Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106710 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #675 on: June 11, 2007, 01:54:11 AM »
lol.  you should try hector zazou's "songs from the cold seas".  absolute genius - it's taking traditional songs (world music, that's not that ghastly fucking hi-life twangly guitar from mali) from countries surrounding the - yes, you've guessed it - cold seas.  so, there's scandanavia stuff, inuit, newfoundland, scotland, siberia, japan, etc, etc.  and different artists sing/perform them (zazou is a producer/aranger): siouxsie, bjork, john cale, various people i've never heard of...

one of my favourite albums. in fact, i think i'll put it on right now!

(is there any way i could share it with you?  iTunes, or similar?  if not, i could send it).

duncvis

« Reply #676 on: June 11, 2007, 02:50:56 AM »
lol.  you should try hector zazou's "songs from the cold seas".  absolute genius - it's taking traditional songs (world music, that's not that ghastly fucking hi-life twangly guitar from mali) from countries surrounding the - yes, you've guessed it - cold seas.  so, there's scandanavia stuff, inuit, newfoundland, scotland, siberia, japan, etc, etc.  and different artists sing/perform them (zazou is a producer/aranger): siouxsie, bjork, john cale, various people i've never heard of...

one of my favourite albums. in fact, i think i'll put it on right now!

(is there any way i could share it with you?  iTunes, or similar?  if not, i could send it).

I might be interested... Swap you for a copy of Justin Sullivan 'Navigating By The Stars'? And if you haven't downloaded my Feckin' Water mix do. This weather needs some cold water music. So this morning I'm cranking out Floodland to pick up some shivers.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #677 on: June 11, 2007, 03:34:16 AM »
nay problemo, bruv - i'll burn you a copy and send it forthwith.  might be a bit mellow for you, though.  and gimme justin, yes - never heard of him, but i like your recommendations.  oh, and any NMA, while you're at it, cos frostwire hasn't got much.  burn them as mp3s, cos it's easier, innit.  you want mp3 or audio?

it's quite cool here - cool enough that i'm working inside rather than in the garden, anyway.  huzzah!  off to download (and listen to) feckin' water...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #678 on: June 11, 2007, 03:37:07 AM »
oooooooooh - just noticed - "dominion"!  i saw The Damned when that dozy cow from SOM was playing bass.  she was such a twat.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #679 on: June 11, 2007, 04:01:20 AM »
gimme the track listing for feckinwater RIGHT NOW!!  top bananananana stuff.

duncvis

« Reply #680 on: June 11, 2007, 04:18:43 AM »
gimme the track listing for feckinwater RIGHT NOW!!  top bananananana stuff.

Heh. I will as soon as I remember it.  ;D

Mellow is fine if I'm that side out. The Justin Sullivan solo album is entirely acoustic, will bundle thatv on a disc with a load of assorted NMA stuff fifthwith (forthwith is askling a bit much at the moment :P )

oh, and mp3 is fine by me. cheers :D

edit: Feckin' Water tracklist

Bob Mould - Black Sheets Of Rain
Velvet Acid Christ - Rain For 27 Days
Curve - Hell Above Water
The Sisters of Mercy - Flood II
Fu Manchu - Out To Sea
Covenant - Call The Ships To Port
Justin Sullivan - Ocean Rising
Rotersand - Merging Oceans
M83 - I Guess I'm Floating
PJ Harvey - We Float

:rock:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 04:21:11 AM by Portland Bill »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #681 on: June 11, 2007, 06:32:42 AM »
Take it off- the donnas

duncvis

« Reply #682 on: June 11, 2007, 06:36:13 AM »
KMFDM - Hau Ruck

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #683 on: June 11, 2007, 06:40:28 AM »
Courtney- Nerf herder.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #684 on: June 11, 2007, 07:42:40 AM »
Take it off- the donnas

I am often surprised to find out who likes The Donnas.
 :clap:

I flushed Dead an Dance through the garden, this morning. (Yes, I'm in a very weird mood.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #685 on: June 11, 2007, 07:51:03 AM »
Take it off- the donnas

I am often surprised to find out who likes The Donnas.
 :clap:

I flushed Dead an Dance through the garden, this morning. (Yes, I'm in a very weird mood.)

I love Spend the night (its full of those songs that make me horny), the only other album I've heard of their's was Turn 21 and I wasn't all the that impressed with it. Might have to get hold of some of their other stuff to try though.

duncvis

« Reply #686 on: June 11, 2007, 10:56:30 AM »
Donnas = fuckin music. :bananas:

like The Ramones, but MUCH better looking.  8)

now playing, thanks to ASpHole: Chrome - Blood On The Moon & Eternity. Not bad at all. I can see where the Killing Joke comparison came from. Have you heard any Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, ASpHole? If you like I'll upload some. Similar post-punk vein, if a little bleaker and more Joy Division-y. Cheers! :thumbup:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #687 on: June 11, 2007, 11:05:04 AM »

yessssssss!  fucking brilliant band, possibly my favourite.  but if one has to be ni a weird mood for them (and i suspect you're right), does that make me really weird?  cool!

duncvis

« Reply #688 on: June 11, 2007, 11:42:39 AM »
I have a CD with ALL their albums on it somewhere. In the two years I've had it I think I've listened to two tracks. What mood is likely to work best to have a proper listen?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #689 on: June 11, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »

yessssssss!  fucking brilliant band, possibly my favourite.  but if one has to be ni a weird mood for them (and i suspect you're right), does that make me really weird?  cool!

The weird mood part is in my giving less than a gnatfuck for anyone else, this morning. I live in town and chuffing DCD into the misty quiet of the predawn workday is somewhat anti-social, in most people's view.

I like them quite a bit, too. I already had the impression that you are really  weird. Cool!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:26:12 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.