Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106971 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #900 on: July 04, 2007, 12:53:15 PM »
I'm into Anne-Sophie Mutter right now. Violinist, I had a chance to meet briefly at a uni concert last year. I went "because she was German" and I was curious, since I had never heard of her and there was a bunch of hoopla surrounding her visit. Turns out she is a Grammy winning soloist and I bought her new CD, Mozart, The Violin Sonatas,  a little before it's release.

iona brown is better.

I still dig her.

Iona Brown is dead and I will never hear her perform live.  :'(

Re-living a live performance is a powerful spur for me, though. I can say nothing negative about Anne-Sophie or the recording quality of this amazing disk.

GEEK ALERT!!! GEEK ALERT!!! GEEK ALERT!!! GEEK ALERT!!! GEEK ALERT!!! GEEK ALERT!!! GEEK ALERT!!!

*aligns crosshairs with the soft spot above his closest eye, imagines the diagonally placed wound channel, not yet realized*

What are you saying, bumpkin?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #901 on: July 04, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »
i think he means muso alert.  which is great - i'd wear a t-shirt with "Muso" on it, any day.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #902 on: July 04, 2007, 12:56:13 PM »
true.  but you said the dreaded "M" word, and i went into shudder mode.  :laugh:

You have a problem with Mozart?

I don't get it.

can't stand the predictable little shit.  caused my various singing/piano teachers no end of frustration.  :laugh:

My opinion is that the finest of art is within the nuances of a performance.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #903 on: July 04, 2007, 12:58:13 PM »
true.  but you said the dreaded "M" word, and i went into shudder mode.  :laugh:

I don't get it.

can't stand the predictable little shit.  caused my various singing/piano teachers no end of frustration.  :laugh:

My opinion is that the finest of art is within the nuances of a performance.

true.  but not if you're gritting your teeth because of the irritating-ness of the bloody music.  i nearly got thrown out of the Wigmore Hall, when they started playing "eine kleine fucking nachtmusik", and my partner at the time hadn't warned me.  :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #904 on: July 04, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »
i think he means muso alert.  which is great - i'd wear a t-shirt with "Muso" on it, any day.

DONE!!! :smarty:

duncvis

« Reply #905 on: July 04, 2007, 01:54:37 PM »
Tanzwut - Tanzwut

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #906 on: July 04, 2007, 02:09:43 PM »
Doc Wor Mirran - Bennie ( Late 80's early 90's German strangeness)
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

duncvis

« Reply #907 on: July 04, 2007, 04:44:15 PM »
Nitzer Ebb - Body Of Work

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #908 on: July 04, 2007, 05:48:56 PM »

I don't get it.

More of Mozart's mathematically predictable equations, just for you. In fact I plan on playing all the string sonatas and concertos I have.

:smarty:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #909 on: July 05, 2007, 01:11:43 AM »

I don't get it.

More of Mozart's mathematically predictable equations, just for you. In fact I plan on playing all the string sonatas and concertos I have.

excellent!  then you'll wear them out, and i won't have to listen to them anymore.  ker-CHING!

:laugh:

duncvis

« Reply #910 on: July 05, 2007, 05:17:03 AM »
Plaid - Double Figure; Boards of Canada - Geogaddi :stoned:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #911 on: July 05, 2007, 06:44:31 AM »

I don't get it.

excellent!  then you'll wear them out, and i won't have to listen to them anymore.  ker-CHING!

:laugh:

I find them curiously comforting, even after all these years, despite the fucking bombs going off outside, STILL!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #912 on: July 05, 2007, 08:00:13 AM »
I *like* Mozart, so there. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #913 on: July 05, 2007, 08:10:45 AM »
 :clap:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #914 on: July 05, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
I *like* Mozart, so there. :)

good for you.  i couldn't give a toss - i think his music is shit, and am entitled to my own opinion.  just cos everyone seems to think he's some sort of genius, and the general consensus is such, doesn't mean i have to agree.

i don't like being told what to think - i like to make up my own mind.