Author Topic: I have returned from long ago  (Read 486 times)

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
I have returned from long ago
« on: October 03, 2023, 03:28:35 AM »
*the ancient wolf arises from the depths into which he once sank, having become...

...a female fox???*

hello everyone.  it's been many years since I've been back here.  if you remember me and you're wondering what changed... well, a lot can change in so many years lol.  But what specifically, ahh, hmm.  Well, I've always thought about the places I've left behind, tbh.  But recently I got interested in reading reddit stories, or hearing them read aloud by a host and hearing their reactions and their guests.  lol.  i finally joined reddit myself a few days ago and it struck me how much of what i missed about the old internet I grew up with was still on there.  And then I started thinking about the parts of the old internet i was actually on... heh, i know many of the older users on those sites would have laughed to hear me call that the old internet.  Well, I'm 35 now so I'm allowed to call it that.  haha. 

I have also been corresponding with an old friend i knew once from knoxville.  I now live in Detroit, but they moved to Boston before i left my old town and for various reasons related to my own spicy neurology we lost contact.  But now we chat over email again.  It's amazing how it lights up my day to see another reply from her in my old email address.  And when i say old friend, I mean really old.  She must be eighty or ninety years old by now!  i hadn't thought she'd still be alive before i logged into an email address I abandoned years ago.  And there was something she forwarded to a bunch of people, including me!  She was really still alive after all this time. 

Also, uhhh.  Heh.  It turns out i have borderline personality disorder, so that would explain the trail of changed names and abandoned communities trailing along behind me.  I've come a long way and I have a much better idea of who i am than I used to.  I've also had time to heal from traumas that were very recent when I was on here last as well as others that were much deeper in the past.  Perhaps even a few that happened after i left. 

So, here i am again.  i am desperate to know if any of my old friends are still around.  Are they here?  Or does anyone know where they are?  One friend I checked doesn't seem to have posted since 2019.  Perhaps I am 4 years too late for him.  Or perhaps we will cross paths again some time.  Who can say

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: I have returned from long ago
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 04:31:18 AM »
Welcome back.  :santa: I don't know which friend you're looking for but it might be worth the effort to send them a message on this forum. Sometimes people have their account settings checked to receive emails, so it's possible they might receive a notification if they get a PM here.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 09:07:09 AM »
Welcome back.

"The old internet"...

Yep, so much has changed. I was drawn into the rabbit hole that is reddit a year or so ago too...love it.  :lol1:

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 05:42:28 PM »
Welcome back.  :santa: I don't know which friend you're looking for but it might be worth the effort to send them a message on this forum. Sometimes people have their account settings checked to receive emails, so it's possible they might receive a notification if they get a PM here.  :dunno:

I did message him.  but he's not the only friend i miss.  There's a few whose usernames are obscure to me but i remember how they posted.  Memory is a funny thing.  Perhaps I'll stumble across an old or new post and remember.  or maybe the ones I remember can help remind me.  We'll see.  For now i'm just happy to be getting back into forumming.  One or two I've seen recent-ish posts from, but haven't reached out yet.  Still kind of drafting my comments there.  Old habits. 

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 05:45:09 PM »
Welcome back.

"The old internet"...

Yep, so much has changed. I was drawn into the rabbit hole that is reddit a year or so ago too...love it.  :lol1:

As Charlotte Dobre says in one of her videos, "I love the drama, I love that it's not happening to me"

But also just the fact that it's based on user names and we all kind of agree that this is probably not what we're called in real life and it's fine.  I have a loooooong and troubled history with names lol.  I did finally pick one several years ago that I've mostly stuck with, but even that one is temporary and it's only a first-name type of name (without being a first name in English... lol)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2023, 07:01:39 PM »

I did message him.  but he's not the only friend i miss.  There's a few whose usernames are obscure to me but i remember how they posted.  Memory is a funny thing.  Perhaps I'll stumble across an old or new post and remember.  or maybe the ones I remember can help remind me.  We'll see.  For now i'm just happy to be getting back into forumming.  One or two I've seen recent-ish posts from, but haven't reached out yet.  Still kind of drafting my comments there.  Old habits.

You might be able to look at your old posts in your profile to get an idea of people you interacted with, by looking at who is quoted. Unfortunately there aren't a ton of people who frequently post here anymore.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2023, 07:23:34 PM »

You might be able to look at your old posts in your profile to get an idea of people you interacted with, by looking at who is quoted. Unfortunately there aren't a ton of people who frequently post here anymore.  :dunno:

unfortunately it was mostly on two or three other forums which had shared memberships with this one.  the others as far as I know don't really exist any more, so i can't check the old posts. 

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 03:41:13 AM »
Hello!

I remember your avatar of Simba being flung off a cliff. It was a funny one. I don't know if you'll remember me, we didn't interact much. That was when there were a lot more people here.

So what do you do with your days?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2023, 12:09:33 PM »
Hello!

I remember your avatar of Simba being flung off a cliff. It was a funny one. I don't know if you'll remember me, we didn't interact much. That was when there were a lot more people here.

So what do you do with your days?

mostly either sit around, play pokemon go, drive deliveries.  although I've been cooking a lot the last few days.  Also downloaded a mod for Might and Magic 7 that I haven't tried; it's built on top of another mod that i have tried, and which was the one I was actually trying to install.  but this one seems interesting, so I'm not mad. 

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 02:17:49 PM »
Howdy  :asthing:

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2023, 03:04:56 PM »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2023, 05:39:37 PM »
You both have similar yet different avatars.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2023, 03:21:15 PM »
 maybe I should make a signature gif  :LOL:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2023, 08:25:55 PM »
I block signatures as huge pictures and gifs at the bottom of posts drive me up the wall. But I can see them if I look at profiles.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2023, 03:49:06 AM »
Fair enough.  They definitely draw the eye, so the avatars are harder to compare.  But I can see what you mean