Educational

Author Topic: The wisdom of Jordan Peterson  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
The wisdom of Jordan Peterson
« on: January 09, 2019, 11:06:33 PM »
Anyone in the mood for some Jordan Peterson?

Grab your daily dose right here:

http://www.wisdomofpeterson.com/

Quote from: Jordan Peterson
Evil is the force that exists as potential truth

God alleviates the light of metaphorical substrate

I'm finally starting to get it. Jordan Peterson is so smart and so deep. We all need to listen more.

Give the wisdom generator a try and post your favourite utterances here!
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: The wisdom of Jordan Peterson
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:09 AM »
Doesnt sound like the kind of thing he says.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:37:23 AM »
Knowledge experiences intricate dominance hierarchies

You're right Al, normally he sounds much more stupid.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 02:21:34 AM »
"Hidden meaning opens intricate brains"
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 02:22:04 AM »
Knowledge experiences intricate dominance hierarchies

You're right Al, normally he sounds much more stupid.

Not normally.

He can get lost in the philosophical. Trying to marry the philosophical with the psychological. But not especially. Sam Harris likewise tries to marry tje philosopgical to the neurological a bit. The difference is no in lack of intellect but in style. Harris is more verbose and less crotchetty. However Petterson can also be a lot less convinced he has all the answers on everything.

I definitely prefer Petterson and most of what he writes and thinks is to the point. Even if some small amount of what he says is prattle and completely off base.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 02:35:27 AM »
"Stupid man's smart person" is not a title given lightly. You've got to earn it.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 03:54:04 PM »
"Pinnochio as the hero archetype is
nested immovably in the blindness
of success, roughly speaking!|"

That's some wise shit right there. I feel myself getting more ogical already.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 04:00:40 PM »
The traditional archetype is the
foundation of an expression of
experiences

Heavy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 08:31:17 PM »
Here's a genuine opinion of Jordan Peterson from an internationally respected scientist, Dr. Michael Shermer.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 09:11:47 PM »
https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/have-archetype-will-travel-jordan-peterson-phenomenon/

For those of us who'd rather read than watch YouTube.

I am leaving the link there for myself as much as anyone else, in case I have the urge to read it at some point.

Taking the piss out of him is more fun:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 12:37:23 AM »
I think I'll skip both.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
Had to pull up a couple of his videos.  :zombiefuck:
Seriously...get. to. the. fucking. point.

Yep, I'm dead here.

:yawn:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 02:53:59 AM »
There is no polite way to put this, but since Peterson claims that “If you worry about hurting people’s feelings and disturbing the social structure, you’re not going to put your ideas forward,” I’m just going to say it: Spend half an hour on his website, sit through a few of his interminable videos, and you realize that what he has going for him, the niche he has found—he never seems to say “know” where he could instead say “cognizant of”—is that Jordan Peterson is the stupid man’s smart person.

Peterson’s videos go on and on. It’s like opening up a tab for one of those bird’s nest webcams at the height of its popularity: Lots of people are watching, you feel like you should too, but nothing is happening. You keep checking back, the viewer numbers have risen, but the scene is just so grey and drab. You can make out a white object on your screen that may or may not be cracking up, but as time goes on you start to think, “This thing was not incubated properly.”

Watching his videos, it’s easy to conclude that Dr. Jordan Eggman exhibits the first documented case of the male-cry voice. Maybe he wouldn’t need to repeat himself quite so much, maybe he’d be more convincing when explaining things like men are helpless before “crazy women” and “harpies” because it’s not socially acceptable for men to hit women and that this is “undermining the masculine power of the culture” in a way that will prove “fatal” if he didn’t sound quite so much like Gwyneth Paltrow accepting her Oscar for Shakespeare in Love.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/

“Postmodern neo-Marxism” is Peterson’s nemesis, and the best way to explain what postmodern neo-Marxism is, is to explain what it is not—that is, it is entirely distinct from the concept of “cultural Marxism.”

“Cultural Marxism” is a conspiracy theory holding that an international cabal of Marxist academics, realizing that traditional Marxism is unlikely to triumph any time soon, is out to destroy Western civilization by undermining its cultural values. “Postmodern neo-Marxism,” on the other hand, is a conspiracy theory holding that an international cabal of Marxist academics, realizing that traditional Marxism is unlikely to triumph any time soon, is out to destroy Western civilization by undermining its cultural values with “cultural” taken out of the name so it doesn’t sound quite so similar to the literal Nazi conspiracy theory of “cultural Bolshevism.”

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 03:01:10 AM »
Had to pull up a couple of his videos.  :zombiefuck:
Seriously...get. to. the. fucking. point.

Yep, I'm dead here.

:yawn:

Yes, he goes on and on with lots of profound-sounding words in largely random sequence, but it's all worth it when he finally gets to the point.

Nah, I'm taking the piss. There are lots of words but no substance. Listen as intently and as long as you want, he never, ever gets to the bloody point.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 03:04:14 AM »
I don't think he has a point.

- Albert Einstein