Author Topic: Traveling  (Read 189 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Traveling
« on: June 26, 2020, 11:46:57 PM »
I travel when I can... and most of it has been international travel or going out of state (outside of Chicago Area)...

The trips are a once in a while thing, like my trek to Wrigley is once in a while... but as of lately, it's hard to do anything because of COVID-19 restrictions...

Some of the places I do wish I can go to when (or if) this virus dies down is the West Coast of the United States, and making a way up to Canada to visit some family members I never met...

All of this right now is a pipe dream because I'm on a supplemental income and a part-time job as a janitor.

I miss traveling!!!!

:'(

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Traveling
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 11:52:10 PM »
Don't worry Gen, nobodys doing much travelling for now and for at least another year or 2.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 09:00:37 AM »
Are there any free/inexpensive things to do in the local area? It looks like your area just entered stage 4, so now allowing limited capacity for things like museums and zoos.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 04:04:50 PM »
Missing it too, Gen. I've grown used to be travelling at least one week per month but haven't been anywhere since Prague in February. It's weird.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 11:07:45 PM »
Are there any free/inexpensive things to do in the local area? It looks like your area just entered stage 4, so now allowing limited capacity for things like museums and zoos.

Not a lot of stuff except going to the thrift shop, or coffeehouse to pick up a drink or two.