Educational

Author Topic: I quit  (Read 5723 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: I quit
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2020, 04:27:35 PM »
I moved to the UK right during the Brexit referendum - FML.

Oh dear. I'm just glad the locals haven't burned you at the stake :laugh:

Are you in a city, or doing the rural thing?
I'm not brown enough ::)  :LOL:

In a large town in East Midlands, near Leicester/Nottingham. It's okay, but it's home to some of the worst kebabs in existence. Until the German donner place arrived, that is. I would be bored shitless if it were a rural place.

What I wouldn't give for some good British takeaway :autism:

A shish or chicken kebab would be heaven :vibrator:

A proper British Chinese takeaway. Lemon or pineapple chicken with fried rice :flowersex:
Hungarian Chinese food is shit :(

Chips and brown sauce :drool:

Chicken tikka and pilau rice :dick:
There are a few decent Indian restaurants, but nothing like back home :grrr:

An oval bite from Greggs :lovelove:

Pizza :missionary:
Hungarian pizza is just embarrassing :-[
There is one great pizza place, but the rest are terrible.

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2020, 04:31:29 PM »
I had Greggs for lunch today.
Kick me.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »
A shish or chicken kebab would be heaven :vibrator:

Can't get proper ones where I live. They do it as cheap as possible because drunk people won't know the difference. :(

Kebabs are generally god-tier in Ireland. I've had a few good ones in Nottingham, though.

A proper British Chinese takeaway. Lemon or pineapple chicken with fried rice :flowersex:
Hungarian Chinese food is shit :(
I've tried EVERY chinese in this town and only one is actually good. The rest is rubber chicken galore  :zombiefuck:

Chicken tikka and pilau rice :dick:
There are a few decent Indian restaurants, but nothing like back home :grrr:

Oof I want one right now, indian restaurants are one of the only few saving grace in this town.

An oval bite from Greggs :lovelove:

I could do with a chicken bake...  :eyelash:

Another thing I love is gyros - there's a greek place in Nottingham and they make most kebabs look rubbish in comparison.  :autism:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2020, 05:02:48 PM »
I miss Butterflies.

Hi Schleed. Nice to see you, and it's lovely to hear that you've settled down with Emma. I'm genuinely thrilled for you :thumbup:

Okay, that's freaky that you suddenly came back like that  :LOL:

Have you been lurking?

In a manner of speaking, yes.

A month or so ago, I turned up and saw the ALM account, and assumed Les had finally had the meltdown to end all meltdowns :headexplode:

Been checking in every so often since then, out of ghoulish interest, waiting to see what happened next  :popcorn:

Now that the Les has claimed that he isn't ALM, and put my name forward as a possible suspect, I thought I should sign in and say no. Wasn't me :police:

He loves to blame everybody else.  Alcoholism does that.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #364 on: July 27, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »

Another thing I love is gyros - there's a greek place in Nottingham and they make most kebabs look rubbish in comparison.  :autism:

Yes, gyros. They are everywhere here, and they're awful. They're cheap, nasty, and sold on every filthy corner. They're fuel for Hungarian chavs. I can't tell you how drunk I have to be to buy one :zombiefuck:

I'm sure they're lovely from a nice Greek takeaway back home though. Hungarian fast food is just shit :-[

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #365 on: July 27, 2020, 05:08:35 PM »
I've been to Budapest twice, on the train from Slovenia both times. 19 years ago. Awesome city. Great food.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2020, 05:09:46 PM »

Yes, gyros. They are everywhere here, and they're awful. They're cheap, nasty, and sold on every filthy corner. They're fuel for Hungarian chavs. I can't tell you how drunk I have to be to buy one :zombiefuck:

I'm sure they're lovely from a nice Greek takeaway back home though. Hungarian fast food is just shit :-[

Greek places are not very commonplace in the UK, so I guess that's why. Emphasis on quality in order to stand out.

Hungary seems less appealing to me now.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #367 on: July 27, 2020, 05:15:00 PM »
In 2001 I remember going to cheap little eateries in Budapest where the food was awesome. Of course I was living in Slovenia so all food was comparatively awesome.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #368 on: July 27, 2020, 05:22:16 PM »
I've been to Budapest twice, on the train from Slovenia both times. 19 years ago. Awesome city. Great food.

Great food here, if you eat in restaurants. And a good meal in a restaurant costs less than a decent takeaway back home. But I do miss my British takeaway :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:24:18 PM by 'Butterflies' »

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #369 on: July 27, 2020, 05:26:55 PM »
Curious, what brought the move to Hungary? Seems like quite a random place to move to.

I'd love to move back to Ireland, but there are many personal factors to why I can't. Was planning to visit in April but thanks to covid, that's not looking likely until next year at least. :(

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #370 on: July 27, 2020, 05:43:38 PM »

Great food here, if you eat in restaurants. And a good meal in a restaurant costs less than a decent takeaway back home. But I do miss my British takeaway :laugh:

British food is generally not that great. There are a smallish number of places that do excellent fish and chips. There are lots of decent Indian restaurants. And a good full English breakfast is great.

Things might have improved since 1998 though, and Britain has become more multicultural.

England is the only place where I've seen people make buttered toast and then spread their Chinese takeaway on top of it.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #371 on: July 27, 2020, 05:44:20 PM »

I'd love to move back to Ireland, but there are many personal factors to why I can't. Was planning to visit in April but thanks to covid, that's not looking likely until next year at least. :(

Why can't you move home?

Curious, what brought the move to Hungary? Seems like quite a random place to move to.

Nobody liked living in N.Ireland. Shit atmosphere. When it became time to leave, we all agreed that we'd like something different. We all had different ideas. I quite fancied New York. Uncle liked the South of France, Cousin liked Paris.
My aunts best friend from school lives in Budapest, and we all just agreed that Budapest was beautiful, and we just ended up choosing it.
Of course it helped that it was in the EU, which meant nobody had to worry about residency permits.

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »
I need to visit Ireland. I'm sure it's very nice.
Kick me.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #373 on: July 27, 2020, 05:49:35 PM »
I need to visit Ireland. I'm sure it's very nice.

Ireland is lovely. Northern Ireland is a shithole.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #374 on: July 27, 2020, 05:52:39 PM »

England is the only place where I've seen people make buttered toast and then spread their Chinese takeaway on top of it.

Oh yuck :zombiefuck:

Over here they dip their pizzas in sauce(tomato, or brown,) and mix red wine with cola :zombiefuck: