Author Topic: The Wall  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: The Wall
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2019, 09:24:18 PM »
...and he caved. :zoinks:

Caved.....by announcing a National Emergency where he will have access to all the wall funding he wants. Such as cave.

You are an idiot Odeon
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2019, 02:36:15 AM »
He's abusing his power, and he pretty much admitted it on camera. He invented the "emergency".

Mr Art of the Deal looks more like his boss every day.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2019, 06:43:18 AM »
He's abusing his power, and he pretty much admitted it on camera. He invented the "emergency".

Abusing his power? So you are saying that he has not the Constitutional authority or are you saying it is completely in his Constitutional right but you just don't like it? (In answering this I can show the Constitutional authority)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »
The authority has been established and challenged several times. He knows what to expect from historic record.

The biggest spin will be that he has "made up or invented" this particular national emergency for his own purposes.
IN my mind, having twelve to twenty thousand immigrants (depending upon whose reports you choose to believe) trying to get into my country by any means possible sounds a bit like an emergency with which we need to immediately address.
Applying the laws that be, as President Trump tried at first (many of which go back to the Reagan administration and onward, only becoming more complicated as time went on, but never allowing for something like what is going on now) was met with huge opposition. So those laws do not work for this case. They need to change. Now!

Trust me, I am not the penultimate Trump fan (I saw my taxes go considerably lower this year - we are in the one hundred twenty K dollar family bracket and paid a net twelve percent income tax - down from fifteen percent last year - this is huge to me and a positive result - my investments tied to the market gained twenty four percent this year alone - I know, do not get used to that amount of gain.) but there are a few positives like my kids do not have to pay a fine for not having their own health care plan.
This president worries me.

Use the standard worldwide opinion of our country to inform these lost people wanting to shove their way past our unprotected borders and tell them that this is the worst country in the world and there is no reason to be here. Trust the rest of the world opinion. This is the worst country on the planet. You are better off elsewhere!
Whatever, people.

Enter by the rule of law or be arrested and deported. I am one of those guys. Just enter this country legally, follow the law to become properly American within the law (say the words!!) and I will welcome you as a neighbor. It is a simple thing.

Now the problem is that we are not prepared to have twelve thousand or more people hit our border on Monday morning. Something has to be done to increase our preparedness for this continuing onslaught.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:33:34 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2019, 08:32:55 PM »
@DD only, because I don't give a shit about the rest of you jackasses.

Do you think the wall will actually stop them?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2019, 08:36:28 PM »

What makes my opinions that of a jackass?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2019, 08:39:39 PM »
The fact that I would have to wade through dozens of pages of juvenile insults to even figure out what it is.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2019, 08:48:35 PM »

If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors unlocked and had no fence that would be easy.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors unlocked and had a fence that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a fence and that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a wall and that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a wall and had a pet dog and that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a wall and had a guard dog and that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a wall and had a guard dog and an alarm system that would be a little harder.

Would ANY of these things completely stop any chance of me being able to break in if I was motivated enough?

Same principle. If it is easy for someone to walk across an unguarded border with no barrier, it is by contrast harder for that person to cross over where there is a barrier. It does not mean it will stop everyone or make that impossible but the motivation and the effort to do so is so much harder.

No one expects that the barrier will stop everyone so motivated and everyone willing to do anything to get past that barrier.

The fact that I would have to wade through dozens of pages of juvenile insults to even figure out what it is.

So did that take pages? It did not did it? That makes you a jackass for suggesting otherwise, doesn't it?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2019, 09:32:11 PM »
Maybe we could have artists paint nude pictures on the Mexican side of the President with the tag, "Come on in.  The water's fine."  on the wall like a 2000 mile long Rockette'

I know I'd run like Hell the other way.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2019, 03:56:58 AM »

Abusing his power? So you are saying that he has not the Constitutional authority or are you saying it is completely in his Constitutional right but you just don't like it? (In answering this I can show the Constitutional authority)

I am saying that he invented the crisis to get funding for his vanity project. I would have thought you capable of figuring this out.

The whole idea of a president's national emergency powers is, well, an actual emergency. No such thing in this case. Trump knows this and said as much on camera.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2019, 04:01:45 AM »
The biggest spin will be that he has "made up or invented" this particular national emergency for his own purposes.

It's not a spin. He admitted as much on camera. He didn't have to do this, he simply thought this would be quicker.

He's like a child throwing a tantrum after being told off by his parents.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2019, 04:02:33 AM »

What makes my opinions that of a jackass?

Your posts the last couple of years.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2019, 04:03:52 AM »

If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors unlocked and had no fence that would be easy.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors unlocked and had a fence that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a fence and that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a wall and that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a wall and had a pet dog and that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a wall and had a guard dog and that would be a little harder.
If I wanted go uninvited into a house that I knew kept the doors locked and had a wall and had a guard dog and an alarm system that would be a little harder.

Would ANY of these things completely stop any chance of me being able to break in if I was motivated enough?

Same principle. If it is easy for someone to walk across an unguarded border with no barrier, it is by contrast harder for that person to cross over where there is a barrier. It does not mean it will stop everyone or make that impossible but the motivation and the effort to do so is so much harder.

No one expects that the barrier will stop everyone so motivated and everyone willing to do anything to get past that barrier.

So did that take pages? It did not did it? That makes you a jackass for suggesting otherwise, doesn't it?

Thank you for providing us with another example of why.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2019, 04:14:45 AM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2019, 04:27:17 AM »

- Albert Einstein