Educational

Author Topic: dr wHo  (Read 336 times)

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
dr wHo
« on: May 09, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »
Dr Who has become complete trash and identity politics. Its ratings have fallen off a cliff.
Jodi Whittaker can't act. The writing is appalling. There is nothing appealing about the character. The canon is ruined. Even a reboot or retcon would be beyond the pale

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: dr wHo
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 06:45:24 AM »
Sadly, I have to pretty much agree. The female Master worked beautifully, and i wanted to like the female Dr Who, but i've basically gotten thoroughly bored and embarrassed by the series since this latest incarnation took over. Not entirely her fault, the script is pretty crap.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 06:47:13 AM by Walkie »

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 09:05:55 AM »
Sadly, I have to pretty much agree. The female Master worked beautifully, and i wanted to like the female Dr Who, but i've basically gotten thoroughly bored and embarrassed by the series since this latest incarnation took over. Not entirely her fault, the script is pretty crap.

She doesn't get it. Like most Progressives, they are hypocrites. They don't give a damn. They are not concerned about minorities or really any Progressive position.

Like That Joker guy talking about cows and milk. Does HE have milk in HIS coffee?

Do they reduce their carbon footprint?

They are terrible immoral elitist liars.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:14:04 AM by Dankula »

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 02:18:22 PM »
Dr Who has become complete trash and identity politics. Its ratings have fallen off a cliff.
Jodi Whittaker can't act. The writing is appalling. There is nothing appealing about the character. The canon is ruined. Even a reboot or retcon would be beyond the pale

Sadly I've stopped caring about doctor who after David Tenant was no longer the doctor.  But hey, I've agreed with you there Al. And no shit, there's a female doctor now?  :zombiefuck:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 02:22:54 PM »

Sadly I've stopped caring about doctor who after David Tenant was no longer the doctor.  But hey, I've agreed with you there Al. And no shit, there's a female doctor now?  :zombiefuck:

They do not care for us nor we of them  :'(

Offline SBI_Patience

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »

This is a sign that the writers themselves have ran out of creativity, they may aswell just run the show to the ground.

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 02:30:57 PM »

No sympathy. No victims

This is a sign that the writers themselves have ran out of creativity, they may aswell just run the show to the ground.

No sympathy. No victims

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 01:41:19 AM »
It's been around for 57 years. I'd say that's a very long time to finally run out of creativity.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 04:53:08 AM »
I still think Tom Baker for me was probably the best doctor.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 05:17:41 AM »
Tom Baker was the definitive Doctor.

I haven't seen the new Doctor. I will need to take a look.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »

Russell T davies (who was  pretty much single-handedly responsible for the show's remarkable regeneration in 2005  ) certainly didn't run out of creativity. He quit in 2009 and went on to write/produce some other  really great drama, passing over the Dr Who reins to the (almost) equally impressive Stephen Moffat.  Stephen Moffat didn't run out of creativity either.  He quit Dr Who in 2016, and now they seem to have  replaced him with a random bunch of idiots  :(

Check out Davies' Wiki link. The man's a legend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_T_Davies

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 07:04:08 AM »
I think the recent series have taken Doctor Who back to it's origins of being a kids show.  This could be a good thing because it is a kids show.  It got to the stage where kids didn't watch it. 

I must emphasise this...  It is a kids show. 
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 11:58:00 AM »
I remember a bit of an uproar when The Master regenerated into Missy.  And I saw the even greater uproar when the Doctor regenerated into a woman.  And I just kept thinking, give her a chance.  Every new Doctor has to have a time for people to get used to them and understand the new quirks that each actor brings to the part.  I think Jodi Whittaker has the physicality and the idea of the Doctor pretty well down.  I spoke to PI on FB about it and she loved the new Doctor.  If there is a problem it's in the laps of the producers, directors and writers.  I go back to the 3rd Doctor all the way thru the various regenerations until the final movie (american produced, I might add).  I saw the new set ups with Chris Eccleston (who I liked btw), and David Tennant, who I put on a par with Tom Baker (#4).  The rest I never saw enough of to say much about them.  The originals had a quirky low budget charm to them.  As they started to build the Time Lord Mythos, it was intriguing to watch that develop.  My only problem with the new incarnation of Dr. Who, is the plot lines are more graphically violent, and confusing for me to follow.  The explanation of the transition from the old to the new, throwing in the War Dr.  as well as Timothy Dalton as a vicious tyrannical Rassilon, one of the original engineers of the Time Lords power.   I've caught bits and pieces and follow most of it on the FB pages I belong to.  It's a lot easier for my short attention span to sort out the plots that way.  The storyline of the meeting of Missy and her master predecessor intrigued me.

Anywho, thats my tuppence worth.  I have fond memories of that show and of meeting Doctor #3 and Elisabeth Sladen, aka, Sarah Jane Smith at a WHO CON back in the 80's.  I had a major crush on her!!!!  Sad to hear how her life was cut short by cancer.   :'(

8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline SBI_Patience

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2020, 04:58:44 AM »
I remember watching Sarah Jane adventures, I thought it was a pretty cool concept and was great to follow despite being a sister version of Doctor Who.

R.I.P Elizabeth Sladen. You was definitely one good actress.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »
I remember watching Sarah Jane adventures, I thought it was a pretty cool concept and was great to follow despite being a sister version of Doctor Who.

R.I.P Elizabeth Sladen. You was definitely one good actress.

Yes she was. and a really gracious lady to an over exuberant fan.   :'(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant