Author Topic: Hey again.  (Read 566 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Hey again.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2019, 04:01:44 AM »
Sort of off topic, but I'm really peeved that my old PMs on WP are gone. There's a lot I don't remember of 2005 and I was hoping that when I was unbanned that I would be able to see them. But nope.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2019, 04:56:52 AM »
why the heck are you guys all discussed banned members in my welcome back thread, eh?  i hope this isn't some sort of omen :lol1:

Anyways, to add my two cents to the confusion:

it annoys me that, in the vast majority of cases (presumably because the profile's gone) you can see the member's posts, but if your curiosity, you can't find anything out
if you're wondering when the hell Bimbo99 (fictitous charavter, bearing no resemblance to any past member so far as i know)  left the board?  and/or why she left the board?  you can't find the answer. You might try to find her most recent posts for a clue, but you can't , You might try to use the search engine instead but... :hahaha: what a stupid idea that turned out to be.
And suppose you never crossed pathswith  her before, find her post intensely intersting and you're wondering  what else she had to say? same frustrating palaver
And...well, you get my drift, I should hope? 
what the heck is the point and purpose of frustrating the rest of us like this?

I know it's not intentional, but it reminds of some of those boards where members silently vanish for no detectable reason at all, and Admin just allows  other members to assume that the disappeared left of their own accord.  And all that.  Yeah, i know i know, it's unusual that anyone goes quietly round here; they're usually kicking and screaming and crying out to banned. It's a huge public spectacle, and the highlight of some members'' lives.  But still, if a member gets deleted, i do think there ought to be some sort of public record of the same, just for the , ummm, record And I mean an easily found public record , not some impenetrable maze of disjointed text that's fiercely guarded by a deranged search engine.   :hitler: . Errrr. besides which, I'd really like one   :eyelash:
The profile isn't really gone; it just not in the member list to access from that route. clicking their name on one of their posts leads to their profile which is still completely intact, so one can view their post logs and when they were last here just like any other member profile.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2019, 05:03:00 AM »
A ban is just a block. It doesn't delete anything.

Banned members no longer display in the the member list, so unless one stumbles upon a post, it does otherwise seem like their account is gone.

Ah, right. But yeah, it's just a filter placed on the members list. The info is all there but maybe not to every member.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2019, 05:05:10 AM »
I know it's not intentional, but it reminds of some of those boards where members silently vanish for no detectable reason at all, and Admin just allows  other members to assume that the disappeared left of their own accord.

:zoinks:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 05:44:34 AM »
I know it's not intentional, but it reminds of some of those boards where members silently vanish for no detectable reason at all, and Admin just allows  other members to assume that the disappeared left of their own accord.

Odeon? Where is Walkie?

:lol1:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2020, 07:23:01 AM »
 :MLA:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »

Odeon? Where is Walkie?

:lol1:

:angel:

- Albert Einstein