Author Topic: Hello hello  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Hello hello
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 03:30:49 AM »
I was going grey in my 20s. Now, at 55, my hair is white. And thinning.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 06:13:30 AM »
Sup Shleed  :welcome:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 06:46:38 AM »

New and improved Shleed?
Sounds fun.
 :headbang2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 07:26:03 AM »
I'm still not mature, need to work on the foul mouth too - just not as much of a dick overall.  :lol1:

I've become accustomed to spicy floral shirts and asserting my dominance by throwing shapes while drunk in night clubs. No one can beat the shapeshifter.  :fuckyeahdance:

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 07:38:21 AM »
Christ it has been 7 years, I'm still surprised the forum was even still here. Searched it on a whim and there it was!

I've become subdued and less of an edgy prick since then - now live with my partner in the UK and work as a designer (although I'm currently furloughed, yaaay :zoinks: ). Won't be trolling this time around, kind of grew
out of that. Noticed I'm going grey and there is more important shit to deal with in life now.
Welcome back :) And especially welcome to the UK. We need as many actual; leftists as we can get here, to balance out those jerks who sincerely believe that  we need to adopt the middle ground between the far right and the not-so-far right.  :LOL: Your posts thus far  look promising :)

We are all going grey except for Sir Les (Now known as Al) who contemptuously likens present-day I^2 to a ladies sewing circle . You'll probably notice him swinging by to rant, on occasion.
[EDIT: oh! you certainly did notice him !  :LOL: That was him posting as ÄLLLIVESMATTER ]

What do you design?

Over the years I have really seen the damage the far-right have done to society/the internet and decided to take up the mantel to oppose them as much as I can. I guess it stems down to how angry I feel over them duping me with their lies, along with many normally reasonable people. Breadtube has helped a lot, same with visiting LGBTQ+ groups and talking to them about the horrors they often face. I've gotten in trouble on twitter for pissing off a lot of TERFs, but I don't think I'm going to stop!  :zoinks:

I'm a digital designer, so anything from animation, front end web development to HTML based emails. I also help with with product photography, particularly retouching - used to do the whole lot myself until they hired a dedicated photographer. Kind of glad as it really burned me out of doing it as a hobby for a long time. Even got involved in calibrating a large fabric printer which is nearly worth more than lot of cars, that was... interesting! Being furloughed as made me a bit anxious in case of potential redundancies, have savings for a plan B just in case, but it's still a worry.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 07:41:20 AM by wretchmachine »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 02:29:53 PM »
Welcome back.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 04:16:32 PM »
Welcome back!

What does "throwing shapes" mean?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »
Dancing like you mean it, not being afraid of making a fool of yourself while doing it too because you're too busy enjoying yourself  8)

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2020, 08:43:57 PM »
Welcome back Shleed, I think we may have crossed paths or not and I'm also going grey.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »
I can't recognise a lot of people on here since the names have changed, to be honest.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2020, 09:07:23 PM »
Dancing like you mean it, not being afraid of making a fool of yourself while doing it too because you're too busy enjoying yourself  8)

That's cooler and less R rated than I thought.  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2020, 11:35:59 PM »
Calandale would be interested in this. He hasn't been around for a while.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2020, 02:19:05 AM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2020, 03:01:14 AM »
^Wow, she's good.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2020, 06:10:47 AM »
I tried that, way back in my teens.  Great idea, wrong spazz.  I clumsily  crashed into way too many people  :-[