Educational

Author Topic: 2018 in a nutsack.  (Read 10311 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: 2018 in a nutsack.
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2019, 05:54:34 PM »
It really looks like the constant attacks on Odeon will continue until he can't be fucked keeping the site running. Then drama llama #1 is gonna have another one to add to his tally and we'll all have to look for somewhere else to post bollocks.

WP? Yeah nah.

The old Aspies Central (it's been rebranded now)? Friendly and polite but boring.

Does one of the drama llamas have an agenda to bring down I^2 and start another forum with the members from here who have nowhere to go? I don't know, but history does have a habit of repeating itself.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »
The title of this thread reminds me of what my cousin said to me and my mother years ago. He said my mother and I were born in the devil’s nutsack. I thought it was funny. He has a filthy sense of humor. Must run in the family. :orly:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:38:05 PM by Bastet »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »
I like it here. But those who keep attacking odeon have so much else to post about themselves, what's happening in in their lives, about their interests, but it's rare. And that is just such a shame. We're missing out on quality posts.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2019, 09:51:21 PM »
Exactly Ren. There comes a point at which people need to get over stuff, stop being so anal retentive. It was already boring last year and the year before that. Some are letting pointless conflict pretty much define everything about how they interact with the site, and I think that's kinda sad.

Maybe not as sad as how I enjoy pointless arguments with stupid people who don't know that they are stupid, but sad nonetheless.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2019, 10:56:55 PM »
It was a memory from a time when decisions were made by votes and the vote result appears to have been upheld. As for the point being made here, it's only a matter of perspective. If at any point in time I had ever seen anyone say they would like the ability to change their own custom title and it had been denied, then I might agree with you. It's your own view that you see asking for a title change, or even asking for the right to change your own title, to be groveling. I can accept that about you and understand you don't want to ask for either, but from my perspective you screwed it all up by making it as if Odeon is some sort of bad guy making you grovel for stuff. Not sure what would have been a better approach. Maybe suggesting to me that I grovel for you. :laugh: Also, was hoping you would have noticed the oddity in that old poll.

Meh. That poll screwed nothing itself. Except that, at that time, ME asking anything was going to
be unpopular.

What I noticed was that you chose a particular point in the poll, rather than the first page so that the
entire flow could be determined. I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Here's the background - some members enjoyed shifting their profiles about quite a bit at that time.
The reason I was de-admined was actually the start of this broader practice. The fact that, in order to
play this little game, we needed to have an 'on call' admin to perform the change was an annoyance
to swift changes.
No, found the poll in the search, so that's why the link didn't reference the first page. The results show only ten people voted but the poll options total sixteen.

Ah. Neat catch. I'm guessing deleted accounts.

SMF has some serious quirks.

But, maybe it's worth going with the admin tinkering with vote count option. :D

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2019, 11:01:06 PM »
It really looks like the constant attacks on Odeon will continue until he can't be fucked keeping the site running. Then drama llama #1 is gonna have another one to add to his tally and we'll all have to look for somewhere else to post bollocks.

I'm sure he'll be very proud.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2019, 11:04:09 PM »

WP? Yeah nah.

The old Aspies Central (it's been rebranded now)? Friendly and polite but boring.

Does one of the drama llamas have an agenda to bring down I^2 and start another forum with the members from here who have nowhere to go? I don't know, but history does have a habit of repeating itself.

I doubt it. Les and Scrap have both been continuously active for too long. As to me, and my break,
I came back out of boredom, and got drawn in again. I'm neither involved in any other
sites (though I'd be on WP if I wasn't banned).

From what I know of each of these characters (including me), there is both a sense of connection here AND
a real disagreement with the way some things are done.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2019, 11:05:39 PM »
I like it here. But those who keep attacking odeon have so much else to post about themselves, what's happening in in their lives, about their interests, but it's rare. And that is just such a shame. We're missing out on quality posts.

I can only speak for myself, but most of that kind of stuff is boring to me.

I wouldn't want to inflict it on others. :D

Golden rule and all - so I bore them with what is more engaging to me.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2019, 11:07:31 PM »
Exactly Ren. There comes a point at which people need to get over stuff, stop being so anal retentive.

If it didn't keep repeating itself, with additional admin excesses, I bet you it would die down quite a bit.

If a criminal keeps committing a crime, the community shouldn't just get used to it.

Unless it's the US President.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2019, 11:10:54 PM »
That's bs, Cal. Your MO was always to harp on anyone in power and you really, really haven't changed. Al had no problems with me until I dared to criticise his behaviour towards Zegh (this is where he'll cut in with something or the other about how Zegh wasn't innocent). Scrap? No idea. You tell me.

And this, of course, is where you do a variation of how corrupt I am. ::) Except you already did, while I wrote this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2019, 11:15:04 PM »
And as for how long I can be arsed to keep this place online, essentially MOSW is correct. When all I get out of this place is yet another attack, that could be it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2019, 12:18:34 AM »
That's bs, Cal. Your MO was always to harp on anyone in power and you really, really haven't changed.

Because power corrupts.

One has to be incredibly vigilant to prevent it.

And that, my friend, you are certainly not.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2019, 07:16:36 AM »

WP? Yeah nah.

Why would he ever put himself in such a fucking ridiculous situation where through a series of very stupid and deliberate choices including hypocritically ragging on member's family relationships and moderating them and taking sides in arguments that have nothing to do with them and breaking truces to ongoing feuds, that they now have a sizable percentage of a small reducing membership antagonist towards him.

Surely Blind Freddy could see none of this makes him a victim in the slightest and these actions both do not confer a want to not be "attacked" AND do not seem to be how someone interested in maintaining forum well-being. Each of these things run counter. If you wanted to have people antagonistic towards you then this would be almost an instructional how to behave.

But I get it. It is up to everyone else to pander to him and allow him to treat them however he wants without pushback.

How about "No".
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2019, 07:21:19 AM »

Yes and unfortunately it is at least on my account due to two things: His actions and my inclination not to take his bullshit. (Hey I worked towards a truce a number of times and he broke every single one. Can't be bothered now. Don't trust him to keep his word and let things go and not inclined to put up with his shit). Make no mistake I am making active choices of my own. But this choices are a result from his actions. Did not have to be like this but it is now.

He should have made better choices, but it is what it is.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2019, 08:08:00 AM »
That's bs, Cal. Your MO was always to harp on anyone in power and you really, really haven't changed.

Because power corrupts.

One has to be incredibly vigilant to prevent it.

And that, my friend, you are certainly not.

It's really funny how you keep trying to deflect anyhow.

It's like you get caught stealing an apple, and start complaining how cops
have it in for vegetarians. Or apple thieves. Or something.

It's fucking irrelevant. You shouldn't be stealing the apple.

Why not just STOP?