Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 107094 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
HELP!!! Apatura_Iris put Supertramp in my head and I can't get it out!!! :GA: :wallbutt:

Easy to fix! Take two Joe Satriani albums, before bed, and call me in the morning.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »
HELP!!! Apatura_Iris put Supertramp in my head and I can't get it out!!! :GA: :wallbutt:

Easy to fix! Take two Joe Satriani albums, before bed, and call me in the morning.

I would recommend something a bit stonger to take care of that Supertramp affliction. I suggest you listen to:

1 dose of The Residents Third Reich and Roll listen followed by listening to Can's Tago Mago, and then chasing it all with PiL's Metal Box/Second Edition.

"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2007, 07:46:07 AM »

I would recommend something a bit stonger to take care of that Supertramp affliction. I suggest you listen to:

1 dose of The Residents Third Reich and Roll listen followed by listening to Can's Tago Mago, and then chasing it all with PiL's Metal Box/Second Edition.

Don't you think we should stabilize the patient, before surgery, Dr?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2007, 07:57:05 AM »
A buddy sent me a box of promo copy handouts, which he does from time to time as they clean out or outgrow stuff. In the latest box was a copy of Hoobastank, "Every Man For Himself". There are some interesting sounds here. I like a lot of it. Not a bad "pop band" at all. It's not new, though - it came out last year, but they kept it all this time. I guess someone else liked it, too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2007, 12:49:33 PM »

Ozric Tentacles, "Arborescence"

I'm in the mood for some weird shit.

duncvis

« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »
Weird shit indeed... I love that album. I have almost everything the Ozrics have released, including the six early tape-only releases which were packaged as a limited edition CD box set in '94. Ozrics are the shit.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »
*Turns green, grits teeth*

Yeah, I like them, a lot. I meant, trippy head stuff, not "Shit". I have "Waterfall Cities" and "Floating Seeds", also, but that's all. I would love to have a complete collection.

I just googled and found their site. I had no idea they were so prolific. I have work to do if I want to complete this band.

Nice graphic:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:46:46 PM by DirtDawg »

duncvis

« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2007, 04:17:40 PM »
Yeah, they've been at it for twenty five years. I'd say you have some work to do, cos its nearly all good.  :eyebrows:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2007, 06:28:54 PM »

My miserable little, anemic, quarterly dividend checks go too fast anyway, so, what the hell! If I don't buy music, I'll probably spend the money on something worthless, like bills. Sheesh!

Right now, Ray Charles, "Rhythym and Blues, 1954 - 1966"

duncvis

« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2007, 08:41:02 PM »
Heading towards sleep with Assemblage 23 - Failure. Misery has never sounded so cheerful.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2007, 09:58:25 PM »
Got about one hundred and forty five BB King songs on this drive, set for random, no repeat.
... and it's nap time, soon. The little tubes sound good.

duncvis

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2007, 09:11:55 AM »
Still in an A23 mood - being cheerfully uncoordinated to Defiance until its time to go get the kids.  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2007, 12:13:58 PM »

Ray Charles, "Birth Of Soul"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »

SRV, the works.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2007, 06:38:01 PM »
I always thought that SRV was way over rated. For real blues check out a guy named Junior Kimbrough. Really good stuff, especially the live version of "All Night Long".

I'm currently listening to the studio Version of the same song....it's almost as god as the live version.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"