Educational

Author Topic: Portland has turned into a shithole  (Read 192 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Portland has turned into a shithole
« on: October 16, 2022, 07:01:52 PM »
We lost 12,000 in population and how can I blame them for moving? There is graffiti everywhere as you get towards downtown, the downtown is dead now, and there are homeless sites everywhere and it's such an eyesore and they start fires. Plus the greedy landlords keep raising the rent and people can't afford it so they move away but yet they still want to raise rent when we are becoming a shithole already because the city allows the homeless to camp on sidewalks. And they are still building ugly apartments and condos and people sell their land because they raised property tax so people are forced to sell off part of their yard and they build in more tiny homes to fit in more people. 

Even the Walgreens close to my home plays classical music all around the clock and I wish Portland did what LA does; keep homeless in one area. I wish we just give them vacant lots to stay in and use vacant buildings as the homeless shelter and provide them porta potties and dumpsters for their garbage and open more drug rehabs. Then this will solve the homeless in the streets.

It doesn't rain here everyday folks, we have homeless everywhere and they will live right outside your home across the street. I have some that only live right around the block from us. And I have been seeing homeless sites popping up here and there since 2013 but it's gotten worse since Covid, now I see them all the time. 

I would move too but that isn't an option for us.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: Portland has turned into a shithole
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 08:02:33 PM »
It’s steadily improving. It has a temporary problem that it is addressing. It is not a per se shithole, unlike Spokane.