Educational

Author Topic: Liberal/Conservative areas  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Liberal/Conservative areas
« on: December 14, 2018, 12:49:51 PM »
Compare. Add your own

Liberal places tend to be more affluent, expensive yet generous with their social safety net. High taxes though, High cost of living.

Conservative places tend to be more behind the times, religious and more affordable with lower taxes and no real good social safety nets other than churches

Living in Northern California, there was both. The inner farm land areas were all Republican and the coast was all Democratic, big cities tend to be Liberal. Rual areas tend to be Conservative, as much as I hate to say this Is rather live in a Conservative area because the cost of living is better. It's a trade off I'd rather not have to make because I'm probably more socially liberal but it always comes down to money. The parties seem to be no different

It's interesting how political parties basically effect our everyday lives regardless if we like it or not, we need political free zones!  :laugh:

:orly:

I think a basic inforstructor and government is needed however too far left of the issue and too far right always seems to rule the very middle that we all need.   :fish2:
:skywarp:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Liberal/Conservative areas
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
Grew up in a blue liberal town in upstate NY. People had more $$, things cost much more, they where better educated... more laid back, less religious in the over zealous sense, less judgmental...

Now I live in a conservative red zone near WV. Everything is the complete opposite. The only good thing is affordability.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 11:27:43 AM »
...another thing I've noticed is that domestic violence seems more prevalent and overlooked among the religious conservatives.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 12:05:01 PM »
  My state skews blue in most elections, as far as I understand this stuff.
   Not too many fundie Christians here either.  And I have affordable housing.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »
Locations with higher cost of living generally also have higher wages. My state is a swing state, and the city ranks well for ratios of average housing cost to average annual incomes.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 04:34:13 PM »
As far as I can make it, it is opposite here. Liberals (Conservative) represent the Middle Class and Labour (Liberal) represents the working class.

In truth there is not THAT much polarisation and Labour is not hard Left but fairly moderate and Liberals are Centre Right

I think they are both shit and the Greens are worse.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 06:20:51 PM »
Grew up in a blue liberal town in upstate NY.

Didn't know there WERE such. Upstate seemed an ocean of conservatism.

Western NY, on the other hand, had a couple liberal cities, but the towns were still pretty conservative.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 06:15:45 PM »
Grew up in a blue liberal town in upstate NY.

Didn't know there WERE such. Upstate seemed an ocean of conservatism.

Western NY, on the other hand, had a couple liberal cities, but the towns were still pretty conservative.

Considered part of upstate, but rather western I guess...I grew up close to Geneseo.

Canning factory was 75% staffed by Mexican immigrants that came in for the summer, park was a summer tourist trap packed with students from the college, town was mostly Italians that loved their wine, and was on a major truck route. :fly:

You still had your fair share of guilty, uptight Catholics that came out mostly in the winter months...but 85% were too busy getting high and trying to keep from freezing. 

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 07:23:23 PM »
Wow. I wouldn't have guessed Geneseo was liberal. Only ever drove through (or by) it though.

We'd usually stop in Corning, which definitely didn't feel that way.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 04:40:49 PM »
Compare. Add your own

Liberal places tend to be more affluent, expensive yet generous with their social safety net. High taxes though, High cost of living.

Conservative places tend to be more behind the times, religious and more affordable with lower taxes and no real good social safety nets other than churches

Living in Northern California, there was both. The inner farm land areas were all Republican and the coast was all Democratic, big cities tend to be Liberal. Rual areas tend to be Conservative, as much as I hate to say this Is rather live in a Conservative area because the cost of living is better. It's a trade off I'd rather not have to make because I'm probably more socially liberal but it always comes down to money. The parties seem to be no different

It's interesting how political parties basically effect our everyday lives regardless if we like it or not, we need political free zones!  :laugh:

:orly:

I think a basic inforstructor and government is needed however too far left of the issue and too far right always seems to rule the very middle that we all need.   :fish2:

Orange County, Ca used to be an exception to this.

Expensive big cities that were conservative.

This was due to the fact that the northern part of the county was blue collar people working for defense and aerospace contractors and the southern part was white collar financial industry workers. Both occupations tended to attract conservative people.

This has changed in recent years as immigrants (cough, cough, wetbacks) move in.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
Wow. I wouldn't have guessed Geneseo was liberal. Only ever drove through (or by) it though.

We'd usually stop in Corning, which definitely didn't feel that way.

Geneseo used to be a nice place to hang out, college town with a lot of nice shops & coffee houses...haven't seen it in over 30 yrs though. I was a town over, next to that dam.

Never spent a lot of time in Corning, at the glass museum quite a few time though, it used to be pretty awesome but different. My dad went to the consistory over there (Mason).

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 01:36:31 PM »
It's rather liberal around here for the most part though some towns are a bit conservative.  A few towns away is Yale University and home of the super liberal.  Growing up in Florida  the city limits were somewhat liberal but once you got out into the county it was another world 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 01:24:50 AM »
Are there areas in the U.S. that are genuinely liberal in the true sense of the word instead of this socdem thing?

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 01:32:28 AM »
Are there areas in the U.S. that are genuinely liberal in the true sense of the word instead of this socdem thing?

Seeing as we are all working off a different definition of the word "liberal", it's probably better if you define what you mean by "liberal" and ask if there is anyone like that.

Otherwise you will not receive any meaningful answer.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 02:00:11 AM »
In between classical and social. I'm classical.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:11:07 AM by Tequila »