Educational

Author Topic: 2018 in a nutsack.  (Read 10325 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: 2018 in a nutsack.
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2019, 03:54:34 AM »
He can't, I do not think it is that he is ignorant. I am reasonably sure it is poor emotional development that his psyche protects his ego from anything remotely close to self-criticism or introspection.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2019, 08:41:02 AM »
He can't, I do not think it is that he is ignorant. I am reasonably sure it is poor emotional development that his psyche protects his ego from anything remotely close to self-criticism or introspection.

It's very hard for me to think so badly of someone. I mean, being a corrupt tyrant? I can
see that - it seems almost human nature. Maybe without all the enablers, he'd be
able to see who he is/has become, and actually improve himself.

But, I often expect too much of people.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2019, 11:58:56 AM »
No, but you're apparently very invested in not improving the way things happen here.

But you are?!? :LMAO:

He's right, you know. You really are a stupid fuck.

You are, apparently, incapable of parsing double negatives.

Which would explain a lot of why you can't understand me. 

But, there is still the core problem - you're corrupt, won't address the issue even to yourself,
and...of course, are a FUCKING BABY in denial.

Admittedly I should have done a better job of commenting on that particular line. My sentiment still stands, though. You're a stupid fuck.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »

It's very hard for me to think so badly of someone. I mean, being a corrupt tyrant? I can
see that - it seems almost human nature. Maybe without all the enablers, he'd be

I'm so glad you two found each other again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2019, 07:38:08 PM »
Posting private information publicly about an individual. Say hey, Joe ;) isn’t doxxing.

So by your definion, does it make all the difference whether a person has a Facebook (or other social media) account under their real name or not? For example, if you knew a member here on Facebook and you posted their name, you wouldn't consider that doxxing? What if you knew a member IRL and they didn't have any social media, and you posted their name?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2019, 07:43:26 PM »
(1) Yes. There is no middle ground. Any action taken by anyone with extra buttons can become endless drama, can be the grounds for confected outrage.

Disagree. There are plenty of spaces, for example corporate-owned forums, where it's in the TOS that the owners can do what they want. That doesn't by any means spare them from drama. There is an endless supply of people lulled into getting personally invested in places, whether they are "free" or not. Time spent there becomes an illusion of ownership. Democracy doesn't spare a space from drama either, otherwise politics would be an uncontentious issue.  :P

(2) We need some new drama around here. The old drama was already boring years ago.

No disagreement there.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2019, 09:35:57 PM »
Posting private information publicly about an individual. Say hey, Joe ;) isn’t doxxing.

So by your definion, does it make all the difference whether a person has a Facebook (or other social media) account under their real name or not? For example, if you knew a member here on Facebook and you posted their name, you wouldn't consider that doxxing? What if you knew a member IRL and they didn't have any social media, and you posted their name?

My own stance (and that generally accepted) is that 'it depends'.

First off, to possibly qualify, the information cannot be publicly exposed. BUT, unless they link their account here
to FB by some means themselves, there would still be some chance of disclosing unique identifiable information
via the name alone. It would be ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen via 1st name alone however, an issue
which I've seen, IIRC, Odeon throw a shit fit about (of course, he was shtooping that member, which may have
affected his judgement more than usual - you know, the whole corruption thing).

Beyond that, the commonality of the name combination then has to be taken into account. As well as other
circumstances, such as information (like city) that they may have exposed willingly, believing their name was
safe from release.

All in all, it makes complete sense for this site to have rules against releasing even a first name. It just shouldn't
be called doxing.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2019, 09:37:21 PM »
No, but you're apparently very invested in not improving the way things happen here.

But you are?!? :LMAO:

He's right, you know. You really are a stupid fuck.

You are, apparently, incapable of parsing double negatives.

Which would explain a lot of why you can't understand me. 

But, there is still the core problem - you're corrupt, won't address the issue even to yourself,
and...of course, are a FUCKING BABY in denial.

Admittedly I should have done a better job of commenting on that particular line. My sentiment still stands, though. You're a stupid fuck.

You should have done a better job of trying to avoid making administrative decisions based upon
petty personal considerations.

Oh, and avoiding being a FUCKING BABY.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2019, 09:42:53 PM »

I'm so glad you two found each other again.

Funny thing. I avoided trying to agree too strongly with what Les and Scrap were saying about you,
because I thought maybe you could maybe learn to be less corrupt if approached from a less antagonistic
stance.

But yeah, that doesn't work with FUCKING BABIES.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2019, 09:44:13 PM »
How about we abide by the commonly accepted definition of the word "doxxing", as per the world's major English language dictionaries. That way if you've got a problem with the definition you can send them an email and explain to them how wrong they are.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2019, 11:43:16 PM »
How about we abide by the commonly accepted definition of the word "doxxing", as per the world's major English language dictionaries. That way if you've got a problem with the definition you can send them an email and explain to them how wrong they are.

Quote from: Oxford
Search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

Quote from: Merriam Webster
to publicly identify or publish private information about (someone) especially as a form of punishment or revenge

Quote from: American Heritage
To publicly disclose the identity, address, or other personal details of (someone), especially as a form of online harassment.

Quote from: Collins
to publish personal information about (a person) on the internet

Which is to say, they're all over the place. And lack specificity. Which is why things like standards
organizations come into play. As (presumably) an engineer, you and odeon both should understand
this. While sometimes standards cause problems with commonly used words, formal dictionaries
are actually liable to be WORSE in cases of technical terms entering the language.

We had the NIST definition already, but a better one are those closer to the internet usage:

Quote from: wikipedia
the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting private or identifiable information (especially personally identifiable information) about an individual or organization

Quote from: urban dictionary top pick
a technique of tracing someone or gather information about an individual using sources on the internet.

The notable thing here (and in the OED for what it matters) is that simply publishing information isn't sufficient. It has to be actively researched. It is neither something handed off via a trust
relationship, nor merely linking a name (perhaps via guesswork?).

What does that all mean? While there are more acceptable versions of the term than others
(and notably, the definition you've rallied to in order to please your source of tongue feces
is fairly weakly used, even in the least connected sources: dictionaries), it is understandable
that you, dunc, odeon, and others might make this mistake. All the more reason to SPECIFY
the term clearly, rather than just throwing it around, and assuming everyone can read
the site owner's mind.

In this though, Odeon is right - I haven't changed. I do believe that, in order to avoid future
problems, things (like the rules of the democracy, or a TOS) should be spelled out as clearly
and completely as possible.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2019, 11:53:36 PM »
Cal, sounds like you've got some work ahead of you convincing those silly dictionaries that they've got it all wrong.

Good luck with that.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2019, 12:21:57 AM »
I thought doxxing was owning a dachshund.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2019, 01:54:47 AM »
Cal, sounds like you've got some work ahead of you convincing those silly dictionaries that they've got it all wrong.

Good luck with that.

Nah. I'll leave the ONE that comes close to your definition where it is.

I think I see the problem. You're not able to read. Not the dictionaries,
not my words. Probably because your tongue is so deep in some FUCKING BABY'S
asshole.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2019, 02:03:48 AM »

Good luck with that.

Nah. I'll leave the ONE that comes close to your definition where it is.

I think I see the problem. You're not able to read. Not the dictionaries,
not my words. Probably because your tongue is so deep in some FUCKING BABY'S
asshole.

No worries. Leave all those dictionary definitions right where they are, they all look fine to me. Tell me more about my tongue.