Educational

Author Topic: I quit  (Read 5704 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: I quit
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2020, 09:51:43 AM »
At the G20 summit in Toronto, they found out that it was people protesting who had burnt out the cop cars, it was the cops who had done it to make the public more sympathetic to their cause by blaming the people protesting.
just wanna check, are you quite sure about this, Phoenix? on what evidence? obviously i was totally willing to take your word in this context, but felt i'd better check that before i repeated it elsewhere ("mate on autistic forum" not qute counting as reliable source, generally speaking  :laugh: ) ; so i;ve just done a couple of hours of research online (didn't mean to spend that long but it proved really tricky) . To put the results in a nutshell: even people who have no love of the police, who know very well what the police are capable of,  and would clearly like it to be true (as would I) are dismissing it as a debunked conspiracy theory.  I've just given up on finding anything solid after reading this article:
https://redpowermedia.wordpress.com/2014/10/17/the-red-power-conspiracy-theory-and-the-burning-rcmp-cars/
I still wouldn't completely rule out  a successful cover-up  (cos I'm just not  the sort to completely rule out any feasible possibility)   But it certainly doesn't look like anybody ever managed to nail them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 09:53:24 AM by Walkie »

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2020, 04:48:41 PM »
The cop who killed Floyd has been charged with murder.

That won't stick. The prosecutors know that. It's for show.

Best outcome would be a conviction for manslaughter, and throw the prick into the general prison population.

This I would 100% agree with, does the guy still have his job? I think he should be in prison with the worst people out there, doubt he would last very long if the worst comes.

Better yet pray he doesn't drop the soap....
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2020, 05:16:46 PM »
At the G20 summit in Toronto, they found out that it was people protesting who had burnt out the cop cars, it was the cops who had done it to make the public more sympathetic to their cause by blaming the people protesting.
just wanna check, are you quite sure about this, Phoenix? on what evidence? obviously i was totally willing to take your word in this context, but felt i'd better check that before i repeated it elsewhere ("mate on autistic forum" not qute counting as reliable source, generally speaking  :laugh: ) ; so i;ve just done a couple of hours of research online (didn't mean to spend that long but it proved really tricky) . To put the results in a nutshell: even people who have no love of the police, who know very well what the police are capable of,  and would clearly like it to be true (as would I) are dismissing it as a debunked conspiracy theory.  I've just given up on finding anything solid after reading this article:
https://redpowermedia.wordpress.com/2014/10/17/the-red-power-conspiracy-theory-and-the-burning-rcmp-cars/
I still wouldn't completely rule out  a successful cover-up  (cos I'm just not  the sort to completely rule out any feasible possibility)   But it certainly doesn't look like anybody ever managed to nail them.
It was a major clusterfuck in Toronto and I may be confusing my details. My dog died so I don't have the energy nor the desire to dig into what it was all about. But there was this massive deal of rogue cops. I could easily be wrong which is fine. Tbh, I don't care at this point. It's been a shit day, friend. xxoo
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2020, 05:47:36 PM »
It was a major clusterfuck in Toronto and I may be confusing my details. My dog died so I don't have the energy nor the desire to dig into what it was all about. But there was this massive deal of rogue cops. I could easily be wrong which is fine. Tbh, I don't care at this point. It's been a shit day, friend. xxoo

FWIW, rest, shut out the crap clusterfuck of the world.  Be selfish and focus on what you need to do to heal or vent your rage and frustrations.  Long ago, a very dear friend of mine spoke of her desire to go to the top of a mountain and WAIL/SCREAM/CRY as her marriage and life changed.  She did!  I never got the sequel to that, but, she recovered and lives on for her own Mongrel Horde.  She runs a dog sanctuary in Santa Fe New Mexico called "Bridging the Worlds".  If you want to do the same. do it, whatever it takes for your grief and frustration to have an outlet/release.  My dear friend, focus on yourself, your family and your fur babies.  The rest of the world can take a flying fuck and it will still be here when your ready to resume dealing with it. 

Namaste
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2020, 07:51:10 PM »
:hug:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2020, 09:10:56 PM »

NP Phoenix.  TBH, was not expecting a reply from yourself near so soon, not under present  circumstances (shoulda said, shouldn't i ?   :-[) so thank you very much for that!  And - should definitely clarify, this time - am not expecting you to research it at all .  Just throwing in a link , in case anyone cares to follow it.

For my own part, I just  thought  it would have been irresponsible of me not to register my newfound doubts ASAP,  given that  I'd  underscored what you said by quotng you twice over  without checking first.  :emb:  Especially afer I  read the Indigenous peoples' angle on that story . I think I understand  why they would want to be so very careful to get all their facts straight before pointing the finger at anyone.

But anyway , I've done that now,in suitably timely fashion,  and i figure we can all let it rest now, or not, whichever suits.  Frankly, I  think we probably all have better things to do with our time; and am totally with Dunc et al. in feeling  that you should just take care of yourself, right now  :hug:

I already felt sorry to intrude with  that, and am even sorrier now :(

Oh! and btw, I know, I know (just noticed)  I forgot yet again to correct your typo   :-[ :laugh: I'm sure we can all figure out what you meant though.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 09:17:33 PM by Walkie »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2020, 01:13:31 AM »
This is fairly long but I think he's got it right.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2020, 01:56:50 AM »
It's kind of a valid point....
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2020, 01:58:15 AM »
This is fairly long but I think he's got it right.

Not available in Straya.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2020, 05:00:00 AM »
Twelve states deployed National Guard units last night. Fifteen more states have National Guard activated and on stand by.

Is it time to do something, yet?

OK. What?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2020, 06:24:37 AM »
Useful differentiation tool

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2020, 10:07:16 AM »

Big dogs at Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department have declared that venturing into the downtown area is not safe. The announcement recommends that people should avoid coming downtown if possible.

Multiple shootings, bludgeoning and stabbing deaths or serious injuries during last night's encounters have law enforcement even MORE on edge than before.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2020, 03:36:19 AM »
After trying to enforce a curfew in Indianapolis, many protesters showed up in suburbia with ill intentions. Our small town had some trouble last night.
I live ten blocks from center city and when I went that way walking the dog, I could see police lines forming and traffic barricades being placed.
That was late yesterday before dark.
I can still see lights flashing from there.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2020, 05:12:44 AM »
Sitting out enjoying the birds, my coffee, pipe and dog, I heard a large noise fifty or so feet away. Then some male grunting, whooping and laughter.
My next door neighbor, a fireman who works odd hours and arrives home at even odder hours full of caffeine, so yeah, probably another early morning BBQ/drunk fest with his buddies or something.

Then hammering on metal sounds. OK, now I am interested. He just bought a huge anvil, over seven hundred pounds. Took four guys to unload it. KOOL find!

BUT, they were putting away their hammer when I approached, because they had just been issued these brand new, air powered pepper guns. Basically it is a paintball gun of very high quality and power, but it shoots little latex balls of pepper powder instead of paint.
They just got four for each truck company (six guys) and are supposed to take them home and become familiar before training begins today.
Of course this is what we all cackled about for the next half hour.

Another sign of our times, though. The fact that the fire department feels the need to be able to disperse crowds in order to do their jobs being taken so lightly speaks volumes.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:20:32 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2020, 09:35:18 AM »
Sitting out enjoying the birds, my coffee, pipe and dog, I heard a large noise fifty or so feet away. Then some male grunting, whooping and laughter.
My next door neighbor, a fireman who works odd hours and arrives home at even odder hours full of caffeine, so yeah, probably another early morning BBQ/drunk fest with his buddies or something.

Then hammering on metal sounds. OK, now I am interested. He just bought a huge anvil, over seven hundred pounds. Took four guys to unload it. KOOL find!

BUT, they were putting away their hammer when I approached, because they had just been issued these brand new, air powered pepper guns. Basically it is a paintball gun of very high quality and power, but it shoots little latex balls of pepper powder instead of paint.
They just got four for each truck company (six guys) and are supposed to take them home and become familiar before training begins today.
Of course this is what we all cackled about for the next half hour.

Another sign of our times, though. The fact that the fire department feels the need to be able to disperse crowds in order to do their jobs being taken so lightly speaks volumes.

Doesn't arming them move them from "Heroes" to "Oppressors" in one swoop?
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?