Educational

Author Topic: Well everyone I tested positive for CoronaVirus  (Read 6930 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Well everyone I tested positive for CoronaVirus
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2022, 08:04:34 AM »
How are you feeling now, rock hound? I hope fully recovered.

It's getting closer. Mum messaged me saying my niece and her husband are isolating. But I don't know if that means they have Covid or not. I may ring her tomorrow.

Yes, thanks for asking!   8)  Fully recovered thanks to the vaccines and a good immune system.  Just monitoring myself for any subtle side effects of the virus, cognitive difficulties, breathing problems, etc.  Sending good thoughts for your family!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2022, 01:30:39 PM »
^Glad you're OK.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2022, 05:55:13 PM »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2022, 07:10:05 PM »
My niece and her husband did have Covid. Their baby (one year old) didn't get it. They're fine now, I'm glad of it. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2022, 04:34:54 AM »
A couple of people at the Salvos where I volunteer have Covid.

Also, the state Premier, Mark McGowan and his family have it. One of his children is in a serious condition in hospital. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2022, 02:33:29 PM »
There's supposedly going to be another wave here next month. Not sure what they're basing the assumption on.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2022, 04:27:47 PM »
There's supposedly going to be another wave here next month. Not sure what they're basing the assumption on.

Increased warmer weather and folks believing the worst is over, so folks get complacent.  The number of infections is going up in NH and there is that group that still won't be vaccinated or take precautions.   ::)  The human herd can still be stupid!  The Spanish flu epidemic of last century lasted 4+ years before it died down.  History repeats itself. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2022, 12:47:29 PM »

Increased warmer weather and folks believing the worst is over, so folks get complacent.  The number of infections is going up in NH and there is that group that still won't be vaccinated or take precautions.   ::)  The human herd can still be stupid!  The Spanish flu epidemic of last century lasted 4+ years before it died down.  History repeats itself.

Did you see Fauci compare the Spanish Flu with this one? It was amazing how similar they were.

I thought about all this the other day when shopping. I actively avoid people still but people no longer care so it's getting harder and harder. People forget quickly.

Some newspapers had headlines stating that "things will never go back to normal" for just a few months ago. FFS.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2022, 09:16:18 PM »

Did you see Fauci compare the Spanish Flu with this one? It was amazing how similar they were.

I thought about all this the other day when shopping. I actively avoid people still but people no longer care so it's getting harder and harder. People forget quickly.

Some newspapers had headlines stating that "things will never go back to normal" for just a few months ago. FFS.

Oh, people are bringing up the Spanish Flu more and more.  They had the same issue back then, people refusing masks, refusing to socially distance, etc.  History is repeating itself.   ::)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2022, 09:57:46 PM »
The whole attitude in this area concerning masks is crazy, people fought it from the start here.

The looks I get for having one on...people tend not to talk to me as much anymore.

...and that last part is why I might never stop wearing one.  :lol1:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2022, 10:14:08 PM »
The whole attitude in this area concerning masks is crazy, people fought it from the start here.

The looks I get for having one on...people tend not to talk to me as much anymore.

...and that last part is why I might never stop wearing one.  :lol1:

:indeed: :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2022, 05:47:53 AM »

...and that last part is why I might never stop wearing one.
  :lol1:

My son has already made that decision. He says he will always wear a mask from now on.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2022, 09:09:40 AM »
I was travelling last week and brought with me cold-like symptoms back home. Sort of wondering if I have it now. :-\

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2022, 07:21:10 PM »
I was travelling last week and brought with me cold-like symptoms back home. Sort of wondering if I have it now. :-\
Do you have any RATs to test yourself?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2022, 04:20:20 PM »
Do you have any RATs to test yourself?

Nope. Tests are bloody hard to get by now that everyone thinks it is all over. ::)

Feeling a bit better today, so I'll probably live.

- Albert Einstein