Author Topic: How can business owners in this country sit there twiddling their thumbs, while  (Read 600 times)

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
I never have voted Tory, but a lot of the people on the left do themselves a disservice, in that they paint the Tories in such a cartoon character bad guy way that I'm starting to think it would be funny to vote Tory in the future, not because it would help me, but because some people put up such an amusing opposition to the Tories that its worth having them on that basis.
Kick me.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
George Carlin always came across as too bitter to consider funny.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
My father ranted like that, not about rich people, but about his own life, but using similar mannerisms and repetitive speech patterns as my father, for some reason I like it, my sister hates it for the same reason.
Kick me.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore

More "stand up philosopher" in that he speaks uncomfortable truths (at least as he sees it) with a large serve of hyperbole.

Not so much "rolling around on the floor holding your sides" funny.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.

More "stand up philosopher" in that he speaks uncomfortable truths (at least as he sees it) with a large serve of hyperbole.

There's definitely comics who manage to make uncomfortable truths really funny. It's only a personal opinion about his delivery. I'm sure he made a lot of people laugh or he wouldn't have been such a successful comic. I'm just not one of them. :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
Kick me.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore

There's definitely comics who manage to make uncomfortable truths really funny. It's only a personal opinion about his delivery. I'm sure he made a lot of people laugh or he wouldn't have been such a successful comic. I'm just not one of them. :dunno:

This is a famous Australian comedian who was known to tell the odd uncomfortable truth:

“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
And Mike Nolan :

Kick me.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore