Author Topic: "Germs are not a real thing"  (Read 568 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: "Germs are not a real thing"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 04:43:10 PM »
This is one of the reasons I don't like shaking hands you never know if someone is like this or not.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 04:44:11 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47201923

WTF?  :zombiefuck:

It's FOX....need I say more.

...and he's still married, so I can guarantee that's a lie. :zoinks:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:53:47 PM »
When I went to Japan, I was relieved that all I had to do was bow. Much more hygienic.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:14:26 PM »
One of my friends never washes his hands. Not after the dunny even. He is constantly wiping his nose with his hand as well, and wonders why he gets a cold or flu about 5 times a year.

If I refuse to shake his hand he tries to stick his fingers in my mouth. This is a guy in his fifties.

Now I just shake his hand and then go looking for somewhere to wash my hands. With soap.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 12:51:34 AM »
Stick his fingers in your mouth?!? I'd punch him.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 01:42:55 AM »
He thinks I'm being a germophobe by refusing to shake his hand, which is covered in piss and snot and whatever else they've come into contact with since the last time he had a shower.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 05:31:38 AM »
Is he a friend with an intellectual disability?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 08:30:14 AM »
Stick his fingers in your mouth?!? I'd punch him.

I'd bite...then scrub my mouth out really well.

Gross, but it's usually 100% certain they won't try it again. ;)

Not that I've ever bitten anyone or anything.  :angel:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »
Of course not. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 02:03:49 PM »
It's debatable.

He works in senior management. Makes a lot of money, very high opinion of himself. Gets "restructured" every few years as each organisation that he works for figures out he is a dud. Has his lawyer negotiate a golden handshake and glowing reference then does it again.

He was born premature. Doctors said that if he survived he would be retarded. But got thru school
With above average marks thru sheer hard work.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 07:32:27 PM »
It's debatable.

He works in senior management.

:zombiefuck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 07:17:44 AM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 05:29:59 PM »
This is one of the reasons I don't like shaking hands you never know if someone is like this or not.

Hell I do not even share pens. I always kept several pens (all clean, mind you) in my pocket and if anyone wanted to borrow my pen, I cringed (NO, not my good pen!!) I just gave them a fresh pen from my pocket of spare give away supply.

"Do you mind if I borrow your phone?"   Absolutely not, like fuck NO!

Hey I have "so and so" on the phone and he wants to talk to you.  You need to take this - handing me this infected phone. 
OK. Cool, put it on speaker, turn it up.  (but I am not touching your disgusting cell phone that you seem to share at random.)

I have to sign this, nah, any of these guys can sign for this and put my numbers in.

Maybe germs are not a thing (that can actually hurt me), but human filth is a real thing that I try to avoid.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 09:07:00 PM »
I once did a Thai cooking course. Some welfare group had put this middle-aged lady on the course because she was lonely and depressed and they thought it would be a good way for her to meet people.

Well that didn't work out so good. The woman would pick her nose and cough all over the food without covering her mouth and sniff and wipe snot off her nose with the palm of her hand. Never washing her hands of course. She used to talk to her invisible friends as well sometimes.

The teacher would put us into groups and whatever group this woman was in.... nobody ate the food or even tasted the food. Literally. Except her.

Then after a couple of weeks the teacher let us choose our own groups. So this poor stupid disgusting woman was deliberately isolated, nobody would talk to her, and if she came near any group and acted like she wanted to join in they would all form a human wall and ignore her and not let her anywhere near what they were doing.

One time I was working on a task by myself, and she sensed an opportunity and came over to try to help me. Thing was that the stuff I was doing was going into a soup that 2 other groups were also working on.... and if she had touched my component then nobody would have tried the soup and I would have allowed her to ruin the night for at least half the class.

So every time she came near me I shuffled around to keep myself between her and the food. It must have been painfully obvious to her what I was doing, and it felt incredibly mean and cruel. But preferable to eating snot soup.