Educational

Author Topic: What's in the mail today?  (Read 6986 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: What's in the mail today?
« Reply #420 on: August 23, 2023, 06:32:58 AM »
Amber's birthday gift!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #421 on: August 23, 2023, 08:31:15 AM »
A honey-do project I ordered for Sugarbutt.  :zoinks:
What's honey-do? Is it an American thing?

I'm not sure if it's only an American thing, though it's commonly said, a honey-do list, which are generally task or errands given to a spouse or partner. As in, here's some things I'd like you to do honey.  :orly: I ordered a cord concealer kit for a cord that's been bugging me for a long time, but I wanted him to do it because I can't see straight and I would likely stick it crooked to the wall.  :dunno:

My honey do lists often tend to become "Honey, overdue" lists.

Certain things get priority status, though. Safety, plumbing or electrical, always taken care of immediately.
We had a dishwasher leaking and some paint had peeled in a spot. THAT was moved to the top of the list once the appliance was replaced.
Could not allow peeling paint in our new home!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #422 on: August 23, 2023, 08:38:05 AM »
Today in the mail, my CD order from Japan!
I placed an order for some specialty SACD discs from a Japanese company. Ugly shipping charges, but I ordered several to help offset that some.

I was fully prepared for it to take forever and a day to get here, but it only took three weeks!
New music!
:woohoo:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #423 on: August 23, 2023, 11:45:44 AM »
A honey-do project I ordered for Sugarbutt.  :zoinks:
What's honey-do? Is it an American thing?

I'm not sure if it's only an American thing, though it's commonly said, a honey-do list, which are generally task or errands given to a spouse or partner. As in, here's some things I'd like you to do honey.  :orly: I ordered a cord concealer kit for a cord that's been bugging me for a long time, but I wanted him to do it because I can't see straight and I would likely stick it crooked to the wall.  :dunno:

My honey do lists often tend to become "Honey, overdue" lists.

Certain things get priority status, though. Safety, plumbing or electrical, always taken care of immediately.
We had a dishwasher leaking and some paint had peeled in a spot. THAT was moved to the top of the list once the appliance was replaced.
Could not allow peeling paint in our new home!

Just a couple of hours after I posted about how I prioritize plumbing, my neighbor rang the doorbell. FFS!! WTF!!??!!
OK, she wanted inform us that our side outdoor faucet is just running and flooding everything.

So, she was doing us a favor.
Coincidentally, about a week ago she was complaining about our sprinkler system going too much and making the place between our houses too wet. I told her that since the rains started up last month I have turned the sprinkler system off. It's not running. But she was right. There was swamp between our houses. I passed it off as a damn lot of rain, which we have had.

Turns out today it is one of those safety check valves that screwed up last spring on the other side of the house. Fortunately, last spring I bought a spare when I fixed the other one. Those things are $38 a pop, so keeping a spare is no small endeavor.

Now I have both current and ready for twenty more years of service.
I hope. Jacking with those things is a major pain! For one thing they are designed to never be removed. There is a set screw that is tightened, tightly that is made to break off if you try to take it off. This actually makes repairs more difficult. But, I got it done.

I suppose I had some neggie kharma coming after talking like I did before about my honey do list priorities.

:rofl:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 11:54:09 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #424 on: August 23, 2023, 03:15:29 PM »
Zip bupkes nada zilch    :P
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #425 on: September 01, 2023, 02:23:57 PM »
A book I ordered.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2023, 08:03:55 PM »
A guide for the referendum next month for a Voice to Government for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. I'm going to vote yes.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2023, 05:37:33 PM »
A check I have been waiting for :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #428 on: September 04, 2023, 11:38:13 AM »
Supposedly a bluetooth thingie.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #429 on: September 04, 2023, 02:23:22 PM »
No mail today, Labor Day Holiday!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #430 on: September 05, 2023, 07:54:39 PM »
Kayleigh got some blood test results. She's fine. She also got a Star Trek Borgified phaser rifle and a smaller phaser which has a good kick to it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #431 on: September 15, 2023, 10:48:10 PM »
Local political pamphlets about the upcoming referendum and also candidates running for council membership.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #432 on: September 20, 2023, 02:44:35 PM »
Don't think there was anything.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #433 on: September 22, 2023, 06:13:21 PM »
The new robovac. :woohoo: It's charging today and I'll give it a test drive in the morning.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #434 on: September 23, 2023, 02:12:49 PM »
The new robovac. :woohoo: It's charging today and I'll give it a test drive in the morning.  :thumbup:

What make is it?

- Albert Einstein