Author Topic: The Progressive mindset  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: The Progressive mindset
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2020, 03:51:18 PM »
It's like Al but more coherent. Just as ranty and bereft of actual meaning though.

I will be glad when the revolution comes, might not work out so well for Danky though.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2020, 03:57:16 PM »
It's like Al but more coherent. Just as ranty and bereft of actual meaning though.

I will be glad when the revolution comes, might not work out so well for Danky though.

No someone was virtue signaling and I unwrapped what they were doing and exposed why. I like doing this. Bursting the bubble of someone trying to be too cute by half. unmasking the con and pointing it out to others.

I saw it, I wrote it and then kicked back to see what reaction.

Were people going to agree and laugh with me? Were some people going to try to pretend that they really were not trying to do exactly what they were trying to do? Were they going to go off on some Donald Trump/Melania Trump diatribe? Were they going to talk about riding horses?

Guess what I got?

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2020, 04:03:05 PM »
Even the use of the term "virtue signalling" says a great deal about you and the source of your ideology already.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2020, 04:41:20 PM »

Guess what I got?

Gopher crap?  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2020, 05:05:15 PM »
Even the use of the term "virtue signalling" says a great deal about you and the source of your ideology already.

What you wrote there was far from rational.
Saying something COULD be true and conceding that it COULD be true BUT for it to be true it would need some hoop-jumping, hardly diminishes my premise, nor does it give it greater probability of the probability of it being true in comparison to other possibilities.

I will try to make a metaphor to see if this will work better for you. Lets say you were to go to a deserted island just off the coast and see small footprints. Someone tells you it is likely an elephants footprints and another person tells you it is likely a small dogs footprints but you consider that given the size the probability it that it is a mid-sized native mammal. Now While you could excuse the Elephant footprints out of hand, you are not to completely excuse the premise that it could belong to a small dog. Given it is a deserted island and not joined to the coast, for a small dog to reach there or survive there obviously is going to be unlikely, needing a stretch or specific intervention (being dump and abandoned or a long swim or the like) MORE likely is that the wildlife is native and isolated. Doesn't mean there would be no chance that dogs could not be there jut that the probability the footprints belong to a dog are less likely that it being native wildlife. However it also does not mean that Elephant footprints similarly being counter to mammal footprints theory as dog theory is counter does not mean that these two counter stances ought to be afforded the same consideration.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2020, 06:10:05 PM »
O_o

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2020, 06:43:49 PM »
You sound like Al. :rofl:

Big unqualified claim. You no doubt have some very evidence to back this and as you have made no attempt to qualify this, or couch it in “i feel” or “i believe” sort of statements, and state it as verified fact, i am going to ask you to back it with said facts.

You are not a silly person to make up things whole cloth and pass them off as truth, right?

So let us all know what FACTS (not feelings) you based this on. Should be good.

You still sound like Al.

Of course not and only either the truly disingenuous or truly stupid really believe that.

Heck, we must be famous.  It's Adam Hills doing an Al impression. :LOL:
Can you do an Odeon impression too?  (seems only fair)

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2020, 06:49:03 PM »

:agreed: :plus:

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »

Big unqualified claim. You no doubt have some very evidence to back this and as you have made no attempt to qualify this, or couch it in “i feel” or “i believe” sort of statements, and state it as verified fact, i am going to ask you to back it with said facts.

You are not a silly person to make up things whole cloth and pass them off as truth, right?

You still sound like Al.

Of course not and only either the truly disingenuous or truly stupid really believe that.

:thumbdn:

I am Dankula

Words are cheap and so is your Mum

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2020, 06:56:11 PM »

You still sound like Al.

:thumbdn:

I am Dankula

So let us all know what FACTS (not feelings) you based this on.

Well, blow me. This thread's become recursive already

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2020, 06:59:58 PM »
Everyone knows footprints in the sand is Jesus.  :zoinks:

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2020, 07:15:21 PM »

Your momma's so fat, her farts are responsible for global warming.  :zoinks:

Offline ALL LIVES MATTER

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2020, 07:16:11 PM »

Your momma's so fat, her farts are responsible for global warming.  :zoinks:

Words = violence.

Thanks for your contribution

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2020, 07:18:41 PM »
I accept payment in the form of cherry coke.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2020, 01:53:43 AM »

I'm starting to skip his posts already. There's nothing there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein