks.

Hendrix, now. I play something from him almost every day, but I rarely post it. I'm in a groove today, though.

duncvis

« Reply #1104 on: July 20, 2007, 06:59:32 AM »
Plaid - Double Figure  8)

anyone seen spaghetto lately?

duncvis

« Reply #1105 on: July 20, 2007, 09:57:32 AM »
The Ruts - Grin And Bear It :rock:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1106 on: July 20, 2007, 10:47:38 AM »

I like the old ABBA songs, yes, as performed by the group. The musical, however, is hideous. :puke:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1107 on: July 20, 2007, 11:25:12 AM »

I like the old ABBA songs, yes, as performed by the group. The musical, however, is hideous. :puke:

I have been spared, thus far.
I thought of the ABBA material as extremely girly, back in the old days. I listened (more than most guys) when I had something on the hook.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1108 on: July 20, 2007, 11:27:23 AM »

I like the old ABBA songs, yes, as performed by the group.

and this from someone with beer bottles on his knickers - i rest my case.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1109 on: July 20, 2007, 11:28:51 AM »
Plaid - Double Figure  8)

anyone seen spaghetto lately?

I wonder about spaghetto, too. Not just for this thread, either. He's a sharp fucker and I miss him.